thirty bees forum

Phenix or TB?

6 minutes ago, wakabayashi said:

What is Phenix? 😅

Exactly what I was going to say.

The majority of users here don't know about Phoenix so probably first hand experience won't be shared.

Instead I would like to guide you to the last 2 major release threads so you can check how much quality work has been done by the TB team in the last 2 years:

And there are tons of new features, bugs and security fixes since.

Regarding PhoenixSuite, yes, eolia is doing some fantastic job too. It's really a shame that those project are diverting away in every new release and he does not join the TB team with his knowledge.

23 minutes ago, wakabayashi said:

What is Phenix? 😅

https://eoliashop.com/phenixsuite/prestashop-new

Also didn't know!

10 minutes ago, the.rampage.rado said:

Exactly what I was going to say.

The majority of users here don't know about Phoenix so probably first hand experience won't be shared.

Instead I would like to guide you to the last 2 major release threads so you can check how much quality work has been done by the TB team in the last 2 years:

And there are tons of new features, bugs and security fixes since.

Regarding PhoenixSuite, yes, eolia is doing some fantastic job too. It's really a shame that those project are diverting away in every new release and he does not join the TB team with his knowledge.

Anybody ever attempt to find out why? 

@theMerchantDev I would suggest to setup both shops (TB and Phenix) and check which is better for your needs. For one it's TB, for another one its Phenix and for someone else it might be Shopify or whatever.

Long time ago, I was on the move from PS 1.6 to either PS 8 or TB and did choose TB, as it suited my needs best. Later, it was somewhen last year, I changed to Phenix as it works better for me for various reasons.

So, besides the fact that such a question, placed in a specific forum (in this case TB forum), will always result in more positive for that solution (in this case, pro TB shop), the only one who can answer it is you. Set up 2 copies of you current shop and update one to TB and one to Phenix. Then you will see which is best for you.

• Like 1

@undecided

Sure that your answer is the more responsible, but in fact it's not so easy to choose, even having both available for testing, and this is the reason that I asked for comments from community. But for those on same path of me, sure that setting up both is a good thing to do, because probably you will need to contact both community, both support, maybe dev hiring for more complex work or customization or professional help, etc.

For example, you commented a migration from TB to Phenix, and I really appreciate if you can share how did you do the data migration.

Thank you.

In fact having TB and Phenix in different paths is a huge shame, because @Eolia and @datakick working together would be invincibles, two so solid knowledge and code quality, making the right things by the right way. It would be a dream for those who believed in the Prestashop project as it was in the beginning.

• Like 1

I am a day zero user of tb. It looks like the best deicision I could have made. While this project had ups and downs, it's still alive. There were so many huge improvements. Things may take longer here, but are done in a high quality way:

• Core updater (this is fucking awesome)
  • Extraction of dependencies
  • New image support (webp)
  • Bug fixing / php support

I am sure @Eolia has his reasons, why he is doing this on his own. But as I can see, his project is not on github. Which very likely means, that he is really doing this his own. For me that would be too risky. 

• Like 4

@theMerchantDev I did set up the shop from scratch, meaning I made the design and all new, and imported the things I needed from the old shop with prestashop storemanger https://www.prestashopmanager.com/free-download/
As far as I can remember it was almost everything related to products, customers and orders except the passwords.

@wakabayashi It would take too long to explain in detail, and also would drift the thread too much into off topic, but to rap it up, I did not like the direction in which TB has moved (in terms of code and philosophy) and have also some more, for me, useful functions in Phenix such as tariff codes and BBD for products, customizable BO page (e.g. order page), etc.
But please note, that are my reasons and does not mean Phenix is better than TB or vice versa. It is just for me the better package. For others it might be different and that's the reason why I always recommend to checkout both, as in my opinion, both shops have their pros and cons and no shop system available is a 100% worry free and fits to 100% solution unless you code the whole shop for your own.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, undecided said:

such as tariff codes and BBD for products

Those are things I also need. We have them implemented outside of the TB core. BBD gets shown to the cutsomer like this and each order tracks the BBD the customer got. Tariff is with our fulfillment center.

image.png.3869533e97edd5b862f39ea12ff9cad7.png