thirty bees forum

[Free Module]Revws - Product Reviews

datakick

• 1 month later...

Version 1.0.20 - support for images

I'm happy to announce that new version 1.0.20 has just been released. This version fixes few bugs, and brings one major new feature - support for images. Your customers can now attach images to their reviews:

0_1537265342027_reviews-image.png

Other changes

• extracted css classes to allow popup window customization - issue #71
  • fixed multistore bug in all reviews page - issue #68
  • check that dom php extension is loaded
  • and more...

amazing, thanks! First time I went into a deep evaluation and I am quite impressed by your module quality!! Do you plan to include store review? this is the only reason why I still did not leave my paid module hehe For non very well known business this can be very helpful to show the clients what people think about the store itself (can be very different from a specific product).

@the-rampage-rado:

Looking forward to the custom 'stars' feature!

I'm a bit reluctant with implementing this feature, because couple more features will not work with it correctly, or will require custom hacks. For example sizing, half-stars, etc... But I'll probably implement it anyway, there are quite a many people what want this.

@rubben1985:

Do you plan to include store review?

It's in the backlog, but it's a huge feature. Also, I probably make it a bit more generic, because there are people who want to review other things as well. For example brands, sellers if they have marketplace, etc... I haven't decided yet, but given the amount of work associated with this feature, I'll probably make it part of a premium module only.

I did not imagine that it could be a so big update (in terms of development) because it seemed like it would be like an "extra rating" but instead to a product review, to the global experience.

Just to be sure if we are talking about the same: 0_1537337906109_e7fce286-8ed1-4059-bafb-61a8c2619891-image.png

This is what I mean. When the customer rate the products also rate the global satisfaction (the store) Here you can see the module in action: https://www.tamaraflamenco.com/en/module/lgcomments/reviews

And yes, I think starting to implement premium modules and features is needed to bring TB a step forward. I will happy to contribute your big contribution to this project :)

@rubben1985 that's the thing with development, things that seems easy are usually the hardest one to implement :)

There are really many areas that needs to be carefully adjusted - review criteria - it's not possible to use criteria for products - review lists - ensure that it's filtered by correct entity type. We don't want to mix different type of reviews together. This applies mainly for customer reviews page / all reviews page - email templates should be different / modified - there's no product title or image for shop review - rich snippets - store reviews needs different metadata than product reviews, otherwise google would be angry - review export needs adjustment - review import - and who knows what else :)

But yeah, this feature is really needed, I get asked for this a lot.

• 2 weeks later...

Bug: When you create review criterion based on category or product and not for all catalog, can not create review from back end for catalog with global criterion. “Create review” button at the bottom does not activate to save. After filling all the details 1.0.20.

Checked your demo store, has the same issue. I have created a size criterion for the product winter and when you try to create review for summer the create review button does not activate.

• 2 weeks later...

Layered navigation module does not work when average ratings shows on product listing page. Filter by color or size does not load or takes to long to load. Happens only on listing pages where average rating is shown, other pages work as normal.

When you toggler off the "Show average ratings on product listing page" in settings. Filter works as normal.

Here's some notes on newest revws: 1. Some strings could not be translated 'canonical way' because are stiil placed in the .js file. 2. File 'revws.php', line #219: $tab->name[$lang['id_lang']] = 'Product reviews'; this means, than independently of langualge selected in the shop's BO, this menu item will be displayed in English and could not be translated with TB's standard translation system.

1. Img attached - there's mix of un/translated strings in some module's tabs

0_1539469532469_revws-langmix.png

I have a question regarding automation settings:

I have as the order status for automation "shipped". The "active orders" list shows next to all valid orders with the status "shipped" that "Merchandise hasn't been delivered yet". Is this because that comment is pulled from the order status "delivered".

Thank you

@30knees this is because of Delivery delay(days) option. It's an additional and optional condition based on delivery_date field on order. In settings, you can set how long to wait before review request should be sent. This is useful, because it gives your customers some time to test the merchandise. Also, in some scenarios, delivery_date is actually a shipping date, so this option can be used to offset this difference

0_1540196387412_74b74ef1-8266-4fe8-8787-21ee11a8e125-image.png