Jump to content

Welcome, Guest!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

datakick

[Free Module]Revws - Product Reviews

Recommended Posts

Hi!

I am trying to modify the css of the module to better fit my theme but it looks like the css is constantly regenerated. Where would I go about changing the button css and the product tab css?

 

I searched and I found some hints but it does not seem to work.

Edited by movieseals

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, movieseals said:

Hi!

I am trying to modify the css of the module to better fit my theme but it looks like the css is constantly regenerated. Where would I go about changing the button css and the product tab css?

I searched and I found some hints but it does not seem to work.

create file /themes/<yourtheme>/modules/revws/views/templates/front/css-extend.tpl and enter your changes there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I did.  My changes appear for a few seconds then they revert back...

Then I found where I could at least change the buttons style in entity-review-list.tpl.  I changed it from primary to default, which has the correct stylings.

But again, the change appears then flashes away a few seconds later to revert to the old style.

Also, no matter what I try, the tab will not match the other tabs of the theme, it is just a weird bland dot with the text reviews.
Normally, tabs in my theme should look like this:
1475758347_ScreenShot2021-02-01at11_14_39AM.thumb.png.127ae37865403b4c1184ba0ad61c2f02.png1510225659_ScreenShot2021-02-01at11_14_49AM.thumb.png.880b74739bbce8729363c4d94a50b887.png

Normally, there should be a third tab with REVIEWS.  But instead, this is what I get:
1266488906_ScreenShot2021-02-01at11_16_57AM.thumb.png.8cca5f143517909652d826684a54e4a5.png

I have tried to copy and apply the stylings, to no avail.  It looks like there is a hook for the video, wondering if I do not need to create a hook for reviews too (from product.tpl):

922201777_ScreenShot2021-02-01at11_31_04AM.thumb.png.99877b85f12554be09754cb5ffc37eb9.png

And I am trying to turn this (BE THE FIRST TO WRITE A REVIEW LINK): 

1277552358_ScreenShot2021-02-01at11_29_40AM.png.20571b2805f7a3e0bb0d260a8507a52c.png961591758_ScreenShot2021-02-01at11_29_49AM.png.88000de533790b3853e84f306601e064.png

 

Into a button and I cannot figure out where to do it for the life of me.  I am not an expert but usually I can navigate those stylings issues.  I really like the module and want to buy the full version but I need to find a way to better integrate it.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, movieseals said:

I did.  My changes appear for a few seconds then they revert back...

Then I found where I could at least change the buttons style in entity-review-list.tpl.  I changed it from primary to default, which has the correct stylings.

But again, the change appears then flashes away a few seconds later to revert to the old style.

Also, no matter what I try, the tab will not match the other tabs of the theme, it is just a weird bland dot with the text reviews.
Normally, tabs in my theme should look like this:
1475758347_ScreenShot2021-02-01at11_14_39AM.thumb.png.127ae37865403b4c1184ba0ad61c2f02.png1510225659_ScreenShot2021-02-01at11_14_49AM.thumb.png.880b74739bbce8729363c4d94a50b887.png

Normally, there should be a third tab with REVIEWS.  But instead, this is what I get:
1266488906_ScreenShot2021-02-01at11_16_57AM.thumb.png.8cca5f143517909652d826684a54e4a5.png

I have tried to copy and apply the stylings, to no avail.  It looks like there is a hook for the video, wondering if I do not need to create a hook for reviews too (from product.tpl):

922201777_ScreenShot2021-02-01at11_31_04AM.thumb.png.99877b85f12554be09754cb5ffc37eb9.png

And I am trying to turn this (BE THE FIRST TO WRITE A REVIEW LINK): 

1277552358_ScreenShot2021-02-01at11_29_40AM.png.20571b2805f7a3e0bb0d260a8507a52c.png961591758_ScreenShot2021-02-01at11_29_49AM.png.88000de533790b3853e84f306601e064.png

 

Into a button and I cannot figure out where to do it for the life of me.  I am not an expert but usually I can navigate those stylings issues.  I really like the module and want to buy the full version but I need to find a way to better integrate it.

 

I'm sure it's theme specific to an extent, but you should be able to adjust your buttons easily with CSS. I've got my review button on the product page modified and working using:

#product .btn-primary {
    color: #fff !important;
    background-color: #006080;
    border: 1px solid #006080 !important;
}

I don't have the "Be the first...." done as a button however as it would involve more adjustments to code for when you have a review, and then multiple reviews and the context changes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, x97wehner said:

#product .btn-primary {
    color: #fff !important;
    background-color: #006080;
    border: 1px solid #006080 !important;
}

OK.  Managed to partially fix my button, not the rest, but there is hope.  Thank you!

