thirty bees forum

Help me develop killer One Page Checkout module

datakick

12 hours ago, danwarrior said:

@datakickI'm ready to buy your module, I only miss one thing, but very important: GRPD check acceptance, is already integrated? Thank you so much!

There's a checkbox to agree Terms and Conditions, that should be enough for GDPR purposes.

If you need any other checkbox - the module offers integrations, other modules can create their own input fields. For example, VatNumber module adds checkbox 'I qualify for VAT relief' to address field. My premium version of revws module adds 'Send review request' consent checkbox, etc. 

• Like 1

On 8/29/2019 at 8:48 PM, danwarrior said:

@datakickI'm ready to buy your module, I only miss one thing, but very important: GRPD check acceptance, is already integrated? Thank you so much!

The demo is really cool.
But now I know again why I have not bought this module yet. In the demo you can not recognize this option for GDPR etc. Settings in the BO are not possible (restrictions), or I did not find these.
I hope you can do that better.

On a request for the Panda Theme, you said it should work - thanks.
Nevertheless, I'm still not sure if it really works with the Panda Theme and the other necessary modules for the EU and Germany laws.

On 8/30/2019 at 1:11 AM, datakick said:

There's a checkbox to agree Terms and Conditions, that should be enough for GDPR purposes.

If you need any other checkbox - the module offers integrations, other modules can create their own input fields. For example, VatNumber module adds checkbox 'I qualify for VAT relief' to address field. My premium version of revws module adds 'Send review request' consent checkbox, etc. 

You're right, I saw it later. I bought and install the module, in fact 🙂

The GRPD has a obligation that only few people understand and apply, is like a "layer" of information that complements the checkbox, where we need to indicate wich is the purpose of collect the data, how we treat them, how the people can modify or erase them... Something like this (attached images).

GRPD is more than a checkbox with the link to the Privacy Policy.

Maybe I can use the translation field, but if we can give some style using it like separated info (in fact it is an "info layer"), it would be perfect.

Screenshot 2019-08-31 at 13.19.24.png

Screenshot 2019-08-31 at 13.18.36.png

2 minutes ago, AndyC said:

I have to agree with danwarrior , EU countries can get heavily fined if they don't allow them to tick a consent box... .. Didn't realise there wasn't 1 till now lol

Disagree. I do not think you need a tick box about GDPR - IF you are only collecting data relevant to the sale. We only collect name and adress. Without that we could not post the order. So we have information about GDPR but not  a specific tick box. There is no point. If they do not consent they can;t make the purchase

BUT we do not do any marketing at all. So the data is ONLY for posting the order and nothing else

So we only have the standdard terms and conditons tick box ( I agree to the terms of service and adhere to them unconditionally. (read))

When clicking read they get:

You can read all of our terms here: Terms of Service

Our GDPR Compliant Privacy Notice is Here: Policy

Our Cookie Policy is Here: Cookies

4 minutes ago, haylau said:

Disagree. I do not think you need a tick box about GDPR - IF you are only collecting data relevant to the sale. We only collect name and adress. Without that we could not post the order. So we have information about GDPR but not  a specific tick box. There is no point. If they do not consent they can;t make the purchase

BUT we do not do any marketing at all. So the data is ONLY for posting the order and nothing else

So we only have the standdard terms and conditons tick box ( I agree to the terms of service and adhere to them unconditionally. (read))

Well, the thing on GDPR is that we HAVE TO have records of all the actions the users do on our sites that involve ANY data. Including if your site only have a simple contact form, GDPR requires from you to have a record on what page did the user accept, which was their IP address and everything. Even they have to be able to see the history, ask for modifying or erasing their data. So the checkbox must, in someway, collect that data (I supose it is recording now, but I didn't checked).

12 minutes ago, haylau said:

Take a look here: https://ico.org.uk/for-organisations/guide-to-data-protection/guide-to-the-general-data-protection-regulation-gdpr/individual-rights/right-to-be-informed/

I don't want to divert this thread because it is about the module not about GDPR. So I will simply say everyone can make their own minds up about GDPR. I am just giving my understanding based on the compliance pack be purchaced from an award winning legal expert who is regulary called on TV and Radio to discuss GDPR. I trust her advice

I agree with haylau ,  it is not necessary to collect any "agreement" of customers in a webshop.

