thirty bees forum

Question about Advanced Stock Management System

Nordicworming

Question

Good day! I'm having some little issues with the Advanced Stock Management and most definitely would need some advice because I'm stuck. Probably I'm simply misunderstanding something. So back to my now usual worm example, for I'm selling those as well as worm compost.

I have worms for bait and composting. I created two products, containing 1 worm each. Then I have packs, containing x times 1 worm (30 bait worms, 100 compost worms...) as a product. I added 10'000 bait and 10'00 compost in the ASMS but somehow when I set the product pack to uses ASMS, it doesn't seem to use the stock I added but, instead, added more products that I need to restock in the ASMS because system says there's no sock.

What am I doing wrong and/or misunderstanding here?

Thanks and greetings from Finland :smile:

To be 100% honest there are some major bugs in the ASM system. It was something we inherited from PrestaShop. As you might know they could not fix them, so they ended up removing most of the functionality in 1.7. We however are going to start fixing the system next month and making it what it should have been all along. But now, it is the most buggy part of the software.

For the time being yes. That is the best choice. When we start working on ASM we are going to need a few people to have live shops using it so we can fix the bugs in production though, that is the best way to fix them with that system currently.

Sorry misses you comment. Did not set any email warings.

I am using now AMS in PS. Works ok. But I am missing an option to reset the quantities. Sometimes its get messed up and you just want to set the product quantities for all fields to 0 and add a new amount of stock for that product.

I think we move to a WMS as we grow with more orders, orderpicking with paper does not work so good anymore.

• Like 1

@wakabayashi said in Question about Advanced Stock Management System:

@Chiel what is your concrete question? I general my opinion is: ASM (and bundle management) should be redone from scratch. But you should try it out yourself. For some needs it works, for some not. If you find bugs, please report them.

Is there any news on this part to be updated any soon? Redone would I do agree be the best.

I am using it now, tried to disable it in my test environment (prestashop). And now products quantities cannot be changed via the product. The changed quantities are not saved. The main problem with ASM at the moment is that you can not reset the quantities. It just drives me crazy.

For a new basic version I do have some ideas written down. But this is a whole other topic. I was hoping 30 bees did made some progress ;-) As this was on top of the list as I remember. But there is a lot on top of the ist I expect...

I did came along this topic though. Something in this way would very nice. with one addon buying orders (although I don't use it for now). But this should be fun instead of out of stock on the product page. It could show expected on: 03-11-2018.

But main issue how to get rid of ASM.

@lesley

1) Procurement with min/max/economic order quantity.

2) Possibility to export orders with custom setup per supplier of delimiter, info to be exported, order of fields and type of file txt/xlxs/csv. This would make it possible to export from shop and directly import into suppliers webshop.

3) Reception of goods. Scanning with handheld scanner, and count of products. Mark as received and then print a list ordered by warehouse location to make it easy to put the product in right place in warehouse.

• Like 1

I would like to set a minimum stock level.

When I create a supplier order I do get a draft of which products that are out of stock and below this minimum stock level. In that window I would like to to have prefilled quantities to reorder (economic order quantities). This is often the suppliers amount of products in a box or what gives me the best price. Sometimes you do also get an extra cost if you buy less than this.

The maximum quantity is often used to determine the maximum number of products that fits into the shelf in the warehouse.

@lesley

You asked what I think is missing.

This is what you need to make it better. Otherwise I think you can remove the advanced stock manager and follow Prestashops trace cause It's not good as it is right now and there are already modules for this.

I am investigating the market right now and I have found My Easy ERP and Boostmyshops Procurement module and also a local WMS-system that syncs with Prestashop that I am testing right now.

We use ERPnext for stock management (well everything management really, production, buying, selling etc)

Unfortunatley is is not linked with Prestashop or Thirty Bees, but perhaps thirtybees should look at an integration with exisitng ERP systems rather than trying to be one itself?