Edited by movieseals
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/29/2018 at 12:52 PM, datakick said:

Another version is out

List widget redesign

In this version I've redesigned review list widget, so it can be used anywhere in your store. This is an important step towards another interesting features, such as review carousel or custom review lists

New displayRevwsReviewList hook

You can now use hook named displayRevwsReviewList anywhere in your smarty templates. This hook will render review list. By default, all reviews are displayed. You can customize it using following hook parameters:

  • displayReply - display shop replies or not. Allowed values: true | false. Default true
  • displayCriteria - controls how to display criteria breakdown. Allowed values: inline | side | false. Default value is the one set up in your settings
  • reviewStyle - controls review style. Allowed values: item | item-with-product. Default value item
  • order - how to order reviews in list. Allowed values: date | usefulness | author | product | title | content | grade | id. Default is date
  • orderDir - order in descending or ascending - Allowed values: desc | asc. Default value desc
  • pageSize - how many reviews should be displayed on one page. Default 5 reviews
  • allowPaging - controls if paging is allowed or not. Default value true
  • product - display reviews for specific product only
  • customer - display reviews submitted by specific customer
  • guest - display reviews submitted by specific anonymous visitor
  • category - display reviews for products from with specific category
  • categoryTree - display reviews for products from with specific category and all its subcategories
  • manufacturer - display reviews for products from specific manufacturer

Example usage: to display 3 newest reviews on your homepage, simply enter this somewhere into your index.tpl file in your theme. You can see the result on my demo account - I've incorporated two review lists to my homepage. One displaying recent reviews, and another featuring best reviews.

 


{hook h='displayRevwsReviewList' allowPaging=false order='date' pageSize=3}

 

 

Is there a way of combining this with the thirtybees html blocks so I can put reviews anywhere on the site?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@datakick: Just noticed this error while 'inspecting' the page 

DevTools failed to load SourceMap: Could not load content for https://u-bolts-r-us.co.uk/modules/revws/views/js/front-2_2_2.js.map: HTTP error: status code 404, net::ERR_HTTP_RESPONSE_CODE_FAILURE

I have checked the folder and that file does not exist

I am using bleeding edge TB, and paid REVWS module 2.2.2

Anything to be concerned about?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, haylau said:

Anything to be concerned about?

Nope, everything's all right

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi ... I've seem to have lost my 5 stars on the email, any way to get this back

Also why does it send you to authentication page every time you click on the link in the email, very frustrating as guests can't leave reviews, even though it is ticked they can 

 

Capture1.PNG

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, AndyC said:

Hi ... I've seem to have lost my 5 stars on the email, any way to get this back

If you have modified the email template, then re-download the module and copy email template from there.

7 hours ago, AndyC said:

Also why does it send you to authentication page every time you click on the link in the email, very frustrating as guests can't leave reviews, even though it is ticked they can 

I'll look into this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, AndyC said:

Also why does it send you to authentication page every time you click on the link in the email, very frustrating as guests can't leave reviews, even though it is ticked they can 

There is a bug in the module. It will be fixed in the next version. Meanwhile, edit file

/controllers/front/EmailAction.php and modify method reviewProduct to look like this:

    private function reviewProduct(RevwsEmail $email)
    {
        $email->markClicked();
        $productId = (int)$this->getValueOrThrow('product-id');
        $this->autoLogin($email->getCustomer());

        if ($this->context->customer->isGuest()) {
            if ($this->module->getSettings()->allowGuestReviews()) {
                $this->openProductUrl($productId, true);
            } else {
                $this->openMyReviewsUrl($productId);
            }
        } else {
            $this->openMyReviewsUrl($productId);
        }
    }

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi ...Have done so, but is still going to authentication for me

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, AndyC said:

Hi ...Have done so, but is still going to authentication for me

Are you testing this with 'Guest' or 'Customer' account?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi ..Have logged out of my account and acting as guest, clicking on customers email review I get that is sent to my email . I sent 1 though early for testing and it goes to authentication after I had done the alteration you advised

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, AndyC said:

Hi ..Have logged out of my account and acting as guest, clicking on customers email review I get that is sent to my email . I sent 1 though early for testing and it goes to authentication after I had done the alteration you advised

That's just not possible 😉 

The code specifically tests if the customer is quest, and if it is then it redirects to product page (if guest reviews are allowed).

You either did not edit it correctly, or your server caches old php content.  

Another explanation is that isGuest() method returns false for guests (maybe some override), but that would be bizarre 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...