The right and the possibility to do so, arise automatically from other things which gives the gdpr to merchants.  For merchants, it is super necessary to read the full GDPR.  This is only a few sites, but will brighten your life in online-business  and then a lot of things are much easier  🙂  Pls. believe ! 

So, it is only necessary to explain the customer that the privacy policy of the onlineshop is vaild.  A short text and link to them is sufficient.  Btw. it is much easier for the merchant and absolutely conform 'not to obtain the consent' with a tickbox,  the customer only have to had the possibility to read your privacy policy.  If the customer GIVES a separate consent, he has the possibility to withdraw them,  and then you have a lot of problems to fulfill that completely....    read the GDPR, really.

But now we should go on with this super nice module and on-topic !

I also think that it's not really necessary to have separate checkbox for GDPR (in checkout). I have even wrote an email to the bureau that oversees GDPR implementation in my country, and they confirmed this.

Data provided during checkout are considered either 

- required by law -- business entities are required to collect some personal data for tax and accounting purposes. These are the data displayed on invoice - name, address, etc

- legitimate interest -- businesses have legitimate interest to collect additional personal data, such as email or telephone number. These are to protect against fraud, to ensure product deliverability, etc... for example, you need phone or email to contact your customer if you discover later that you are unable to fulfil the order.

As long as all the personal information you are collecting during checkout can be in one of these two categories, you don't need any consent. You just need to inform your customer about it, for example in your terms or privacy page.

Of course, if you collect some PI that doesn't match these brackets, then you need consent. Example is age / date of birth. Unless you are selling alcohol or tabacco, you don't have any legitimate of legal interest to collect this info - you need consent.

Anyway, I'm not here to discuss about GDPR. And I don't want to force my ideas on anyone.

I decided to add new feature to the module -- custom consent checkboxes. You will be able to create as many checkboxes from back office as you want. That should fix it

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, datakick said:

....I decided to add new feature to the module -- custom consent checkboxes. You will be able to create as many checkboxes from back office as you want. That should fix it...

And this is the only correct way to handle this,  thank you ! ! !   It gives the freedom to choose to each merchant and everybody can do what he like and what is his opinion about that.  Great !

Will try some things with the module (we have not a Standard Theme and i hope it works)  and then we will buy it in the next time.

@datakick

I'm sorry if you understand I was arguying, I really had doubts and the only intention was to ask and be sure about the GRPD thing. Of course this thread is about the module, and as legal things are directly connected with checkout/payment steps, I had doubts and put my information on the table, in order to help the module to be completelly usefull for anyone and sell easier, that's all (I sold my own checkout module before, I only shared from my own experience).

Btw, I supose is a good solution the extra you decided to add, Petr. I bought the module and will install on 2 more sites, so I'll use it so much 😄 Nice job, thank you!

• Like 1

New version 0.5.0 - FIELDS MANAGEMENT

I've just released new version of chex module. This new version allows you to manage entry fields:

• you can now hide fields you don't need in checkout form (for example company name or vat number)
  • you can create your very own custom fields. For example custom GDPR checkbox

There is a plan to further extend this area. In future version(s) I plan to

• add ability to define custom layouts (move fields around)
  • edit build-in fields (rename label, placeholder, required state, etc)
  • actually save custom field values. Although you can now create your own custom fields, entered values are NOT stored anywhere. So, apart from required checkbox that can be used to prevent form from being submitted, it's pretty useless at the moment. 

Also, this new version of implements better persistence for entry fields -- for example, selected country/state is now remembered and survive page reload.

