thirty bees forum

[Free Module]Revws - Product Reviews

datakick

Hi!

I am trying to modify the css of the module to better fit my theme but it looks like the css is constantly regenerated. Where would I go about changing the button css and the product tab css?

I searched and I found some hints but it does not seem to work.

Edited by movieseals

1 hour ago, movieseals said:

Hi!

I am trying to modify the css of the module to better fit my theme but it looks like the css is constantly regenerated. Where would I go about changing the button css and the product tab css?

I searched and I found some hints but it does not seem to work.

create file /themes/<yourtheme>/modules/revws/views/templates/front/css-extend.tpl and enter your changes there.

I did.  My changes appear for a few seconds then they revert back...

Then I found where I could at least change the buttons style in entity-review-list.tpl.  I changed it from primary to default, which has the correct stylings.

But again, the change appears then flashes away a few seconds later to revert to the old style.

Also, no matter what I try, the tab will not match the other tabs of the theme, it is just a weird bland dot with the text reviews.
Normally, tabs in my theme should look like this:
1475758347_ScreenShot2021-02-01at11_14_39AM.thumb.png.127ae37865403b4c1184ba0ad61c2f02.png1510225659_ScreenShot2021-02-01at11_14_49AM.thumb.png.880b74739bbce8729363c4d94a50b887.png

Normally, there should be a third tab with REVIEWS.  But instead, this is what I get:
1266488906_ScreenShot2021-02-01at11_16_57AM.thumb.png.8cca5f143517909652d826684a54e4a5.png

I have tried to copy and apply the stylings, to no avail.  It looks like there is a hook for the video, wondering if I do not need to create a hook for reviews too (from product.tpl):

922201777_ScreenShot2021-02-01at11_31_04AM.thumb.png.99877b85f12554be09754cb5ffc37eb9.png

And I am trying to turn this (BE THE FIRST TO WRITE A REVIEW LINK): 

1277552358_ScreenShot2021-02-01at11_29_40AM.png.20571b2805f7a3e0bb0d260a8507a52c.png961591758_ScreenShot2021-02-01at11_29_49AM.png.88000de533790b3853e84f306601e064.png

Into a button and I cannot figure out where to do it for the life of me.  I am not an expert but usually I can navigate those stylings issues.  I really like the module and want to buy the full version but I need to find a way to better integrate it.

5 minutes ago, movieseals said:

I did.  My changes appear for a few seconds then they revert back...

Then I found where I could at least change the buttons style in entity-review-list.tpl.  I changed it from primary to default, which has the correct stylings.

But again, the change appears then flashes away a few seconds later to revert to the old style.

Also, no matter what I try, the tab will not match the other tabs of the theme, it is just a weird bland dot with the text reviews.
Normally, tabs in my theme should look like this:
1475758347_ScreenShot2021-02-01at11_14_39AM.thumb.png.127ae37865403b4c1184ba0ad61c2f02.png1510225659_ScreenShot2021-02-01at11_14_49AM.thumb.png.880b74739bbce8729363c4d94a50b887.png

Normally, there should be a third tab with REVIEWS.  But instead, this is what I get:
1266488906_ScreenShot2021-02-01at11_16_57AM.thumb.png.8cca5f143517909652d826684a54e4a5.png

I have tried to copy and apply the stylings, to no avail.  It looks like there is a hook for the video, wondering if I do not need to create a hook for reviews too (from product.tpl):

922201777_ScreenShot2021-02-01at11_31_04AM.thumb.png.99877b85f12554be09754cb5ffc37eb9.png

And I am trying to turn this (BE THE FIRST TO WRITE A REVIEW LINK): 

1277552358_ScreenShot2021-02-01at11_29_40AM.png.20571b2805f7a3e0bb0d260a8507a52c.png961591758_ScreenShot2021-02-01at11_29_49AM.png.88000de533790b3853e84f306601e064.png

Into a button and I cannot figure out where to do it for the life of me.  I am not an expert but usually I can navigate those stylings issues.  I really like the module and want to buy the full version but I need to find a way to better integrate it.

I'm sure it's theme specific to an extent, but you should be able to adjust your buttons easily with CSS. I've got my review button on the product page modified and working using:

#product .btn-primary {
    color: #fff !important;
    background-color: #006080;
    border: 1px solid #006080 !important;
}

I don't have the "Be the first...." done as a button however as it would involve more adjustments to code for when you have a review, and then multiple reviews and the context changes.

26 minutes ago, x97wehner said:

#product .btn-primary {
    color: #fff !important;
    background-color: #006080;
    border: 1px solid #006080 !important;
}

OK.  Managed to partially fix my button, not the rest, but there is hope.  Thank you!

