thirty bees forum

Cisero [Bootstrap 5] Free new Theme

zen

Hello all, I am curently working on a Bootstrap 5 theme for Thirtybees and would like to share it with the community at least for the basic version.

I need your help in order to finish it, while completing this task I'd like that you can report here the good and the bad things about the theme, so i can fix it or improve it and ask for new testing before I put it on github and manage it on that platform, as it's way more easy for me to do it here for start.

You can test the theme here : http://cisero.zengraph.com/

And here is the admin back office that can let you use the ThemeMaster module, that will help you to customize your own design, it's very first version and don't hesitate to ask for things to manage from this module : https://cisero.zengraph.com/admin007/

user: demo@demo.com

pass: demodemo

So let's start it, I hope to finish it before january 2022, it also depends on your returns.

Here is the ARCHIVE to download on a zip format, please report bugs and improvement !

Also here is the GITHUB link : https://github.com/Zengraph/cisero

Cisero_theme_TB.zip

Edited by zen
archive zip uploaded [Fixed for Images and Sliders & More ...] + Currencies & Languages on top
  • Like 11

10 minutes ago, datakick said:

Looks nice. I'm quite interested how easily it will integrate with third party modules that were not build with bootstrap 5 in mind. Looking forward for official release of your theme so I can test this aspect

The task will also be to make all modules working with Boostrap 5 by modifying the TPL files or at least with some added/modified css.

If not possible I can also provide a new version / copy of the official module but that works with this theme.

If you have some module in mind.. don't hesitate to tell me which one so I can prepare the tpl and css for this module in the theme

Edited by zen

41 minutes ago, zen said:

If not possible I can also provide a new version / copy of the official module but that works with this theme.

Unfortunately even that's not always possible, as there are modules that generate a views using javascript (heavily minified). For example Mollie, avarda payments, revws, etc...

But of course, these modules are the outliers. Most modules should be able to tweak and make them to work with new framework. The question is how much work it will be 🙂

Just now, datakick said:

Unfortunately even that's not always possible, as there are modules that generate a views using javascript (heavily minified). For example Mollie, avarda payments, revws, etc...

But of course, these modules are the outliers. Most modules should be able to tweak and make them to work with new framework. The question is how much work it will be 🙂

some modules just don't follow basic rules, but i believe they will still work with just a little pinch of css (as I had to keep Jquery with this theme version, getting rif of it is next step, but it's a big one).

It will take the time needed => the earlier we start and the faster it will be done 🙂

I have a lot of hope and good faith in TB !

5 minutes ago, zen said:

some modules just don't follow basic rules

Server-side rendering is so 2010 🙂 We all should acknowledge that the world has moved on. 

5 minutes ago, zen said:

but i believe they will still work with just a little pinch of css

You are probably right. In my modules I personally try not to rely on any framework provided by theme to make module reusable in different environment (revws works properly both on tb themes and in ps17 theme)

5 minutes ago, zen said:

It will take the time needed => the earlier we start and the faster it will be done 🙂

I have a lot of hope and good faith in TB !

I'm really excited about this project of yours. Let me know if you need any assistance, or support from core. 

• Like 2

Nice work, I have one thing I really love in some themes and that is the function when you have it on mobile it really gives a app experience. As mobile is nowadays more important. In my store we sell more trough mobile then desktop. Depends of course on the business. 

57 minutes ago, Smile said:

Nice work, I have one thing I really love in some themes and that is the function when you have it on mobile it really gives a app experience. As mobile is nowadays more important. In my store we sell more trough mobile then desktop. Depends of course on the business. 

I'll be happy to integrate it, what function are you talking about exactly, do you have an exemple ?

On 11/2/2021 at 12:08 PM, zen said:

Hello all, I am curently working on a Bootstrap 5 theme for Thirtybees and would like to share it with the community at least for the basic version.

