thirty bees forum

[Free Module]Revws - Product Reviews

datakick

1 hour ago, AndyC said:

what would I need to do to get them back again if I can get a hold of an old backup

What kind of backup?

Anyway, it would be quite hard to recover / merge with your current reviews. You would need to do some surgical sql queries

8 hours ago, AndyC said:

Thanks am going to have to just redo them all.. IS there a way to stop emails going out.. My main concern though is stars, I know a few but not all that were not 5

You can disable sending emails globally in Advanced Parameters > Emails.

Alternatively, you can install my Consequences module, and set up rule that would block sending specific email only

• 1 month later...
5 hours ago, AndyC said:

Hi

Me again... i was wondering if there was a way to send a 2nd request email if no review was left.... I seem to be struggling to get people to leave a review for some reason

I wouldn't do that... Most customer are kind of "ok" with the first email, but there is surely no love for it. A second one would make a lot of them angry.

You need to find other ways to raise conversion rate of reviews. Give them reasons, why they should write a review.

• Thanks 2

6 hours ago, nickz said:

Or get rid of it.

I find most sites claiming that reviews are super essential to raise ROI are borderline truth. Those sites read like paid articles.

I think reviews are vital - especially for smaller sellers. But not for the reason others might think. I believe their main use is to simply show that the website is still operating. There are many, many redundant sites out there. How do you know that a website is still functioning successfully before you spend you money? Reviews. Looks at the reviews to see if they are still recent. 

Having said that, I don't think follow ups are a good idea

OK.. Was only wondering as a few of the big names send out 4 or 5 emails pestering you for a review. Also yes I see the irony in my sentence lol.. Sooooo on that note I'll leave things as they are

• Like 1

15 hours ago, haylau said:

Having said that, I don't think follow ups are a good idea

one follow up won't hurt, severall might.

Interesting theory with your live site review aspect. Most visitors don't overthink. Less so in the last 10 years. But you are right for some its a proof of living. Your argument also fits into the Google strategy: google fonts, google image formats, google analytics/webmaster.

All searchengines would like to throw out dead sites its saves a lot of space.

• 5 months later...

Hello,
I have product reviews v1.2.0. on prestashop 1.6.1.18, it works very well on the product page, no problem, but I would like the reviews to be grouped together on a cms page that I would display in the top menu, but not on the home page.
Is it possible, and how should I do it? 

Many thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Is this module php 8 ready? At the moment I got some php warnings like:

Return type of Revws\ReviewList::jsonSerialize() should either be compatible with JsonSerializable::jsonSerialize(): mixed, or the #[\ReturnTypeWillChange] attribute should be used to temporarily suppress the notice in /modules/revws/classes/review-list.php on line 44PHP message: PHP Deprecated: Return type of Revws\FrontApp::jsonSerialize() should either be compatible with JsonSerializable::jsonSerialize(): mixed, or the #[\ReturnTypeWillChange] attribute should be used to temporarily suppress the notice in /modules/revws/classes/front-app.php on line 186" while reading response header from upstream	

1 hour ago, wakabayashi said:

Is this module php 8 ready? At the moment I got some php warnings like:

Return type of Revws\ReviewList::jsonSerialize() should either be compatible with JsonSerializable::jsonSerialize(): mixed, or the #[\ReturnTypeWillChange] attribute should be used to temporarily suppress the notice in /modules/revws/classes/review-list.php on line 44PHP message: PHP Deprecated: Return type of Revws\FrontApp::jsonSerialize() should either be compatible with JsonSerializable::jsonSerialize(): mixed, or the #[\ReturnTypeWillChange] attribute should be used to temporarily suppress the notice in /modules/revws/classes/front-app.php on line 186" while reading response header from upstream	

It's a deprecation warning, just an annoyance. Revws works fine on php8. It will not work on php9 without changes. Fix will be released before that

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
30 minutes ago, 30knees said:

Is there a way to import my reviews from an existing Revws installation to a new Revws installation?

Hi,

xml backup file generated by module can be imported using datakick export/import module, as it supports reviews data. 

Alternatively, you can open this xml data in excel, and transform it to csv format.

Or dump tb_revws* database table and import them using phpmysql tool.

