thirty bees forum

Looking for CSV import module

DorkV89

I am looking for a CSV import module. I already have bought this one but this module is not working really well and the tech support could be better.
For importing products the module is fine, but updating the stock doesn't work. I only use about 1600 SKUs from the 73000 sku file. From those 1600 SKUs I would like to update the stock daily automatically.

The module I am looking for needs to have:

• Suppport CSV file format.
  • Update  products, (stock).
  • Import products
  • BULK update product price before import. Increase product price as you want before import to your Prestashop store automatically.
  • Price to *.99
  • Choose the categorie to update in the CSV file
  • Automatically import by a cronjob.
  • CSV file from Web URL
  • CSV from computer.
  • Import from multi sources at the same time.
  • Possibility to download & upload images from URL.
  • Set product primary key field
  • Only Import new product, skip update product
  • Only update product, skip adding new product.
  • User first row as title (skip import first row)
  • Create new category, manufacturer, supplier if not exist

What modules do you use to (auto) import CSV?

Hi 

I'm currently looking for a free and powerful CSV Product Import tool for Thirty Bees - similar in functionality to MAGMI - which I used successfully years ago on a Magento store. 
The functionality I'm looking for is similar to that posted by the original poster above.

So far my Google searches have only come across expensive paid modules.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

• Thanks 1

• 5 months later...

This is a bit of an old post now but I'm replying to it as there doesn't seem to be an answer and it's likely that other users (especially new users and potential users) will be interested in knowing more about this.

For importing new products into your store Thirty Bees has an excellent CSV import system built in. You can find it in the TB back office under Advanced Parameters -> CSV Import.

I'm not sure if the existing system supports updates but I suspect not. Perhaps @lesley or @Traumflug could confirm? Enabling bulk updates via CSV seems like it would be an in-demand feature if it doesn't exist already. Even if it was only for updating stock & prices it would be great.

Well, there is problem, at least 1.0.4. If you try to import something to change something (price, picture, parameters, etc) and this one already has stock quantity then final quantity will be disaster. I haven't tried this with 1.1 but so far this CSV import works only when you import first time. If You need to modify any existing product which stock quantity then the result is a big mess.

Yes, I think the existing module is only for uploading new products. Adding the ability to update at least stock & price by CSV would be a huge plus for the platform, IMO. I may look into creating a low-cost module that allows CSV updates of stock & price.

Personally I currently accomplish bulk stock & price updates by sending a bulk update file over SSH and then importing it directly into MySQL from the command line.

16 hours ago, led24ee said:

Well, there is problem, at least 1.0.4. If you try to import something to change something (price, picture, parameters, etc) and this one already has stock quantity then final quantity will be disaster.

If you could elaborate a bit more about what "disaster" means, we'd have a chance to fix it. Bonus points for filing a Github issue with sample CSV import files (bug fixing is all about reproducing issues).

• 8 months later...
On 1/31/2019 at 3:05 PM, Theo said:

Hi 

I'm currently looking for a free and powerful CSV Product Import tool for Thirty Bees - similar in functionality to MAGMI - which I used successfully years ago on a Magento store. 
The functionality I'm looking for is similar to that posted by the original poster above.

So far my Google searches have only come across expensive paid modules.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

This is an old post, but seeing that people are still viewing it, I thought an update is in order.
I've managed to use and utilise the native TB CSV import functionality extensively. I've imported products and done bulk updates to every column without issues (price, name, categories, url rewrite, images, meta, accessories, tags, etc. etc).
So far my experience has been pretty good, apart from the occasional cryptic error messages (normally a silly mistake on my side) - everything imports and updates successfully.
My main use case for the CSV Import is initial Product Import and then bulk updates after - all good so far and working as expected. So at the moment no need for 3rd party bulk import / update tool.

The only problem I encountered is that if you update the category, it doesn't make the category you specified the "default / or main" category.
There is a fix for this if you need it.
https://forum.thirtybees.com/topic/3478-solved-issue-request-created-please-help-csv-product-import-problem-moving-category-issue-product-breadcrumb-not-updating-default-category-issue/?do=findComment&comment=30475

Edited by Theo
  • Like 1

The Import function of the features didn´t work. I exported the data with the datakick modul and tried to import with the tb csv-import. But it only imported the first feature...

Also when i had the base-price and the price incl. tax and imported this, it tooked the base-price for both. It is clear that i only need one, but at the first time I choosed booth...

also to import the old articel number is missing 

edit: it is not tb wich can´t import articel number, I didn´t export the articel number with the datakick modul because datakick can´t export that 😞...

