thirty bees forum

Version 1.4 is here with PHP 8.+ support!

Smile

On 1/12/2023 at 4:53 PM, xjoy said:

Apache log:
80.238.108.35 - - [11/Jan/2023:18:02:54 +0100] "GET /admin/index.php?controller=AdminPerformance&token=34cc34debcf59b36a000666f2843e4ab HTTP/2" 500 0 "https://<mysite.com>/admin/index.php?controller=AdminCoreUpdater&token=c54b73057c9cbfdcf6a6ad589e3f576c" "Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/108.0.0.0 Safari/537.36" PL -

How can I check what is wrong?

You have to configure your php server error reporting. Access logs are nice and all, but totally useless for troubleshooting. For that, we need error logs.

There is problem after migration with homeslider.tpl in community-theme-default - it looks to old directory for images. New one is:
                      src="{$link->getMediaLink("`$smarty.const`/img/homeslider/`$slide.image|escape:'htmlall':'UTF-8'`")}"

This is the template that works with old version of homeslider module. If you have newest version, you have to adjust your theme template accordingly. Look at the changes in niara for inspiration:

https://github.com/thirtybees/niara/commit/15e5338e628fca184a339d6cde66c961bfeb8169

On PHP 8.1 the problem is with themeconfigurator.php - the lack of brackets:
                'context' => (Configuration::get('PS_MULTISHOP_FEATURE_ACTIVE') == 0) ? 1 : (($this->context->shop->getTotalShops() != 1) ? $this->context->shop->getContext() : 1)

Thank you for great support 🙂

This was fixed a long time ago. Update your themeconfigurator module to newest version. Make sure you are using thirty bees variant -- if the author is prestashop, delete the module, and install it again from tb repository.

• 2 months later...
On 11/14/2022 at 2:54 PM, Smile said:

Packs enhancements

·         dynamic pack feature

·         do not show hidden pack items

·         track pack items sold

This is super cool and I am looking forward to using it.

The information notice on the quantities page for the pack says:

You can manually specify the quantities for the product/each product combination, or you can choose to automatically determine these quantities based on your stock (if advanced stock management is activated).

However, the options indicate that I can calculate pack quantities automatically without ASM and I believe it's working for me without ASM. Am I misunderstanding something or is the text in the information box incorrect?

image.thumb.png.9ba968ebced4495b670b6841f9872b8b.png
A related question: Is it generally preferable to use ASM? What are advantages/disadvantages to using it?

Thank you.

Yes, If you need those.

On my first shop in the times of PS1.5 I started with ASM, and recently I switched if off.

We're waiting for @datakick's work on the area and the stock inventory module. This will make it complete stock solution.

Currently it lacks vital aspects and there are some bugs and quirks (as creating 2 or more orders visible to the customer if the items in one's cart come from different warehouses. This is a feature not a bug. Me and my clients are not enjoying it).

• Thanks 1

On 11/14/2022 at 2:54 PM, Smile said:

file manager support for webp format

How does webp support work? I have these settings:

image.png.2a8bec5d6100a6f0f4366423d5c0469e.png

But when I upload a webp image I get this error:

Image format not recognized, allowed formats are: .gif, .jpg, .png

How can I upload webp files as product images?

p.s. I have <webp>1</webp> in the theme's config file.

Edited by 30knees

10 minutes ago, 30knees said:

@datakickAre we misunderstanding the webp improvement for 1.4 or is something wrong?

The only enhancement in 1.4 related to webp is ability to upload webp images in file manager. That is not related to product images.

Product images do not support webp as a source format. Only as target format. @wakabayashi has been working on some enhancements in this area, which I believe will fix this limitation.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, datakick said:

The only enhancement in 1.4 related to webp is ability to upload webp images in file manager. That is not related to product images.

Product images do not support webp as a source format. Only as target format. @wakabayashi has been working on some enhancements in this area, which I believe will fix this limitation.

That's right. This is one of the things, I was working on a few weeks ago. Unfortunately I got interrupted by other jobs and private stuff. But I will go back on this very soon 😏

• Like 3

• 2 months later...
On 11/14/2022 at 9:54 AM, Smile said:

We are happy to present to you the latest version of Thirty Bees - 1.4. The main advantage of this version is the full support of PHP 8.0 and 8.1 If you need help with upgrading your store, feel free to contact us. It saves you work and you will support Thirty Bees with it. Many merchants preceded you already! Please note that PHP 5.6 is not supported anymore, so please upgrade in time to avoid downtime of your store.

