thirty bees forum

I bought OPC Knowband module and am shocked

Pedalman

I had the impression that Thirtybees users in this forum are happy with Knowband's OPC module. But after trying to get some answers from Knowbands support the last two weeks that could make any sense I am at the point to quit this module. But before I am gonna say good buy to the ca. 100 EUR I invested and hours I spend to css beautify the module and to translate the gravely bad and dangerously wrong translations they offered for Germany, despite the fact they claim the module is 100% translated... I must ask for your experiences with this OPC module.

What is bugging me most is that it is dependend on the standard cart module with Ajax turned on and that it loads payment options in a windows aftercustomer pressed the buy button.

At least for payment options like bankwire, invoice and checque pressing buy button should be the last step in checkout.

But see what knowband is doing if bankwire is installed: alt text

This is a vanillay Thirtybees 1.07 install. This is far from what I understand under the term "OnePageCheckout". Other payment options are at the moment realised via Mollie module and then things get even stranger.

Is this the way OPC is meant to be or can you tell me how to fix it with Thirtybees? The module could be helpfull but as it is it seems to add steps in checkout instead of reducing them.

I have only had limited interaction with the module, but I do not like it. I have a customer that uses it with thirty bees and we have had nothing but problems out of it. They used it with PrestaShop first, then we migrated them to thirty bees about 6 months ago. The module was a disaster under PrestaShop as well. I am not sure the extent of all the problems it had, I know they spent several months working with their support for different issues.

The one that I have found the most solid is the PresTeamShop one. We have several people using it and it seems to work well without any major bugs.

I am grateful for your honest words and answer. I really do not like to talk bad about modules or agencies. But in this case I already said that I am was in daily email support conversation with Knowband about issues I noticed in the first 15 minutes and they always responded in a way making me feel like an ape. That was no good experience and I will dig it not. 'PresTeamShop one' I forgot about. I had once a look at their OPC module ( a year ago or so) cause I bought their image compression module. I will check them since I know that their support is fine. Thanks

Sorry I may have started off saying they were OK As I bought their module and to be honest the only issues I had were SSL related and facebook log in ,both were sorted out within a week. The rest I can't blame on them which is sales and google related

We use them, and I have nothing but praise. great module, very flexible, great support when needed. Yes there is a "pop up" for the final payment, but that is fine by me. They have even done quite a few little mods for me.

I suppose the old addage is true, > "“You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time”.”"

I use it on one of my Prestashop shops and it's not very good. However, I spent ages looking for an alternative and unfortunately there isn't better out there to suits us for the UK. I did look at the Brazilian one (PresTeamShop I think) but it didn't support our payment gateway, which was a shame as it's meant to be the best.

We had a lot of trouble with the module not working with our store and had to give them access to fix incompatibilities (the only other module we had installed was the JPresta page cache) but they sorted it out eventually. I did however have to provide lots of detailed examples explaining the problems with screen grabs.

We still get lots of problems on the checkout with 'technical errors', which come from the user changing the quantity in the cart - it seems the module really struggles with people removing products, changing their quantity when auto-cart rules come into affect and entering quantities directly into the box. There's a delay in it processing and unfortunately customers can be impatient, which causes it to crash if they're too quick.

If I didn't need our payment gateway support I'd jump ship from them.

@NorwegianRat It's SagePay we use, which is a UK based one. A lot of small companies use that in the UK as it's not as restrictive as Stripe and not as cumbersome as WorldPay. It just seems it's not well support by the module developers. There's also a problem with it not working with php 7.1+ due to the use of mcryptencrypt instead of openssl_encrypt.

• 1 year later...

I found the module cumbersome; it complicated rather than simplified.

After a day or two it broke on a site update and eventually I got my cash back via Paypal. There is an annoying excuse for a support desk which is deliberately hard to find, and then offers pretended misunderstandings from a script and no hope of a refund unless forced.

11 minutes ago, veganline said:

I found the module cumbersome; it complicated rather than simplified.

After a day or two it broke on a site update and eventually I got my cash back via Paypal. There is an annoying excuse for a support desk which is deliberately hard to find, and then offers pretended misunderstandings from a script and no hope of a refund unless forced.

Yip I bought it too .. Always worked fine for me on every order eventually I had a call from a old customer saying they just could not get to checkout .. I looked it was fine ,do did it myself .. A few months back another customer called with same issue so I removed it as it possibly explained my high cart abandonment 😞 ... I now use the 5 page turned to 3 page checkout , it's brilliant on a pc but mobile ain't so great , but sales are coming though again. Had nothing but trouble with these modules as I have also tried datakicks 1 and doesn't work on my site either (no offence as it works perfectly on my other site) I just have added extras with costs and it doesn't add up right or show text

Edited by AndyC

Mobile is not so great, because the theme is not mobile optimized.

But once theme is optimized for mobile, than 3page checkout also works with minimal scrolling needed.

Edited by toplakd

Presteamshop has the same problem as a cheap one I tried:
it keeps the "save" button under customers' addresses.
On a 3 column layout this is hidden on the bottom left corner.
I prefer hacking the default options, which at least have the "save" button somewhere visible.

-------------------------------------------------edit after 7 posts below

The one below doesn't show good screen shots of where the address "save" button is - I've got a horrible feeling it's the one I tried

https://www.fmemodules.com/en/42-one-step-checkout.html
Edited by veganline
help anyone reading the thread in a few years' time

For desktop I would go with 1 page checkout, but for mobile I personally would not use it as first option in my shop.

That's the main reason i shortened 5page to 3 page to go somewhere in between of both worlds, and customers say they love it, specially since most of them use my shop on mobile devices.

1 hour ago, AndyC said:

Yip I bought it too .. Always worked fine for me on every order eventually I had a call from a old customer saying they just could not get to checkout .. I looked it was fine ,do did it myself .. A few months back another customer called with same issue so I removed it as it possibly explained my high cart abandonment 😞 ... I now use the 5 page turned to 3 page checkout , it's brilliant on a pc but mobile ain't so great , but sales are coming though again. Had nothing but trouble with these modules as I have also tried datakicks 1 and doesn't work on my site either (no offence as it works perfectly on my other site) I just have added extras with costs and it doesn't add up right or show text

Were you ever able to figure out why /where some customers had problems? I use datakick's OPC and love it. Just wondering whethere there may be a silent group of people with issues. 

No they kept fixing it. I bought another 3 month extension as well.. It was weird as it worked fine for me but everyone seemed to have issues.. Didn't make a single sale in 8 months ,But kept seeing abandoned carts and just thought I was going though a bad patch.. Which is why I had had enough after those 2 sales... I didn't want to spend any more money on it. If I was able to sell it I would.

Been looking at this module

https://www.fmemodules.com/en/42-one-step-checkout.html

But hesitant to do so as it doesn't do Nochex or Stripe. But they do have lifetime support

Edited by AndyC

44 minutes ago, toplakd said:

That's the main reason i shortened 5page to 3 page to go somewhere in between of both worlds, and customers say they love it, specially since most of them use my shop on mobile devices.

Don't know why but  mine doesn't work on mobile.. I posted screens shots here somewhere

Now that I have fixed @toplakd 3 page checkout ( I left a file off :classic_blush:), I am sticking with it as it's clear and easy for customers to see and understand.. Although may get it adapted slightly to make it easier on mobile the tick boxes are not seen and the payment images are a bit out of proportion