Edited by Sigi

13 hours ago, Sigi said:

The Import function of the features didn´t work. I exported the data with the datakick modul and tried to import with the tb csv-import. But it only imported the first feature...

Also when i had the base-price and the price incl. tax and imported this, it tooked the base-price for both. It is clear that i only need one, but at the first time I choosed booth...

edit: it is not tb wich can´t import articel number, I didn´t export the articel number with the datakick modul because datakick can´t export that 😞...

Hi

Regarding features:

• It's likely that you didn't specify or denote multiple features correctly in the CSV.
  • Double check that you're using the right character or symbol to separate them like ; or | 
  • On the CSV Import screen -> after selecting Products to import -> check: "Multiple value separator". And see what symbol is specified here. Default could be ;
    Note that you can use different symbols here. Like if the field separator is ; then you can use the pipe symbol | to denote multiple values instead. 
  • Whatever you specify here, make sure that you use the same symbol for the values in the CSV.
  • For example, in the CSV file, check that your features are declared like this under the Features column:
    fruit-colour: redcity: london; product: shirt; food: burger

Regarding base / incl tax price:

• Double check that the columns are bound / matched correctly when you match the TB columns with those in your CSV
  • Also, maybe leave "incl tax" column values blank, and rather create a new tax rule that will automatically add the tax to the price
  • There is a column called Tax rules ID. Once you've created a Tax rule, it will have an ID and you can specify the ID here. In most cases the ID could be 1
  • So all you need here is a base price, tax rule and tax rule ID

Regarding "Old Article number is missing" - I'm not sure what you're referring to? I'm familiar with ID and Reference (SKU)

Edited by Theo
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Sigi said:

Yes it is working. Check Your CSV file value separator. In TB You can even set the right separator. There are problems with Client and address importing and also when You try import the same thing in many languages. But products importing in one language works well.

• Like 1

@Theo thanks a lot!

now it works!!

The articel number is called reference and I didn´t know... sorry for that 😄

by the way, i really appreciate you guys here. Not so long here at tb but feeling that you are doing tb and helping from heart! This is why it was the right decision to take thirtybees!

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Sigi said:

@Theo thanks a lot!

now it works!!

The articel number is called reference and I didn´t know... sorry for that 😄

by the way, i really appreciate you guys here. Not so long here at tb but feeling that you are doing tb and helping from heart! This is why it was the right decision to take thirtybees!

This is common mistake when many people are writing about on thing. My worst case was 15+ yeas ago with some phone station manual. It takes many hours to understand that station, extension, client and port actually are exactly the same, but different people call it with different name. PS is not free from this. And since TB is based on PS then this can be here too. Maybe this will help somebody.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, led24ee said:

This is common mistake when many people are writing about on thing. My worst case was 15+ yeas ago with some phone station manual. It takes many hours to understand that station, extension, client and port actually are exactly the same, but different people call it with different name. PS is not free from this. And since TB is based on PS then this can be here too. Maybe this will help somebody.

Yeah, if everybody used the same "naming convention" and stayed consistent, things would be a lot easier. Like SKU - everybody knows SKU but in TB/PS it's Reference... 
Even in TB there are inconsistencies like Brand some places and Manufacturer in other places etc.

On 3/17/2020 at 6:44 PM, Sigi said:

I didn´t export the articel number with the datakick modul because datakick can´t export that

@Sigi asked me how to change delimiters in feature value field exported by my datakick module. I've prepared a short video that shows how to do this:

• Thanks 2

49 minutes ago, datakick said:

@Sigi asked me how to change delimiters in feature value field exported by my datakick module. I've prepared a short video that shows how to do this:

Pretty cool, thanks @datakick
Nice work on the module. Also, now that we're talking about modules. Compliments on your CONSEQS module.
Enables me to tap into the power of Thirtybees. Exactly what I was looking for. No need for custom scripts or following tutorials and writing code for certain shop actions (like send mail when user registered).
Amazing power and flexibility and nice Googly-UI. And that power for free. Compliments deserved 200%.

Edited by Theo
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 3/17/2020 at 7:27 AM, Theo said:

column without issues (price, name, categories, url rewrite, images, meta, accessories, tags, etc. etc).
So far my experience has been pretty go

Hello. I'm trying to import from CSV products with their images. I don't know how to do it. I tried uploading files to the server and referencing them in the CSV (not really that format, but .ods). I tried local references and full URL value, with the same result (in en: error copying image: da.jpg) :

Some errors were detected. Please check the details:

• Error durante la copia de la imagen: tienda/baterias.jpg

What am I missing?

