thirty bees forum

[Free Module]Revws - Product Reviews

datakick

If you want the rating to appear below the product title, just edit the product.tpl file.

Find this line #239:  <h1 itemprop="name">{$product->name|escape:'html':'UTF-8'}</h1>

Then add this hook after:

{hook h='displayRevwsAverageRating' mod='revws'}

Hi,

I don't see if this issue has been reported before but has anyone noticed the text on the bottom of the emails (footer) that customers receive when asked to submit a review? Part of the text says this: "Revws - your datakick review module". The word 'datakick' is clickable and when clicked, the link takes customers to the getdatakick.com website and I'm not sure why it needs to be there??? Is it a legal requirement, considering the module is free or can it be easily removed without any issues?

17 minutes ago, Mike1 said:

Hi,

I don't see if this issue has been reported before but has anyone noticed the text on the bottom of the emails (footer) that customers receive when asked to submit a review? Part of the text says this: "Revws - your datakick review module". The word 'datakick' is clickable and when clicked, the link takes customers to the getdatakick.com website and I'm not sure why it needs to be there??? Is it a legal requirement, considering the module is free or can it be easily removed without any issues?

Feel free to modify the email template to whatever you need. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, wakabayashi said:

Has anyone also the Smiley Problem? A lot of our customer use smileys on their review and the module seems to output it as "?"...

@datakick is there any easy solution for this?

Ou, revws tables use utf8 charset, that's not suitable for storing emoji. I might fix this in the future. Meanwhile, you can modify the tables 

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/39463134/how-to-store-emoji-character-in-mysql-database

Hi

I'm on my 2nd website and was trying to uninstall the recent reviews but getting this error message

I tried clearing cache

Call to undefined method RevwsRecent::clearCache()
in file modules/revwsrecent/revwsrecent.php at line 48
Source file: modules/revwsrecent/revwsrecent.php

29:        $this->bootstrap = true;
30:        parent::__construct();
31:
32:        $this->displayName = $this->l('Recent reviews');
33:        $this->description = $this->l('Displays recent revws reviews on your homepage.');
34:    	$this->ps_versions_compliancy = array('min' => '1.6', 'max' => _PS_VERSION_);
35:        $this->tb_versions_compliancy = '> 1.0.0';
36:    }
37:
38:    public function install() {
39:        if (!parent::install()) {
40:            return false;
41:        }
42:        $this->registerHook('displayHomeTab');
43:        $this->registerHook('displayHomeTabContent');
44:        return true;
45:    }
46:
47:    public function uninstall() {
48:        $this->clearCache();
49:        return parent::uninstall();
50:    }
51:
52:    public function hookDisplayHomeTab() {
53:        return $this->display(__FILE__, 'tab.tpl');
54:    }
55:
56:    public function hookDisplayHomeTabContent() {
57:        return $this->display(__FILE__, 'content.tpl');
58:    }

11 hours ago, AndyC said:

Hi

I'm on my 2nd website and was trying to uninstall the recent reviews but getting this error message

Thanks for reporting this issue. This is my fault - I've copied / pasted the uninstall method from my other module, and it does not work in this one.

Anyway, the fix is very simple -- delete the uninstall method completely (lines 47-50). And then try to uninstall again.

Hi

Thank you .. I got caught out by a simple } lol.. I just deleted lines 47 - 50 Think the } was on line 45 which caused a 500 page .. But once I looked again I saw the double

} 

}

Once I deleted 1 it worked fine after

• Like 1

I've also noticed the reviews doesn't work in tabs anymore when viewing any product. It just adds a review button on the bottom.

Could someone using toplakd modded theme confirm this please , in case it is just me

15 minutes ago, AndyC said:

I've also noticed the reviews doesn't work in tabs anymore when viewing any product. It just adds a review button on the bottom.

Could someone using toplakd modded theme confirm this please , in case it is just me

That's theme responsibility. Some themes render tabs as a normal sections with headers

• Like 1

14 hours ago, AndyC said:

I've also noticed the reviews doesn't work in tabs anymore when viewing any product.

Can you explain little more. Or show some pics.

As I just installed it, and I see it exactly same on Niara / Community default and modded one

My suggestion is, that you try to use the product.tpl from old version of community-theme-default.

As only thing modded in product.tpl (from bleeding edge community-default) was on line 692 rows="3" to rows="1" and that is not affecting your tab view.

• 1 month later...

Going though my logs I found this error ,anything to worry about

*ERROR* 	2020/06/25 - 20:44:56: RecursiveDirectoryIterator::__construct(/home/myusername/domains/website.co.uk/public_html/cache/smarty/cache/revws/1/17/863/24/25): failed to open dir: No such file or directory at line 67 in file vendor/smarty/smarty/libs/sysplugins/smarty_internal_runtime_cacheresourcefile.php

9 hours ago, AndyC said:

Going though my logs I found this error ,anything to worry about

*ERROR* 	2020/06/25 - 20:44:56: RecursiveDirectoryIterator::__construct(/home/myusername/domains/website.co.uk/public_html/cache/smarty/cache/revws/1/17/863/24/25): failed to open dir: No such file or directory at line 67 in file vendor/smarty/smarty/libs/sysplugins/smarty_internal_runtime_cacheresourcefile.php

This has nothing to do with the module. Looks like you have some permission issues with your smarty cache directories. To fix this, delete content of /cache/smarty/cache and /cache/smarty/compile directories

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry another weird issue

It's the 3rd 1 I have seen where revws URL brings up  Error Permission denied page, does thsi link make any sense

https://www.mywebsite.co.uk/module/revws/EmailAction?id=43&action=efivfj&product-id=142&rating=3&secret=92748d03aafbbdce2e738aa6e99b9c3a

I've just made a test purchase and all went as it should with being signed into my account and not signed in

16 minutes ago, AndyC said:

Sorry another weird issue

It's the 3rd 1 I have seen where revws URL brings up  Error Permission denied page, does thsi link make any sense

https://www.mywebsite.co.uk/module/revws/EmailAction?id=43&action=efivfj&product-id=142&rating=3&secret=92748d03aafbbdce2e738aa6e99b9c3a

I've just made a test purchase and all went as it should with being signed into my account and not signed in

action=efivfj in the url is definitely not correct.

8 minutes ago, AndyC said:

I thought it may be un-subscribe , but I see it says unsubscribe&secret in the link so it isn't that. Any ideas as to how this could happen

I'm sorry, I don't really understand. How what could happen? Does email sent from your store contains link with action=efivfj  instead of action=review? If that's the case, then there needs to be some module / override / modification that modifies this during mail send.