thirty bees forum

New General Data Protection Regulation 2018-05-25

zimmer-media

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If it works only on TB is just fine with me :)

It's too bad that GDPR module and Migrator/updater was not ready a month or 2 ago. As I many of those who bought the 1.6 module would migrate if migration was easy and painless. But that lest one harld depends on how much compatibe/uncompatible modules one uses.

Happy GDPR day to all of you fellow Europeans :)

@SnowyCat I wouldn't worry about 1.7 too much since PS users are already covert(?) with the free official PS module. It would be nice to know though if ASAP means a week or a year :-) This whole thing is a mess. I have been watching the big players in Greece to see what they have done and from the frontend not much has changed. There are basicly two approaches to this 1. The extended cookie page. Big online stores here in Greece have the same cookie popup that goes to the privacey CMS page where it explaned what cookies are, which cookies they are using and for disabling them they say to go to the browser or the google ad account and disable it from there. This is also how prestashop has done it on their addons store 2. Other companies (two big telecom ones) in the "more" link of the cookie popup a window pops up much like https://addons.prestashop.com/en/legal/32019-knowband-gdpr-rights-of-individuals.html has done this. The big task here is to try to be compaint but also not mess up the store with confusing the customer. I guess that is why most do 1. Originally I was going with https://addons.prestashop.com/en/legal/31185-gdpr-compliance-pro.html. But it is too invasive. (Black background and too many options on the popup). For now I am going to edit my cookie page and do 1. and wait what @SnowyCat comes up. Transformer theme is not ready either and if in the next few days a customer request data etc I will see how we will deal with it.

@toplakd I don't realy know how to do that and if it breaks anything. Some laywers I asked said that the law is not clean on many points. The main thing (they said)is to focus on to be transperant on how we use the data and why. What cookies we use and why. To not email ppl that haven't signed up for things, to be able to give them their data or delete it.

The cookies are clearly explained on the link I provided somewhere in thread. It explains what are first-party session cookies, first-party persistent cookies, 3rd-party cookies I you don't have your front cookie to 0, you shuld show consent before the page loads.

Administration/Preferences 3rd field: Lifetime of front office cookies But you have to know that guest will loose their cart everytime they will close the browser.

For registered users enable Re-display cart at login Preferences/Customers 3rd row.

Have now finaly reopened my site to the public, as it was closed yesterday at 23.55pm. I don't have any GDPR modules installed, but could say that I'm more GDPR compliand than 95% stores in our land.

One of the biggest online stores stil throws 13 cookies most of them persistend and they stil claim they respect the GDPR :)

This one sould be the best at the moment (have not tested it yet), but a lot of people told me.... The developer will check if it is compatible with TB and maybe we can get it in the TB-store in a few hours !! :) https://www.presta-addons.com/en/prestashop-modules/31-m4-gdpr-compliance-toolkit.html

So.

Where do we stand now?

-Have you all bought commercialy available modules? -or using Free GDP from Artfree? -or have you implemented own solution through available stuff and editing templates? -or you dont give a .... about GDPR :) ?

@toplakd I'm using the one by Artfree (: My biggest struggle is that "a friend of a client" wants to embed Analytics instead of Matomo and also the Facebook Pixel, but she doesn't seem to think this through. I kinda just look the other way and say "Then it'S up to you"...

I have to say I'm not very pleased with the way Thirty Bees handled this GDPR-Module. Yes, I know GDPR is a mess and I also know your situation as a developer. But your communication in this matter is not the best. I just read a lot of "next week" and "the next days", but looking around...I still don's see any Module.

I love your philosophy and what you've created with TB. I just wish there was more transparency when it comes to the GDPR-Module, because people really rely on it. If there are complications, and you still need some more days, just say so. Give us a fixed date. Even if you still need another 2 months, I wish I had this information, so I know it's better to go with Plan B instead of waiting.

Yeah, I don't have issues with other modules as I have only about 23 installed. No FB, no newsletter, no OPT-in. Nothing. Just basic shop.

I belive that TB could make big step forward in growing % market share if a month before GDPR they had good migrate solution and working GDPR module.

PS sold more than 2500 1.6 modules based on info on their site, x 80€ net price.

I never used any of those options. So I was never collecting more data than I needed :) So i did not bought the PS official module, as it does not do anything that I don't have, except that customer can export his data on his own.

Here two links of my CMS pages on my test TB install. 1. This one is linked from Information block/Footer Also linked from Checkbox by registration and before submit button in contact form. http://thbees.alza-racing.net/info/data-protection

1. This one is linked only from my account. http://thbees.alza-racing.net/info/my-data-protection

@lesley said in New General Data Protection Regulation 2018-05-25:

The official statement is it is being worked on and it is taking longer than expected. I cannot give an ETA because we do not know it.

And that's totally fine. I think the vast majority of website owners are unnecessarily panicking. Try to think of it as a risk-based decision. Do I absolutely need something now or can I wait? What's the likelihood of getting into legal trouble? For most countries and websites I think there's a very low risk.