thirty bees forum

Advanced EU Compliance Module: addresses are not shown on the overview page - LEGAL requirements

vsn

Question

No addresses are shown at the last step of the check-out process, see the screenshot below. The Advanced EU Compliance Module has an option called Advanced Checkout Page. This enables complete order overview on the last check-out page before ordering (legal required in Germany). But somehow the address fields are empty. I am using TB 1.0.8 and Panda theme 1.4.6

image.png.695657824848668bf4f971436857ce26.png

16 answers to this question

example

<script src="https://my-domain.com/themes/panda/js/order-address.js"></script>

change "my-domain.com" with your domain

For me it is not the best solution yet.
The addresses are displayed, but if changed, they will not be saved yet.
The main problem with me is in addition, if the country changes and other shipping costs incurred, this is also not updated.

@vsn I thought you were using a paid checkout module, so I told you to contact its developers. Since it's a compatibility problem with AEUC, send me your ftp and back office login details via a private message so I can check and fix it.

I found the problem existed on the community theme too, see attached pics. So I guess TB team should take a look and fix it permanently.

Here is a temporary solution to add this code to the hookHeader function in the \modules\advancedeucompliance\advancedeucompliance.php file.

if (Configuration::get('AEUC_FEAT_ADV_PAYMENT_API') && isset($this->context->controller->php_self) && $this->context->controller->php_self=='order' && Tools::getValue('step')==3)
            $this->context->controller->addJS(_THEME_JS_DIR_.'order-address.js');

@vsn I can't connect to your FTP, so you need to apply the fix by yourself.

Screenshot01148.jpg

Screenshot01149.jpg

Edited by Jonny
  • Like 1

43 minutes ago, Jonny said:

I found the problem existed on the community theme too, see attached pics. So I guess TB team should take a look and fix it permanently.

please report it on github

Edited by FooLab

@Jonny

Thanks, great - if I take this change, its a little bit ok.

The problem on the last order page with the updating of addresses etc is still present.

The addresses are displayed, but if changed, they will not be saved yet.
The main problem with me is in addition, if the country changes and other shipping costs incurred, this is also not updated.

@colorful-ant Thanks for your information, I guess it wouldn't be different to fix the problem of changes to addresses not being saved.

To fix the second problem would be difficult, changes to addresses may cause changes of carriers, so carriers should be shown out too, the developers of AEUC should have considered about that.

A quick and fast solution to fix both problems would be not allowing customers to change addresses on the final checkout page, what do you think?

At last checkout page changing address should be disabled, as carrier is already set on the previous page.

Same is with changing quantity on last checkout page. Should be disabled for same reason, as if enabled one can get free shipping once getting over the carriers range, as shipping goes to 0 if overweight and one can still place the order.

So on my last checkout page one can not change the address, or change the quantity, but it can delete the products from the cart.

The main problem is, that the advanced templates are not up to the date as they are not well maintained and tested.

@Jonny @toplakd

Thanks, your ideas are great. Unfortunately I did not think about that and try to deactivate the codes for the last page of the order. To use the last page only as an order summary. I think that the deletion button should be deactivated as well.
As an example shipping from 100 euros free shipping and it will be deleted something, the shipping is not updated and as a seller you have to pay extra for his calculation.
 Unfortunately, it is a bit user-friendly for the customer.

Presumably, the problem with me is that the one-page checkout (OPC) problems are not functioning correctly and I can not use it (AEUC, etc.).
I have not tested the module of @datakick yet, but on its demo page, it also does not seem to work properly. At least in the demo the settings are limited and can not test it completely. Here I miss a few things in the order overview, for example, AGB (terms & conditions), or the display price with VAT or the required line of VAT included.

TB works much better and faster than PS.
Only for the order process I have not found a suitable solution for me.

On 5/31/2019 at 11:25 AM, Jonny said:

Here is a temporary solution to add this code to the hookHeader function in the \modules\advancedeucompliance\advancedeucompliance.php file.

if (Configuration::get('AEUC_FEAT_ADV_PAYMENT_API') && isset($this->context->controller->php_self) && $this->context->controller->php_self=='order' && Tools::getValue('step')==3)
            $this->context->controller->addJS(_THEME_JS_DIR_.'order-address.js');

Great! Works perfect for 5-Step-Checkout in 1.1.0, too, because this bug is still unsolved.