thirty bees forum

Version 1.4 is here with PHP 8.+ support!

Smile

We are happy to present to you the latest version of Thirty Bees - 1.4. The main advantage of this version is the full support of PHP 8.0 and 8.1 If you need help with upgrading your store, feel free to contact us. It saves you work and you will support Thirty Bees with it. Many merchants preceded you already! Please note that PHP 5.6 is not supported anymore, so please upgrade in time to avoid downtime of your store.

Beside that we have done many bigger and small improvements. Some enhancements in the webservice as well as tracking packs sold (its parts), some enhancement in Features and some bug fixing. Please find them all in the change log or under this email.

Furthermore I would like to tell you a bit about what we have also been busy with. We have been working on quite some modules what should make your work more efficient in the future. Those modules will be slowly released in the upcoming months.

1)    Advanced error monitoring, which makes it easy to monitor in depth errors in your system.

2)    A Full scale Warehouse Management System module, which will make picking and packing very easy. Fully integrated with all functions you need in an ecommerce warehouse. It will be perfect for anyone that has multiple people working in the warehouse. It will save you a lot of time, mistakes and will save you money from day one. If you are interested, please drop us an email to discuss your implementation.

3)    Native Thirty Bees Mollie payment provider module

4)    Advanced Support Ticketing system with optional communication channels like WhatsApp, telegram, email, etc.

5)    FAQ Snippets: With this module you can easily add FAQ lists to product and category pages. Search engines can show this information in their result page as it has the snippets markup. By adding links to the text you can attract more people to you store and increase sales. Must have for every ecommerce site!

6)    List flow module: Allows you to create dynamic lists of products. Products can be automatically added or removed from the lists when they meet some criteria. For example when text changes. This can be used to add provide list of products that require attention to your translator, photographer or marketeer. This is very powerful module, but the initial settings can be overwhelming. You might want some support for setting it up. Must have for every ecommerce store with lots of products, translations, domains, and employees!

7)    History logging: This module logs most changes on product level and who did make the change. Some examples are price changes, text changes, meta data changes and much more. Must have for tracking changes on product level by different employees.

And don’t forget thirty bees is an open source platform, maintained and kept alive by Merchants and enthusiastic developers. Any donation you make will be much appreciated and will 100% be used for the development of thirty bees. Buy us a beer or become a backer and show us thirty bees has a value for you.

Added PHP8 compatibility

Removed PHP5.6 support

WebService enhancements

·         logging

·         error reporting

·         employee context

Carrier enhancements

·         translatable carrier name

·         ability to disable some carrier ranges

Enhanced error reporting

·         ability to attach custom loggers

·         replaced die statements with exception, so the root cause can be logged

·         don't hide SQL exception by default

Packs enhancements

·         dynamic pack feature

·         do not show hidden pack items

·         track pack items sold

Features enhancements

·         improved feature values editation directly from product page

·         product filtering by features in admin list

Extendable back office notifications

·         it is now possible to have custom notifications icons in back office page, for example for new reviews

Fixed a lot of bugs. Most important one:

·         Fixed image type resolving

·         Autoloader case sensitivity issue

·         updating product positions withing category

·         dashboard: date range automatic recalculation

·         delete category: orphaned products

·         product thumbnail name conflict

·         numbers input audit

·         mobile theme detection

·         uploading attachement filesize issue

Other enhancements

·         some category fields like active were made multistore-aware

·         ability to edit specific prices

·         custom code - multistore support

·         combination generation: unique reference

·         import: introduced custom data sources

·         Smrty MySQL Cache encryption -- security must have

·         reviewed debug mode

·         product: enable shop association

·         products: simplified multistore editation

·         customer service: new settings controller

·         support search with spelling errors

·         file manager support for webp format

·         csv export customizable field delimiter

• Like 5
  • Thanks 8

10 hours ago, PeterPan said:

thanks a lot for the great work!

