thirty bees forum

[Free Module] Send Review Request

SLiCK_303

That's true, models with namespaces won't work on ps16. In this case it's not important, as Send Review Request module does not use namespaces.

@nickon - just edit file sendreviewrequest.php, and remove highlighted lines

if (!defined('_TB_VERSION_')) { exit; }

And it will work. This trick will not work on krona module, though, as it uses namespaces

@datakick Thanks for the tip to make it work on PS. My consern is that sendreview should be GPDR compatable and @SLiCK_303 said this will probably not happen although it maybe simple to add as other modules eg mailalerts uses something like this

public function hookActionDeleteGDPRCustomer($customer) { if (!empty($customer['email']) && Validate::isEmail($customer['email'])) { $sql = "DELETE FROM "._DB_PREFIX_."mailalert_customer_oos WHERE customer_email = '".pSQL($customer['email'])."'"; if (Db::getInstance()->execute($sql)) { return json_encode(true); } return json_encode($this->l('Mail alert: Unable to delete customer using email.')); } } public function hookActionExportGDPRData($customer) { if (!Tools::isEmpty($customer['email']) && Validate::isEmail($customer['email'])) { $sql = "SELECT * FROM "._DB_PREFIX_."mailalert_customer_oos WHERE customer_email = '".pSQL($customer['email'])."'"; if ($res = Db::getInstance()->ExecuteS($sql)) { return json_encode($res); } return json_encode($this->l('Mail alert: Unable to export customer using email.')); } }

Maybe the above code just needs adapting. Maybe the whole module needs to be rewriten. With the whole GPDR mess it will be needed for TB as well. But I am not a programmer and can only hope that someone can implent it.

@nickon I'm not sure if there's a need for this. Article 20 says that The data subject shall have the right to receive the personal data concerning him or her, which he or she has provided to a controller.

Send Review Request does not store any data provided by user. It just logs information an email has been sent to customer with given ID.

Mh that is interesting @datakick

I have Sendreview and Revws module disabled since I had trust in the notion that TB 'd be compatible with GDPR via extra module for weeks now :( I would be so very happy to get my reviews running again since I canceled my earlier providers for the cool Sendreview and Rews module. I hoped that I could get help how get them compliant. I am pretty sure that I have the proper law text for reviews, contact form etc. but I am missing a way to integrate the modules properly. I think we need some where checkboxes for the customer to agrre in these functions ( and also for the delivery notification with tracking ID from delivery service provider). This is something I think I can not do myself since these agreements need to be tracked via database and be 'exportable and deleteable' via the missing GDPR module.

Any help is highly appreciated by me. Thank you.

@datakick gdpr is a mess. With the official module of PS when a user requests his data you should provide him with all the info related to him. That includes the emails you have send him. Better be on the safe site of things. Don't know how much trouble it is to make sendreview module compatable

@nickon that can't be right. These are your data, not customer's.

Example 1: Lets say I have an online shop where you can upload your photos, and I'll generate some PDF book from it. You can download it after you pay. Does GDPR give the customer the right to have this pdf book exported, just because it's related to him? No, that would be ridiculous. You can have your original photos back, if you wish. And you can ask me to delete everything about you (including the book). But I don't have to give you the book itself (unless you pay for it).

Example 2: let's say that you calculate some sort of 'customer rating' and use it to give different prices to different customers. This 'rating' is based on order history, so it is obviously related to the customer. Has your customer the right to have this information exported? Or to even ask you to transfer it to your direct competitor? I don't think so. This is your information, generated by your sophisticated algorithm. Why should you tell your competitors how much you think this customer is worth?

Your customer has the right to transfer his data to other controllers - he should get everything he provided. Be we don't need to give him anything else. We can, of course :)

@datakick those are different cases. In our case (sending review emails) this has to do with when/why you contacted the customer. Nothing else. mailalerts and newsletter module does the same. It does not give the user the data of WHAT you have send them but when. An other issue I am not suer about is if reviews/abantoned carts email are considered promotional or not. But thats an other story

@nickon let's agree to disagree :) I really think it's not necessary, but... have a look at my fork of this send review request module, where I've just submitted psgdpr support. Should do the trick... I haven't tested it thoroughly, so let me know if you found any bug. You will need to download git repository as zip, unpack it, and rename folder from sendreviewrequest-master to sendreviewrequest.

I'll create a pull request, maybe @SLiCK_303 will integrate it to the upstream module

Petr, you made my day. Again :)

I read about psgdpr : "Official GDPR Compliance Module - this mode can be used only when you have prestashop's official GDPR module installed. This module is free for prestashop 1.7, for prestashop 1.6 you'll need to purchase it" but that is not an issue anymore since I had spent hours on gathering information how to get ThirtyBees compliant. Since I had a customer account deletion request with request for saved data today I know now what I can do or must do if SnowCat needs longer to for the TB GDPR module than ...

@datakick You are a hero!

Installed it on PS 1.6. Shows on gdpr module compatability list. In data from user it shows

Module : Send Review Request idlogemail idcustomer idorder date_add

91 3049 2894 2018-06-12 22:01:12

Seems OK.

I hope in a future version of the module @SLiCK_303 add a more detailed log like above. Would be usefull to see where emails have been send

• 9 months later...

@SLiCK_303  @datakick

Hi. It appears the product review links in the email need to change somehow.

The current link for any product does not open up product review page. Further the link does not show existing reviews - the section under reviews is blank and the button to write a review is hidden too. I see the current link in email is like:

https://example.com/cat1/prod1#post_review

Edited by Chandra

• 5 months later...

Well, the module is now upto version 3.3.2 these days, so if you haven't upgraded lately you might want to.  I just added an option so you can have the module send emails only to people with the newsletter enabled.  If you are upgrading, you might wanna go into the modules configuration and change the newsletter option, if desired, and hit save, just to make sure the new variable is saved in your tb config.

In case you forgot where to get it....

https://store.thirtybees.com/shop-modules/administration/send-review-request

or https://github.com/SLiCK-303/sendreviewrequest

• 9 months later...

Hi Slick,

I just tried to install this module. This is what I did, I downloaded v. 3.3.2 then uploaded and unzip it in my directory. Now I don't know what to do? Can you tell me in a simple way? 

Thank you,

Ron

I have figured it out but now i will see if it is sending mails this looks like just what I want for a review thing thank you. Ron

Edited by RonGin

• 10 months later...

Hi, I have installed the module and it says on the next process there are 4 emails to send. I have the cronjob set up on a daily cycle and even copied and pasted it manually and the status of 4 emails to send has not changed for 5 days, am I missing a step?

When the url is pasted manually all I get is the blue spinning circle on the my browser, I not sure if this is complete or waiting to resolve?

thanks in advance - Rich I