Beside that we have done many bigger and small improvements. Some enhancements in the webservice as well as tracking packs sold (its parts), some enhancement in Features and some bug fixing. Please find them all in the change log or under this email.

Furthermore I would like to tell you a bit about what we have also been busy with. We have been working on quite some modules what should make your work more efficient in the future. Those modules will be slowly released in the upcoming months.

1)    Advanced error monitoring, which makes it easy to monitor in depth errors in your system.

2)    A Full scale Warehouse Management System module, which will make picking and packing very easy. Fully integrated with all functions you need in an ecommerce warehouse. It will be perfect for anyone that has multiple people working in the warehouse. It will save you a lot of time, mistakes and will save you money from day one. If you are interested, please drop us an email to discuss your implementation.

3)    Native Thirty Bees Mollie payment provider module

4)    Advanced Support Ticketing system with optional communication channels like WhatsApp, telegram, email, etc.

5)    FAQ Snippets: With this module you can easily add FAQ lists to product and category pages. Search engines can show this information in their result page as it has the snippets markup. By adding links to the text you can attract more people to you store and increase sales. Must have for every ecommerce site!

6)    List flow module: Allows you to create dynamic lists of products. Products can be automatically added or removed from the lists when they meet some criteria. For example when text changes. This can be used to add provide list of products that require attention to your translator, photographer or marketeer. This is very powerful module, but the initial settings can be overwhelming. You might want some support for setting it up. Must have for every ecommerce store with lots of products, translations, domains, and employees!

7)    History logging: This module logs most changes on product level and who did make the change. Some examples are price changes, text changes, meta data changes and much more. Must have for tracking changes on product level by different employees.

So where is this new feature called FAQ Snippets and how to access it?

5)    FAQ Snippets: With this module you can easily add FAQ lists to product and category pages. Search engines can show this information in their result page as it has the snippets markup. By adding links to the text you can attract more people to you store and increase sales. Must have for every ecommerce site!

Would like this a lot on my site...

Cheers

Dan

FWIW, I don't consider the forced upgrade to PHP 8 to be an advantage; I have PHP 7 installed, and am currently running a minimal on a minimally sized VPS; upgrading to PHP 8 would require upgrading the drive size...

I'm wondering what PHP 8 features you found necessary which may justify a forced migration?

35 minutes ago, dakershaffer said:

I'm wondering what PHP 8 features you found necessary which may justify a forced migration?

Thirty bees 1.4 is still compatible with all versions of PHP7. Upcoming release 1.5 will be compatible with PHP7.4 and higher only -- so if you run on PHP7.3 or lower, you will indeed have to update.

Nowadays it's very hard to find hosting provider that still support even PHP7.4, let alone older versions. New accounts usually have to use PHP8. Old accounts are often temporarily granted exception to use PHP7, but it's implied that they should update. PHP7 is no longer developed, and not even security issues are fixed. This is the primary reasons why we want thirty bees to be PHP8 compatible.

However, compatibility with PHP8 also means that we had to drop compatibility with some older PHP versions. We were forced to do so, actually. Some third party libraries (smarty template engine, or pdf rendering library) were not PHP8 compatible. When they released PHP8 compatible version it was not compatible with PHP7.0

So we faced the decision, whether we want to have PHP8 compatibility, or maintain PHP7.0 compatibility.

We chose the PHP 8  

PHP8 was a problem some years ago when the tools did not support it. Now almost everything works and if there are couple of modules that are no longer developed it's worth to pay somebody to fix them for php8.

1 hour ago, dakershaffer said:

...upgrading to PHP 8 would require upgrading the drive size...

What do you mean by that?

Last time I had looked, 'apt update' was quoting hundreds of megs to install the necessary packages for PHP 8 (and I only currently have hundreds of megs of free space on my VPS : upgrading to the next larger would cost ~30% more per month); at this point the upgrade installation size appears to be somewhat lower, as apparently I've already installed a few other packages which required the same libraries, so I might be able to squeeze PHP 8 on there (but not sure about the TB update, as my 1.3 modules list is indicating that ~ a couple dozen modules have upgrades now also)...

FWIW, Debian 10, which most all VPS providers which I've check out currently offer, comes with PHP 7 installed.