I need your help in order to finish it, while completing this task I'd like that you can report here the good and the bad things about the theme, so i can fix it or improve it and ask for new testing before I put it on github and manage it on that platform, as it's way more easy for me to do it here for start.

And here is the admin back office that can let you use the ThemeMaster module, that will help you to customize your own design, it's very first version and don't hesitate to ask for things to manage from this module : https://cisero.zengraph.com/admin007/

user: demo@demo.com

pass: demodemo

So let's start it, I hope to finish it before january 2022, it also depends on your returns.

PS: I am sure many pages still need to be done, you can list it on your post and I'll update it here and this first message.

===================

Known bugs to be fixed

==================

Really nice!

Just a little thing here, when checking out:

image.thumb.png.e88a7c17088ce2bb618f3090626cc53a.png

looks that some style is missing for payment_module and the 'continue shopping' button?

Anyway, it would be nice less steps in checkout, maybe 3 like https://forum.thirtybees.com/topic/2673-3-page-checkout-sort-of-for-community-default-theme/

Thanks and keep going!

• Like 1

On 11/6/2021 at 11:13 AM, Smile said:

You can see it here for example.

smartphone.JPG.0d90e74dee6f3838d9bf09aeb6aa2d99.JPG

See also Imkershop.nl

OK, I see what you are talking about now.. I will add something with the same idea, but not exactly like that  as this bar consume too much space on the bottom screen of the mobile. I think that the  burger menu icon that is on top will open the side control menu/panel with all infos and actions in it.

• Like 1

I gonna have a look about the 3 step checkout soon.

=> i believe it's working on the demo version already.. it's more comfortable to have addresses and shipping on the same page.

Please confirm that 3 stepas checkout is on and working accordingly to the shop needs.

Edited by zen

9 hours ago, Wartin said:

Hello again.

This is the summary in the checkout, it adds a horizontal scroll.

image.png.a79ae76d94f53c87ae6b9cf68173c17c.png

In Niara I changed that using some... wait a minute, it was your changes at github. Let me search for it...

https://github.com/thirtybees/niara/pull/19

You are right, that is why i added the mod into the theme this morning, and I also modify few things in order to make it works better, also the carrier page has been made more mobile friendly.

Hope you like it 🙂

• Like 1

Here is a screenshot of the Order Step 1 Cart summary

for a Mobile(iphone 12/13) with 390px of width.

Firefox_Screenshot_2021-11-09T11-09-23_764Z.thumb.png.50b2cfdfacdd9a35858eb28fd5f31364.png

And the Order Step 2  Addresses and Shipping selection

Firefox_Screenshot_2021-11-09T11-13-41_714Z.thumb.png.67ea246e897ff72dbccd66c1e1573b3f.png

enjoy 🙂

Edited by zen
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Wartin said:

Great!

Another thing I used in step 2 is hidding both addresses when 'same address' checkbox is checked. If you uncheck the box they unhide and you can update them.

PD: this

OK, I think that showing addresses is needed, I don't really want to hide them, but then I find out that on the STEP 1, it's not necessary to show addresses there.. what do you think about it ?

10 hours ago, zen said:

OK, I think that showing addresses is needed, I don't really want to hide them, but then I find out that on the STEP 1, it's not necessary to show addresses there.. what do you think about it ?

I don't see addresses being shown in step 1:

image.thumb.png.e15a6f169159036a71cdaff48926c3b9.png

What I see it's not very clear is colours from the bar, gray is actual step, black is step finished.
image.thumb.png.0e88cbb0f29589f4bec736f00063f8bc.png

About hidding addresses, what I did (and forgot to tell you) is to write the actual address next to address' name, like "My address: 515 street, state". In that case, client can read where this will be sent and billed.

8 hours ago, Wartin said:

I don't see addresses being shown in step 1:

=> Yes, I took it out, as it's on step 2 as well.

What I see it's not very clear is colours from the bar, gray is actual step, black is step finished.

What colors scheme would you think work best ?