Note that in all scenarios you will have to make sure your product ids and author ids matches in both systems, or map them manually.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/2/2023 at 2:11 PM, datakick said:

Hi,

xml backup file generated by module can be imported using datakick export/import module, as it supports reviews data. 

Alternatively, you can open this xml data in excel, and transform it to csv format.

Or dump tb_revws* database table and import them using phpmysql tool.

Note that in all scenarios you will have to make sure your product ids and author ids matches in both systems, or map them manually.

I am doing the mapping now for the import via datakick. 

I'm getting two errors for ID language and ID entity. They complain that there's a string/number mismatch. But I don't see a number for the respective fields in the XML. Is this a bug in datakick or am I misunderstanding something/ doing something wrong?

XML structure

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<revws version="1.0">
  <criteria>
    <criterion id="1" active="true" global="true" label="Quality"/>
    <criterion id="2" active="true" global="true" label="Satisfaction"/>
  </criteria>
  <reviews>
    <review id="1" language="de" approved="true" deleted="false" created="2023-01-11T17:36:54+01:00">
      <product id="120" name=""/>
      <author id="52" type="guest" name="Test Name" email="test@test.com" verified="false"/>
      <title>Test title</title>
      <display-name>Test Name</display-name>
      <content><![CDATA[Test details]]></content>
      <reply/>
      <ratings>
        <rating criterion="1" value="5"/>
      </ratings>
    </review>
  </reviews>
</revws>

Error

Type mismatch. We can't save string inside number field. Please add or modify previous transformations to convert input value to correct data type.
Field name:ID language
Field data type:number — primary key of language record type
Record type:Language

On 1/11/2023 at 5:44 PM, 30knees said:

I am doing the mapping now for the import via datakick. 

I'm getting two errors for ID language and ID entity. They complain that there's a string/number mismatch. But I don't see a number for the respective fields in the XML. Is this a bug in datakick or am I misunderstanding something/ doing something wrong?

XML structure

Error

In xml, the language attribute contains iso code. When you import data to your thirtybees, you have to map these iso codes to language internal IDs. On every installation these ids can be different, depending on order in which you have installed the languages. That's one of the reasons why revws did not put language id into the xml file in the first place.

When mapping 'Revws ID Language' field to xml file:

1) click on Advanced mapping

image.png.a2d9af22b72f4833b2a559cb43a2d24a.png

2) Then select attribute "language" from <Reviews> node:

image.png.2f98e763a35850cc74506abd792d779e.png

3) Then click on 'Add new transformation', and select 'Find record' -- this will allow you to search for language using iso code stored inside xml attribute

image.png.4b62123e28d2932a3a25dd7af33955af.png

4) select Languages and ISO code

image.png.78a179d354fb1569892e9c6466c57303.png

And that's it. During import, datakick will take value 'de' from xml file , use it to find Language by iso code, and store language primary ID inside revws Language ID field.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

A customer left a review but failed to provide any stars at all. 

Backend overview

image.png.ed51ec09caf554b52c26a8d99946a84c.png

The review shows in the frontend as not having any stars.

Frontend view

image.png.cde13f061c660bc612a4509eb11a33c2.png

She actually wanted to provide 5 stars. (People accidentally giving one star instead of five happens relatively often.)

So I went to edit the review and give the rating five stars. Unlike normally, though, I can't do that. There are no stars (not even empty ones) to edit.

Edit review view

image.thumb.png.d9ddfeb71f1ca380df53c740ed044fa0.png

How could she have given a rating without any stars? I just tried to do so and I am forced to select one star before I'm able to save the review. I can't submit a review without any stars.

• 7 months later...
1 hour ago, the.rampage.rado said:

If I purchase the paid version and install it will I keep my reviews from the free version?

Yes, paid version is an extension of free one. 

Do NOT uninstall the free version. Just upload the premium version over it. 

1 hour ago, the.rampage.rado said:

And one quick bug report - page revws - AllReviews displays reviews even for disabled products.

Thanks for the report

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

@datakickWhen I create an order manually in the admin backend, customers automatically get a review email from Revws. Is this intended or a bug? To me, it feels like a bug because in the settings I have consent required.

Either way, is there a way to prevent this automatic addition to Revws?