I just googled "prestashop fork" and this is, what i got as third result.

https://www.eshopaddons.com/prestashop-fork/

maybe somebody has contact to this guy, and tell him, that now there is a new version. I think thirtybess is it worth 🙂

there is too much "negativ" advertising in the www

Are you willing to do that?

22 hours ago, Smile said:

4)    Advanced Support Ticketing system with optional communication channels like WhatsApp, telegram, email, etc.

A lot of exciting ideas. But I am looking most for this support ticketing system. Is this a standalone solution or does it use any external service?

thank you for v1.4.0 php 8.1 supported stable release.

I've upgraded the core successfully, checked prior for any DB errors and none report, but following the upgrade to 1.4.0 the attached DB errors are reported by the check tool.

Do these need to be fixed by using the apply fix option against each of them?

I've successfully created a new test purchased / refund without any issues.

DB Schema check tool.jpg

6 hours ago, rdw said:

thank you for v1.4.0 php 8.1 supported stable release.

I've upgraded the core successfully, checked prior for any DB errors and none report, but following the upgrade to 1.4.0 the attached DB errors are reported by the check tool.

Do these need to be fixed by using the apply fix option against each of them?

I've successfully created a new test purchased / refund without any issues.

You don't have to fix these db differences, but it would be better if you do 🙂

I know it says 'Dangerous' for some of them, but it is not, really. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, AndyC said:

Will there be any module issues, especially Prestashop 1.6 versions

If you update to a php 8 version, this could likely become an issue, if the modules aren't updated anymore. But basically this has not much to do with TB. If you stay on older php version, I don't expect too much issues.

The problem is only: end of month only php 8 has further support.

6 hours ago, wakabayashi said:

If you update to a php 8 version, this could likely become an issue, if the modules aren't updated anymore. But basically this has not much to do with TB. If you stay on older php version, I don't expect too much issues.

The problem is only: end of month only php 8 has further support.

At the moment it is mostly PayPal ( Prestashop version)which has been slightly modified to work with a module that lets people add text that adds a fee... There are very few modules that do this and none for TB (which was why I was asking about the module further down the list in the English section

Yes, the old modules are headache because they're not being supported anymore. So there's no way they'll be updated to PHP 8. That's also why I'm hesitant to upgrade, even though 1.4 and the future plans look really, really good, much better than I had hoped for, and show a promising future for tb.

For those who understand what's required: Is going through modules and making them ready for PHP 8 always a major undertaking or is it highly dependent on the module?

On 11/15/2022 at 12:56 PM, wakabayashi said:

A lot of exciting ideas. But I am looking most for this support ticketing system. Is this a standalone solution or does it use any external service?

The plan is to have general-purpose back office system for managing customer communication. Something similar to current Customer Service, but with additional features -- filtering, predefined messages, automatic assignment, etc. This part will have no dependency. 

And then there will be lot of small modules that can plug into this system to provide incoming and outbound communication channels. Some of these modules can, of course, implement their functionality using external service that you will have to subscribe to. 

• Like 1

Thank you for the update... After a few tries I got it to work with V1.4

Had  few issues with Panda and newsletter ( which is disabled now) Also the latest Prestashop PayPal , which I found ad another update

I am however having this age old issue when logged in as a user Impossible to add the product to the cart. Please refresh page. refreshing page doesn't help.. If I log out it seems to be OK

Edit: issue was caused by third party full page cache module

Is it not the time to upgrades all modules for a NEW theme.. base on recent framework like Boostrap 5 ? maybe somthing like Cisero theme refactored for a smooth native design.. that I would ben delighted to finish if it's available by default on 1.5 and + versions ?

what do you think about it Datakick and Smile ?

• Like 3

Yeah, cisero is a clean/great looking theme. It could become the default one.

But to force the usage of a certain framework is not wishful imo. I still like the component approach. It is, what I am setting up on my new shop. It's not easy, but it offers many advantages. But this would be (earliest) a project for tb 2.0.

26 minutes ago, AndyC said:

Is anyone having issues with Panda when upgrading ... breadcrumb.tpl is causing everything to be 500 server error.. I may download a fresh copy of it on teh weekend and try again

Did you read my post from 10 days ago? 