You can test on my demo account, or download from my store

chex-1.thumb.png.e74a55f2ef549d40e5b23511532fb61d.png

chex-2.thumb.png.52c85f6ea02d7a104b2817557c75dbe2.png

• Like 1

Looking good. Any sign of the order message field any time soon - essential for us. Also we would like to be able to add fields tothe cart (we would need perhaps product reference rather than produt name, and current stock level, and Displayed text when in / out of stock

51 minutes ago, haylau said:

Looking good. Any sign of the order message field any time soon - essential for us.

Should be easy

51 minutes ago, haylau said:

Also we would like to be able to add fields tothe cart (we would need perhaps product reference rather than produt name, and current stock level, and Displayed text when in / out of stock

I don't plan to implement this. 

We definitely would also need sku number and stock maybe yes maybe not.... Not sure. Also the product name and product image should be clickable so you can check it out once more before finalizing the order.

Not sure if I asked before but can you alls unfold all items until filled by the customer?

7 minutes ago, Smile said:

We definitely would also need sku number and stock maybe yes maybe not.... Not sure. Also the product name and product image should be clickable so you can check it out once more before finalizing the order.

As I wrote before, there's no plan for this. I have added this to my backlog, but it doesn't have the priority at the moment. 

Not sure if I asked before but can you alls unfold all items until filled by the customer?

I don't follow

I really like most of what I see with this module. The issue I can't figure on how to handle is that when a user adds a product to their cart, they are immediately routed to the checkout where there is no ability to cross-sell, recommend accessories, etc.

I'm genuinely not sure how I'd like to see it resolved though. Adding it to this checkout dilutes the cleanliness of the UI. Not having the ability to cross-sell at all, means missed revenue opportunities for those of us who offer complementary products. The only solution I can think is something similar to what Walmart and Amazon do, where they route you to a cart first, where all the extra marketing is done, and then to the checkout after confirmation of cart, which is a much leaner experience.

Anyone else have an idea on how to best handle this or how we can make their experience happen with this module?

Edited by x97wehner

18 minutes ago, x97wehner said:

I really like most of what I see with this module. The issue I can't figure on how to handle is that when a user adds a product to their cart, they are immediately routed to the checkout where there is no ability to cross-sell, recommend accessories, etc.

I'm genuinely not sure how I'd like to see it resolved though. Adding it to this checkout dilutes the cleanliness of the UI. Not having the ability to cross-sell at all, means missed revenue opportunities for those of us who offer complementary products. The only solution I can think is something similar to what Walmart and Amazon do, where they route you to a cart first, where all the extra marketing is done, and then to the checkout after confirmation of cart, which is a much leaner experience.

Anyone else have an idea on how to best handle this or how we can make their experience happen with this module?

I didn't though yet about what you're telling but I think you're right. The module per se is fine, but maybe in the future Petr wants to prepare more sections for that "upsellings" and make it a very strong module hard to compete with.

The option of an extra page like in Amazon can works, I don't like specially but it could work for many people. I don't like it because it "enlarge" the sales funnel/process and it means more clicks (less sales) for many lazy people.

The option I visualized as I read you is to add an extra box under the resume box, like Thrivecart and others cart system for digital products show (they are very good on CRO).

Maybe this ideas/schemes help (I know is not the same structure, but maybe @datakick can think on any good option for the future). This kind of boxes usually . increase the amount average more than in simple ecommerces (marketers have studied deeply the behaviour of buyers).

And maybe choosing between an extra previous page or an extra box would be perfect for all kind of sellers (of course this would increase the price of the module, is a lot of extra work, but a lot of optimization too).

How-to-use-thrivecart-11.gif?f8831b

ratio-de-conversion.png

3 hours ago, x97wehner said:

Should the checkout process be really concerned about cross-selling, though?

You can already recommend related products directly on your product page, or on the added-to-cart popup. Isn't it enough?

image.png.ac44e0222cc02175b43cd1b995b97b5e.png 

10 hours ago, x97wehner said:

This is a screenshot from my phone. It has pretty high resolution and it's not aligning well. Something to address.

This will be caused by some CSS in your theme, they probably interfere with the module layout. It looks fine on my theme:

screen.jpg.29e9edbcbd585611e1135cead875f397.jpg