thirty bees forum

Recommended Amazon sync/seller modules

30knees

We'd like to list some of our products on Amazon. Can anyone recommend one of the Amazon sync/seller modules?

@spidawebs I saw here https://forum.thirtybees.com/topic/536/does-anyone-know-if-the-amazon-seller-module-works-with-thirty-bees that you tested one. Are you happy with it?

Yes, the @Common-Services module is the best one. I have been using it on my prestashop store for years. I'm still trying to migrate my main store to thirty bees but so far all the testing I have done shows it works fine with thirty bees. I haven't run it on a live thirty bees store yet, but on my test site it is working fine. I'll report back once it's up and running on a live site, but I can't see any reason why it won't work just like it does in prestashop.

For others reading this thread:

My impression of the @Common-Services one is that it's relatively clunky and not very intuitive: https://addons.prestashop.com/en/marketplaces/2501-amazon-market-place.html

I found two others:

Amazon Connector Module https://addons.prestashop.com/en/marketplaces/24326-amazon-connector.html and the Amazon Sync Marketplace Module https://addons.prestashop.com/en/marketplaces/24815-amazon-sync-marketplace.html

Of the two, the backend demo of the Amazon Connector Module feels the better to me.

• 7 months later...

In the module backend under the tab "tools" the "queue" fills up with stuck SKUs. When that happens, the stock doesn't sync for anything anymore. I have to manually delete the queue then edit each and every stock entry so that it syncs again with Amazon.

I've had lots of exchanges with their support. The support person I was assigned to asks the same questions again and again and forgets they already asked the same question further up in the thread.

@30knees That's strange. I sometimes have things stuck in the queue but it doesn't affect syncing. Are you using the latest version? I agree the support can be frustrating. I often go round and round in circles with the same thing before it finally gets resolved.

Yes, it's quite strange. But my support expired and they weren't able to help while it existed, so I see no sense in extending it.

@datakick I'd love your module. I bet it would work as perfectly as all your other modules do. :-)

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...

@30knees I've read all your comments on amazon sync modules, I have to make a decision on wich to get and would like to know if you have some recomendation / experience to share as this comments are a year old, should I stick with the one in the Thirty Bees Store?

@SeaSkyI've not switched (yet). For now I've learned to live with the bugs. I'd not get it again and would go with something else, but I don't know how the others compare. 

p.s. You have to wait for the name to pop up when you use the @ (and then enter the first letters of the person to ping) so that person actually gets pinged.

13 hours ago, 30knees said:

p.s. You have to wait for the name to pop up when you use the @ (and then enter the first letters of the person to ping) so that person actually gets pinged.

@30knees thanks for the tip!

Thank you for the reply, I though that by now you would have switched, then I guess I am going to get the module from ThirtyBees store (the one from prestalia), test it and post my experience here, so we have diferent options to compare.

• Like 1

• 8 months later...
  • 10 months later...
On 4/5/2018 at 8:55 AM, datakick said:

@vincentdenkspel @30knees not yet. Amazon integration is in backlog, but I still haven't got to it

Do you still have this planned?

I just learned from @Prestaliathat they no longer support thirtybees (and neither PS 1.6), so their module that was here https://store.thirtybees.com/shop-modules/administration/module-amazon-sync is no more.

• Sad 1

6 minutes ago, 30knees said:

Do you still have this planned?

I just learned from @Prestaliathat they no longer support thirtybees (and neither PS 1.6), so their module that was here https://store.thirtybees.com/shop-modules/administration/module-amazon-sync is no more.

No. I originally wanted to implement this functionality into the datakick module, but I dropped the idea. I'm not sure how big of a market is there for such module.

Ah, that's a pity. Most modules aren't that good. I'd have thought there's quite a large market considering how Amazon domininates online shopping. Also, especially now in the EU with Amazon having expanded into a number of new countries that aren't supported by the old versions of the modules for PS 1.6, only the newer ones for PS 1.7.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/8/2021 at 6:02 PM, 30knees said:

Argh! I’m using the @Prestalia one for eBay. I think I will need another option or migrate away. I don’t want to migrate away. 😞

In a month or two I hope to have emagicone's https://www.prestashopmanager.com/order/ working. Anyone is welcome to ask questions when done.
I'm just writing this as a note to myself: if it's on forum that I'll do it, I'd better do it!

They support Prestashop 1.4 and 1.5, so I suppose they will continue to support Prestashop 1.6.1 / Thirtybees although they don't put that in writing. Support for Virtuemart has just ended and they smoothed the process by giving-away licences for free I think; they didn't just pull the plug and stop Virtuemart merchants trading.

My $200 bundle included
- ebay which I want to learn on
- amazon which I hope to do next
- mobile app to scan bar codes at the point of sale and to keep track, which I hope to use as it looks useful

less useful to me, at least
- ugly complex pdf catalogue could be better than nothing (Epson ecotank and premium-inks.com are good for this too; Prestalogik.ch did a module)
- database stock views rather like the free parts of Prestoolsuite, so I haven't explored it. It's meant to help with import and export too.
- Stamps.com integration if you are in the USA and want USPS labels.
- Quickbooks integration if anyone wants to pay for something that can be had for free, and has "sunset" clauses once you have bought it and deliberate incompatibilities to keep you hooked
- stiff, robotic, ugly videos and instructions in lots of languages that look like advertisements but might be useful as instructions too
- a hard sell: download the free trial and get a discount the reduces by so-many dollars a day. I don't need the hassle
- emails to ask if I have taught myself the system yet, which are not answered if I reply and seem to be a sales robot.

Anyway this isn't very useful to anyone till I know it works, but as @30knees said, Amazon dominiates online shopping. Google and Bing only seem to let the top few search results compete with their own stuff and web sites that are a page or two down the charts sell very little.
----------------------------------------------------------------
2021/07/30
Still haven't learned it!

----------------------------------------------------------------
2021/21/09
Still haven't learned it! It can map one or two products, but it can't find must of my products on ebay and the mapping doesn't seem accurate for quantities when I press "synchronise".

Edited by veganline
2021/21/09
  • Like 1