I have a shop now running under 8.1 without problems and wrote some of my experiences down. I may have forgotten some issues but it should be a start. If anyone has additions they are welcome.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AndyC said:

is causing everything to be 500 server error.. I may download a fresh copy of it on teh weekend and try again

You need to download the error file and upload it in the logs (or alternatively you enable debug mode)... Then you post the error here. Should be an easy fix.

Oh no sorry.. Didn't see them ... I'll be looking this weekend when I have another go .... Biggest problem is it's a busy time and people keep ordering, so scared of loosing  a order .... I know i have emails , but it just does lol

wakabayashi , yes i did download them

this is the 1 couldn't overcome

Unable to load template 'file:/home/root/domains/pe*****orld.co.uk/public_html/themes/panda/./breadcrumb.tpl' in '/home/root/domains/pe*****orld.co.uk/public_html/themes/panda/./header.tpl'

Source file: /home/root/domains/pe*****orld.co.uk/public_html/vendor/smarty/smarty/libs/sysplugins/smarty_internal_template.php

176:     * render template
177:     *
178:     * @param bool      $no_output_filter if true do not run output filter
179:     * @param null|bool $display          true: display, false: fetch null: sub-template
180:     *
181:     * @return string
182:     * @throws \Exception
183:     * @throws \SmartyException
184:     */
185:    public function render($no_output_filter = true, $display = null)
186:    {
187:        if ($this->smarty->debugging) {
188:            if (!isset($this->smarty->_debug)) {
189:                $this->smarty->_debug = new Smarty_Internal_Debug();
190:            }
191:            $this->smarty->_debug->start_template($this, $display);
192:        }
193:        // checks if template exists
194:        if (!$this->source->exists) {
195:            throw new SmartyException(
196:                "Unable to load template '{$this->source->type}:{$this->source->name}'" .
197:                ($this->_isSubTpl() ? " in '{$this->parent->template_resource}'" : '')
198:            );
199:        }
200:        // disable caching for evaluated code
201:        if ($this->source->handler->recompiled) {
202:            $this->caching = Smarty::CACHING_OFF;
203:        }
204:        // read from cache or render
205:        if ($this->caching === Smarty::CACHING_LIFETIME_CURRENT || $this->caching === Smarty::CACHING_LIFETIME_SAVED) {

MY PayPal from prestashop was also causing errors, once I disable that it then went to breadcrumb

Edited by AndyC

• 1 month later...

I migrated my site from TB 1.1 to 1.4 and it worked on PHP 7.4.

I switched PHP to 8.1 and updated files by AdminCoreUpdater.
Now there is problem with AdminPerformance, AdminModules, AdminPayment, AdminStockCover - HTTP ERROR 500

I changed defines.inc.php:
   define('_PS_MODE_DEV_', true);
but see no debug.

No log in <mysite.com>/public_html/log

Apache log:
80.238.108.35 - - [11/Jan/2023:18:02:54 +0100] "GET /admin/index.php?controller=AdminPerformance&token=34cc34debcf59b36a000666f2843e4ab HTTP/2" 500 0 "https://<mysite.com>/admin/index.php?controller=AdminCoreUpdater&token=c54b73057c9cbfdcf6a6ad589e3f576c" "Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/108.0.0.0 Safari/537.36" PL -

How can I check what is wrong?

There is problem after migration with homeslider.tpl in community-theme-default - it looks to old directory for images. New one is:
                      src="{$link->getMediaLink("`$smarty.const`/img/homeslider/`$slide.image|escape:'htmlall':'UTF-8'`")}"

On PHP 8.1 the problem is with themeconfigurator.php - the lack of brackets:
                'context' => (Configuration::get('PS_MULTISHOP_FEATURE_ACTIVE') == 0) ? 1 : (($this->context->shop->getTotalShops() != 1) ? $this->context->shop->getContext() : 1)

Thank you for great support 🙂

Edited by xjoy