thirty bees forum

Newsletter alternatives to SendinBlue and MailChimp

30knees

Hi,

Are there any decent alternatives to SendinBlue and MailChimp for newsletters / mass emails? The only requirement we have is:

- Bi-directional sync of newsletter subscriptions between the service and the shop.

We can't send mass emails from our normal email server.

Thanks!

SendinBlue works, but its free plan fast won't be enough - only 300 msg daily.

MailChimp initial speed of importing contacts was not good enough for me, so I can't share any other thoughts about it.

there is also GetResponse with PS1.6 module, but no free plan here. on paper looks ok.

• Thanks 1

• 4 months later...

thirtybees Newsletter modules does only two things - collects subscribers emails and send them voucher code. nothing less, nothing more. if you want full 'newsletter' fuctionality ie. collect, create and send mailing, you need to invest in service as Mailchimp or Sendinblue (free plans exist) or dedicated module which does everything on site, but then you need also reliable e-mail server to send mailing (check your host parameters). There is something like phpList - selfhosted mailing solution, but getting it to work on level as paid services requires some work.

• Like 1

What kind of mail are you sending that needs to be linked to the shop ? Abandonned cart and that kind of features, or is it "just" for promoting to all of your subscribers new products, black friday offers and newsletters... If it's only for the latter I would go and work only on a third party tools. It's a single web shortcut, and you have no compatibility issue to worry about. The biggest issue I can see is to think about updating the database.

I just switched from mailchimp to sendinblue a couple months back because of cost and size of my mailing list. Keep that in mind in whatever you select, if you are email marketing to a significant list, you don't want to send from your mail server or you'll end up getting blacklisted for spam. Make sure it's going in batches through a marketing service company's servers that just impersonate you.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 10/4/2020 at 9:27 PM, Briljander said:

did you set it up with smtp-settings ?

Do you get bounced email-stats back to Newsletter module in Prestashop too?

I set it up with SMTP settings, yes. 

I don't get bounced email statistics to the newsletter, but I can see them in ElasticEmail.

• Thanks 1

On 8/6/2020 at 8:50 AM, x97wehner said:

I just switched from mailchimp to sendinblue a couple months back because of cost and size of my mailing list. Keep that in mind in whatever you select, if you are email marketing to a significant list, you don't want to send from your mail server or you'll end up getting blacklisted for spam. Make sure it's going in batches through a marketing service company's servers that just impersonate you.

Hi I want to ask a question since your are using thirty bees and sendinblue. I have been franticly trying to connect but I get this error in thirty bees. [Your server configuration does not allow to send emails. Please contact you system administrator to allow outgoing connections on port 587 for following IP ranges: 94.143.17.4/32, 94.143.17.6/32 and 185.107.232.0/24.]

I don't know where to start to fix try sendinblue they just give the web hooks I don't understand them either. I try A2 hosting they just give what I should be using for them. NO solutions!!

Thanks, Ron

19 hours ago, RonGin said:

Hi I want to ask a question since your are using thirty bees and sendinblue. I have been franticly trying to connect but I get this error in thirty bees. [Your server configuration does not allow to send emails. Please contact you system administrator to allow outgoing connections on port 587 for following IP ranges: 94.143.17.4/32, 94.143.17.6/32 and 185.107.232.0/24.]

I don't know where to start to fix try sendinblue they just give the web hooks I don't understand them either. I try A2 hosting they just give what I should be using for them. NO solutions!!

Thanks, Ron

Hi Ron,

That error is populating because authorization to replace and send transactional emails is not setup correctly. I actually still have this error showing in my module as well since I only use Sendinblue for marketing emails. I use A2 as well.  I use the native TB emails for transactional messaging. All works just fine for me and all integrations work correctly for marketing emails, despite this message being presented.

Edited by x97wehner

• 4 months later...

I am still with CleverReach since I thought it would be clever to a use a service that hosts in my country. you know these law regulations...

But CleverReach is making me broke. They are much too expensive 😞

I need an alternative and prices as service from ElasticEmail look promising. Though they have their services not in Germany but are located in Canada.

Above the module Newsletter Pro was mentioned. I looked the devs up and their homepage is down I would say. I do not think that it is still developed actively on this module. Do you know any other recommendations for this?

I like to idea to have an email builder that has access to your shop's products (images and urls) so you can build emails fast!

On 2/18/2021 at 2:57 PM, Pedalman said:

Above the module Newsletter Pro was mentioned. I looked the devs up and their homepage is down I would say. I do not think that it is still developed actively on this module. Do you know any other recommendations for this?

I think it's rather that they don't sell via their website but via the PS Marketplace. They're still updating modules etc.