Thanks!

oops, thanks for the fast reply, led24ee.

As I have one testsite... I was uploading the file to the other site      *ashamed*

For others reference, I'll write how to do it, I found a lot of forums talking about this particular task.

1) upload images to someplace in the server. You can do it with FTP, SCP, whatever you use. You can use the directory 'upload' in your store's root directory.

2) in the CSV (I found it easier to use Libreoffice's .ods format*), column "Image URLs (x, y, z)" you have to put the URL to the image, for example https://mysite/upload/mynewpicture.jpg

3) In the backoffice go to admin -> Advance parameters -> CSV import. There choose 'Products', and upload the file. If you want to, you can copy the .ODS (or CSV) file to your /admin<letters-and-numbers>/import directory and choose to see the files (Choose from history/FTP button)

4) In the next step you can see if there is match between your file and what TB expects. If everything is OK, you can Import.

You can download a test file from the same backoffice page. But here's mine, I edited the first row because some columns were read as several (for example image urls (x,y,z) were 4 columns, as it uses  ',')

Product ID;Active (0/1);Name *;Categories (x, y, z);Price tax excluded or Price tax included;Tax rules ID;Wholesale price;On sale (0/1);Discount amount;Discount percent;Discount from (yyyy-mm-dd);Discount to (yyyy-mm-dd);Reference #;Supplier reference #;Supplier;Manufacturer;EAN13;UPC;Ecotax;Width;Height;Depth;Weight;Quantity;Minimal quantity;Visibility;Additional shipping cost;Unity;Unit price;Short description;Description;Tags (x, y, z);Meta title;Meta keywords;Meta description;URL rewritten;Text when in stock;Text when backorder allowed;Available for order (0 = No, 1 = Yes);Product available date;Product creation date;Show price (0 = No 1 = Yes) ;Image URLs (x, y, z);Delete existing images (0 = No 1 = Yes) ;Feature(Name:Value:Position);Available online only (0 = No 1=Yes);Condition;Customizable (0 = No 1=yes);Uploadable files (0 = No 1=Yes);Text fields (0 = No 1=Yes);Out of stock;ID / Name of shop;Advanced stock management;Depends On Stock;Warehouse

*Important: Libreoffice tries to make the URL clickable, be sure that the URL is just plain text

If you have subcategories you have to write in the 4th column, for example: Root; Coffe and tea; Coffe  in order to make them appear in those category pages.

If you are trying to use CVS import to update prices or change some value, you have to check 'Force all ID numbers', and you should write, in the first column, the ID number of each product you want to overwrite.

Well, good luck ;)

Edited by Wartin

I'm not sure how to do it, because "Price tax excluded or Price tax included " seems a little ambiguous.

There is Wholesale price too.

Maybe it has something to do with tax ID, but those are the different Taxes you can create from product's page.

In my case I have prices with taxes. I tried to use 0 in 'Tax ID', and that's 0% tax, then the price with tax is the same as without...

I'm still trying to give the price with tax included and let it calculate the price without tax.

You can simply choose are these prices with taxes already or without taxes. In second option this shop will add whatever you choose the tax is and this depends many other things. But this column is the only where you can choose. All others (55 or something) can contain only values that are definitive. Point is that if you put in this CSV prices with VAT but in some reason you choose importing process prices without VAT (or vice versa) then finally you have wrong prices and then you need to wonder what the hell happens.

• 2 years later...

Hello

This is an old topic, however I'd like to add this information, I have a large experience using Store Manager https://www.prestashopmanager.com/order/

I am using also with Thirty bees, and so far with TB 1.4 seems to work fine.

Unfortunately the Emagicone company at the moment seem to not have interest to keep Store Manager compatible with Thirty Bees, but of course if they see that there are potential clients they might well change their ideas about.

I can witness that Store Manager is really good and useful, worth the price and a true time saver.

I suggest to whoever is looking for a complete exhaustive import/export and offline manager software for TB to give it a try and contact Emagicone clearing that you would buy the license if they keep the compatibility with future versions of TB

Overall the software is easy to configure, easy to learn, easy to use, can do a lot of things in a fraction of the time that would be needed using the backoffice.

This software is not just about importing/exporting/managing but also about migration, backup, diagnostics, optimization and keeping an offline "copy" of the TB shop(s)....

Give it a try, download the trial version and see how it is really useful.

Best regards