thirty bees forum

[Free Module] Send Review Request

SLiCK_303

I don't know if anyone wants something like this, or if it will fit the bill or not. I added a module to the thirty bees store called Send Review Request. It will send an email to the customer, who bought an item on your store, asking for a review. You can set what order state you want this to happen at, and also now many product links it will send. So if you bought 12 items, but you have the module set to only show 6, it will only show them the first 6 items they bought. You can get it on github also, if you dont feel like getting it from the store for some reason.

• Like 1

@SLiCK_303 Was waiting badly for this functionality, thank you so much. Will install and try it out.

Edit: installed, nice one.

Is it possible to configure a delay for the email so the feedback can be requested after a couple of days' use of the products?

@hubbobubbo This module is not a review module, all it does is send out an email, to request the customer does a review on products they bought. I would suggest using @datakick 's module revws, but if you have a bunch of reviews, I'm not sure the best way to convert them to his module, unless your module uses the productcomments module's tables. Does this module from Business Tech work on ps 1.6.x? If so it will probably work on tb.

Hello SLiCK_303

A great module, really helpful in getting new opinions!

Unfortunately, I noticed a strange problem with my store. When I send a manual email to customer, variables like: {products}, {totalproducts}, {totaldiscounts} etc. do not work:

0_1518986404124_email_variables.jpg

0_1518987249158_email_variables2.jpg

But... it's works in the early three e-mails automatically generated by store: "welcome!", "order confirmation" and "waiting for bank transfer":

0_1518987341142_email_variables_ok.jpg

Has anyone had a similar problem?

@chandra said in Send Review Request module:

Here is a possible bug. Bulk update of status of orders leads to a 500 error after install of the module. Individual order status update works fine.

How are you achieving a bulk update of order statuses? This was not designed for that sort of thing, more of a one by one, manual, individual update. What error comes up in your servers error log when you get the 500 error?

@slick_303 said in Send Review Request module:

@chandra said in Send Review Request module:

Here is a possible bug. Bulk update of status of orders leads to a 500 error after install of the module. Individual order status update works fine.

How are you achieving a bulk update of order statuses? This was not designed for that sort of thing, more of a one by one, manual, individual update. What error comes up in your servers error log when you get the 500 error?

I use the check boxes next to the orders to select the orders in the orders list and use bulk status update option (available below the order list as a drop down). I think this is a native feature in presta/tb that allows to update order status for multiple orders at once.

I will check if there are los on the 500 error.

@SLiCK_303 good job!

I have a question/request: once the product link is clicked, the customer need to login? if not, is there a way to make the product link unique with a token and make the user create the review without the need of logging in?

Small shop are not like Amazon/eBay and I think that many customers will bounce if they need to log in (from smartphone for example).

@SLiCK_303 is it really responsibility of review module to auto log-in customer? I'm not sure, but I'd say this should be handled by module that generates the review link.

You don't have to send visitors directly to product page. You can create some controller that will perform auto-login, and then redirect visitor to product page.

Obviously, this is very sensitive topic, as it involves authentication

@slick_303 said in Send Review Request module:

@FooLab It's not up this this module to determine that or not. It's up to either productcomment or revws, and how you have the 'Allow guest reviews' set.

My question is not related to guests, but to a special link that makes customers able create a review associated to them through a specific link (with a token) without the need of logging in with user and password.

Maybe it should be a core feature (re-usable and extendable from modules) to do so securely.

Excellent module!

I've used similar modules in the past, and one function that I found useful for my products was a delay. You could specify how long to wait before sending. I don't suppose that's possible with your current implementation, but perhaps something you could consider for future development?

Again, thanks!

@SLiCK_303

Your module sends a request to review purchased products with delivery e-mail. What do you think about a single mail?

At the moment the customer receives two e-mails (delivered confirmation + review request). I mean automatically send review request after 5-7 days from testing products by customer.

@datakick said in Send Review Request module:

@SLiCK_303 is it really responsibility of review module to auto log-in customer? I'm not sure, but I'd say this should be handled by module that generates the review link.

You don't have to send visitors directly to product page. You can create some controller that will perform auto-login, and then redirect visitor to product page.

Obviously, this is very sensitive topic, as it involves authentication

@foolab said in Send Review Request module:

My question is not related to guests, but to a special link that makes customers able create a review associated to them through a specific link (with a token) without the need of logging in with user and password.

Sorry I did not get the question. Yeah it probably would be this modules job to auto-login someone, but to be honest, I don't think I could figure out how to do that. If someone feels like forking this module, and writing that function in, go for it...

My two cents. If you pass the email of the customer in the request uri of the link then when you get to the review form you know the email of the user but not the password and this is fine.

Then when the user enters the review on the shop we only have to confirm that a user with this email has bought this product. If so, the review is allowed.

I think that approach is simpler than forcing a login.

In my current shop I do not even have a review button on product.tpl. The only way to access the review form is through the email link.

@hubbobubbo said in Send Review Request module:

My two cents. If you pass the email of the customer in the request uri of the link then when you get to the review form you know the email of the user but not the password and this is fine.

Then when the user enters the review on the shop we only have to confirm that a user with this email has bought this product. If so, the review is allowed.

I think that approach is simpler than forcing a login.

In my current shop I do not even have a review button on product.tpl. The only way to access the review form is through the email link.

this is a great idea

• 2 weeks later...

@chandra said in [Free Module] Send Review Request:

Is it possible to configure a delay for the email so the feedback can be requested after a couple of days’ use of the products?

The module looks very good and I am thrilled. But I agree with the question of @Chandra and @Adik.

Is it possible to send this email after a few days eg after 7 days or so?

My Reason: - Customer gets the email but has not received or tested the product yet. -> In addition: The customer deletes the mail immediately or does not remember the request.

• Customer gets too many emails with once. Order confirmation, receipt of payment, welcome new customer, etc. -> From my experience, the emails quickly land in the spam folder or do not even arrive because the mail hoster has already blocked the domain as spam.