Edited by movieseals
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/29/2018 at 12:52 PM, datakick said:

Another version is out

List widget redesign

In this version I've redesigned review list widget, so it can be used anywhere in your store. This is an important step towards another interesting features, such as review carousel or custom review lists

New displayRevwsReviewList hook

You can now use hook named displayRevwsReviewList anywhere in your smarty templates. This hook will render review list. By default, all reviews are displayed. You can customize it using following hook parameters:

• displayReply - display shop replies or not. Allowed values: true | false. Default true
  • displayCriteria - controls how to display criteria breakdown. Allowed values: inline | side | false. Default value is the one set up in your settings
  • reviewStyle - controls review style. Allowed values: item | item-with-product. Default value item
  • order - how to order reviews in list. Allowed values: date | usefulness | author | product | title | content | grade | id. Default is date
  • orderDir - order in descending or ascending - Allowed values: desc | asc. Default value desc
  • pageSize - how many reviews should be displayed on one page. Default 5 reviews
  • allowPaging - controls if paging is allowed or not. Default value true
  • product - display reviews for specific product only
  • customer - display reviews submitted by specific customer
  • guest - display reviews submitted by specific anonymous visitor
  • category - display reviews for products from with specific category
  • categoryTree - display reviews for products from with specific category and all its subcategories
  • manufacturer - display reviews for products from specific manufacturer

Example usage: to display 3 newest reviews on your homepage, simply enter this somewhere into your index.tpl file in your theme. You can see the result on my demo account - I've incorporated two review lists to my homepage. One displaying recent reviews, and another featuring best reviews.

{hook h='displayRevwsReviewList' allowPaging=false order='date' pageSize=3}

Is there a way of combining this with the thirtybees html blocks so I can put reviews anywhere on the site?

• 2 weeks later...

@datakick: Just noticed this error while 'inspecting' the page 

DevTools failed to load SourceMap: Could not load content for https://u-bolts-r-us.co.uk/modules/revws/views/js/front-2_2_2.js.map: HTTP error: status code 404, net::ERR_HTTP_RESPONSE_CODE_FAILURE

I have checked the folder and that file does not exist

I am using bleeding edge TB, and paid REVWS module 2.2.2

Anything to be concerned about?

Hi ... I've seem to have lost my 5 stars on the email, any way to get this back

Also why does it send you to authentication page every time you click on the link in the email, very frustrating as guests can't leave reviews, even though it is ticked they can 

Capture1.PNG

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, AndyC said:

Hi ... I've seem to have lost my 5 stars on the email, any way to get this back

If you have modified the email template, then re-download the module and copy email template from there.

7 hours ago, AndyC said:

Also why does it send you to authentication page every time you click on the link in the email, very frustrating as guests can't leave reviews, even though it is ticked they can 

I'll look into this

7 hours ago, AndyC said:

There is a bug in the module. It will be fixed in the next version. Meanwhile, edit file

/controllers/front/EmailAction.php and modify method reviewProduct to look like this:

private function reviewProduct(RevwsEmail $email)
    {
        $email->markClicked();
        $productId = (int)$this->getValueOrThrow('product-id');
        $this->autoLogin($email->getCustomer());

if ($this->context->customer->isGuest()) {
            if ($this->module->getSettings()->allowGuestReviews()) {
                $this->openProductUrl($productId, true);
            } else {
                $this->openMyReviewsUrl($productId);
            }
        } else {
            $this->openMyReviewsUrl($productId);
        }
    }

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, AndyC said:

Hi ..Have logged out of my account and acting as guest, clicking on customers email review I get that is sent to my email . I sent 1 though early for testing and it goes to authentication after I had done the alteration you advised

That's just not possible 😉 

The code specifically tests if the customer is quest, and if it is then it redirects to product page (if guest reviews are allowed).

You either did not edit it correctly, or your server caches old php content.  

Another explanation is that isGuest() method returns false for guests (maybe some override), but that would be bizarre 

• 5 months later...

Hi ,Been meaning to ask for a while now.Is there a way to delete images that are no longer available... I see there is a Image file under Revw, but there are no incorrect images , only the ones that are already showing correctly Capture.JPG.930e0525d2eeb8ae5c159a3ac95f5855.JPG

On 7/30/2021 at 8:13 PM, AndyC said:

Hi ,Been meaning to ask for a while now.Is there a way to delete images that are no longer available... I see there is a Image file under Revw, but there are no incorrect images , only the ones that are already showing correctly Capture.JPG.930e0525d2eeb8ae5c159a3ac95f5855.JPG

Hi Andy, 

I don't understand the question. Could you please explain a bit more?

16 minutes ago, AndyC said:

Hi. Here is the review left by someone..

Is there a way to remove/ hide the 2 blank images..As you can see the images are missing.. It' not a issue really ,just looks untidy

I see.

Unfortunately no, it's not possible from within the module itself.

You can delete it directly in db, using query like this:

delete from tb_revws_review_image where id_review = 12345;

Just replace id_review with correct value

• 2 months later...

Database collation issue:

Heads up guys.

New version of mysql/mariadb database are more strict regarding table collations. Error can be thrown when two tables with different charset/collations are used in one query. Unfortunately, this happens for revws automation (premium version)

If your automation list is empty now, you are affected. The fix will be released in new version of the revws module. Until then, you can fix it yourself. Execute following sql commands:

ALTER TABLE `PREFIX_revws_email` CONVERT TO CHARACTER SET utf8mb4 COLLATE utf8mb4_unicode_ci;
ALTER TABLE `PREFIX_revws_subscription` CONVERT TO CHARACTER SET utf8mb4 COLLATE utf8mb4_unicode_ci;

Just replace PREFIX with the correct prefix you are using (tb, ps, ...)

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
14 hours ago, AndyC said:

Hi

Have just noticed I am missing all the stars from old order reviews. No idea how long it's been like this , just tried loading from github ,but no change

You have probably deleted review criterion that these old reviews used.