thirty bees forum

[Free Module]Revws - Product Reviews

datakick

Sorry if posted in wrong place but it is also revws related ....Slight change in topic the revws recent tab module. Is it at all possible to add a small image as well ,other than that it's a nice feature.Worked great on my default site but tab has dropped on the other so sits underneath popular tab 

Hi

.. I need to ask a quick question please

I installed the Revws module and bought it after testing.. What I want to know is should they show the star rating under google search.. I am so positive I search something once which happened to have a 5 star rating and it showed up.

I happened to do another 5 star today and there were no stars any-more.. Was I wrong , as now am maybe thinking it must not have been my rating after all 

thanks

10 hours ago, AndyC said:

Hi

.. I need to ask a quick question please

I installed the Revws module and bought it after testing.. What I want to know is should they show the star rating under google search.. I am so positive I search something once which happened to have a 5 star rating and it showed up.

I happened to do another 5 star today and there were no stars any-more.. Was I wrong , as now am maybe thinking it must not have been my rating after all 

thanks

If you use template that correctly implements product metadata (almost all of them do), then review stars will be eventually displayed on google.

Note that it takes some time for google to crawl your site and index new content. It can even take few weeks, or months. Even if you submit sitemap file highlighting recent changes on your site, it's ultimately google's decision how often they visit your site... they have a big queue 🙂

For example, if you google "datakick site:store.getdatakick.com" then you'll see

image.png.fd506de57eefe7254ade0c9769dd7db8.png

Which says this module has 5 reviews. In fact, this module has 9 reviews right now. So, google hasn't indexed this page since 2019-08-05 (date when the 6th review was added).

So, my advice is to be patient

6 hours ago, AndyC said:

Quick question plz ...

Under automation tab a customer has this message under sending status

We don't have permission to contact this customer

Does that mean they have not tick the consent box to send emails

Correct. Customer either didn't give you permission, or unsubscribed later. 

Just a word to the wise on this module. If you are updating it to the latest version and have customized the emails at all, make sure you download a copy elsewhere as the update will overwrite them. Ran into this the other day and luckily had the emails stored elsewhere so I could just upload them back in.

Also, this module works perfectly and I highly recommend.

7 minutes ago, x97wehner said:

Just a word to the wise on this module. If you are updating it to the latest version and have customized the emails at all, make sure you download a copy elsewhere as the update will overwrite them. Ran into this the other day and luckily had the emails stored elsewhere so I could just upload them back in.

Also, this module works perfectly and I highly recommend.

Never ever modify email templates inside module directory. The proper way is to copy them to your theme mails directory, and modify these copies.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Briljander said:

So a copy in the theme/mails directoey will always override the ones in module directory?

So...there are many mail folders. one in the root (so /mails), these are tb's 'core' mail files, those are overridden by your theme in like, /themes/yourtheme/mails.  Also a module may have a mail folder, like /modules/mymodule/mails, which would then be overridden by /themes/yourtheme/modules/mymodule/mails

Edited by SLiCK_303

I have a question about the automated review emails. They are not sent and I can not find anything strange with my config.

- I have version 2.1.0 installed.

- Consent is set to Not Required

Automation settings are:

Order created after : 31/07/2019

Max order Age: 7

Min order days: 1

Delivery days: 1

Customer groups: Visitor, Guest, Customer

Order Statuses: Delivered checked

Since I was not receiving any reviews I made a test order on the 21/9 and set it to delivered but I have not received any email about reviewing the product nor any other reviews since I installed the module (with few sales but my test order should have received the mailby now). All other mails from the shop arrive fine.

Is it possible that I am missing something, there is no need to setup a Cron right? The module config looks ok to me but no mails seems to be sent.

18 minutes ago, hubbobubbo said:

I have a question about the automated review emails. They are not sent and I can not find anything strange with my config.

- I have version 2.1.0 installed.

- Consent is set to Not Required

Automation settings are:

Order created after : 31/07/2019

Max order Age: 7

Min order days: 1

Delivery days: 1

Customer groups: Visitor, Guest, Customer

Order Statuses: Delivered checked

Since I was not receiving any reviews I made a test order on the 21/9 and set it to delivered but I have not received any email about reviewing the product nor any other reviews since I installed the module (with few sales but my test order should have received the mailby now). All other mails from the shop arrive fine.

Is it possible that I am missing something, there is no need to setup a Cron right? The module config looks ok to me but no mails seems to be sent.

Take your delivery days to null. I did this the first time as well and had the same issue. Also, may need shipped checked in order status if using a 3rd party integration. Oh, and you'll want the cron setup as well to send things on the timer as I'm expecting you do.

Edited by x97wehner

• 3 weeks later...

@datakick,  I have a question.. In the old version (1.0.12) there was a /views/templates/hook/product_extra.tpl, which I could override.  I don't see that file any longer, is there any way for me to change the look there anymore?  The first image is my override on 1.0.12, the 2nd stock 1.2.0.

rev.PNG

rev3.PNG

Edited by SLiCK_303