thirty bees forum

Help me develop killer One Page Checkout module

datakick

26 minutes ago, datakick said:

This is a forum, one of many forums I'm participating in. I'm subscribed to hundreds of threads. Unfortunately, it's very easy to miss/forget some message.

Fair enough. I've removed that message.

It was just frustrating to take the time to write up a detailed report with specific examples and screenshots, and then ... nothing.

On 6/7/2020 at 9:23 PM, datakick said:

I don't follow. Can you please explain a little bit more?

I use a shipping module that introduces in the normal checkout a link that customers can click on in order to enter their address in a special format. In Chex the link doesn't show. I hope this explains it better but if not I can drop you a private note.

Thanks!

• 1 month later...
On 7/21/2020 at 10:54 PM, AndyC said:

Hi

Have been trying to add Nochex to my 2nd site but it is not showing up at checkout, All I have is PayPal in the drop down list

thanks

Does the nochex module implement displayPaymentEU hook? Not all payment module do. You can check this by installing Advanced EU Compliance module, and enable its OPC -- I bet this module will not be listed there as well. 

Hi, @datakick, hope you're fine.

I wrote you on your support forum about an issue in the cart details of Chex, is about COD fee. Can you please help us to solve it? 

The thread is here https://store.getdatakick.com/en/support/module/13-chex-one-page-checkout/130-about-some-details-on-cart-left-column-we-need-to-show-a-cod-fee and I gave you all the access and license too via email.

Thanks so much, Pietr!

17 hours ago, danwarrior said:

Hi, @datakick, hope you're fine.

I wrote you on your support forum about an issue in the cart details of Chex, is about COD fee. Can you please help us to solve it? 

The thread is here https://store.getdatakick.com/en/support/module/13-chex-one-page-checkout/130-about-some-details-on-cart-left-column-we-need-to-show-a-cod-fee and I gave you all the access and license too via email.

Thanks so much, Pietr!

Hi Dan,

I'm afraid there's not much to do. Thirtybees (or prestashop for that matter) does not handle payment process in any way. Selected payment option is not part of cart final price calculation. In fact, in standard payment process, the thirtybees will learn about chosen payment option only *after* payment is completed (user is first redirected to payment provider, and then back to thirtybees/module specific endpoint that will validate and convert cart to order). This is very unfortunate flow, but it's what we need to use, for compatiblity reasons. 

I know that there exists some modules that, using plenty of hacks, can achieve some sort of surcharges for payment options. But these modules depends on lot of overrides, both in php and in theme. These hacks will not work with chex, not unless they were written for it in the first place.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi @datakick

perhaps I missed something but today I struggled to translate some 'strings' from fields I use in Chex.

First one is in new account creation field and second one in confirmation fields. Both refer to the Revws module.

In English is the sting: "I agree to receive review requests for purchased products"

I could not translate it via back office. I had to change the L s=" ... " in

\revws-thirtybees-2.2.2\revws\classes\integration\chex.php

\revws-thirtybees-2.2.2\revws\views\templates\hook\subscription-account.tpl

Also if you find the time to add those "Fields" to the translations perhaps you can think about a way to make those fields positions moveable in Chex options.

Edited by Pedalman

• 1 month later...

Hello @datakick,

I asked this a while back but don't see that it was ever put into the module. Can you update so that the order of shipping vendors is aligned with the TB back office shipping settings as seen below? This is important for customer experience since we offer a free local pickup that most customers are not eligible for. Currently, it defaults with this free option at the top of the list and doesn't follow the settings below.  If we can follow the TB back office setting, then it will display the correct carrier by default at the top of the list.

image.png.8b28c96c579c086562d2d246a2267a13.png

Edited by x97wehner
  • Like 1

In the manager.php file we have modified this line

‘name’ =>$prod[‘name’]

To 

'name' => $prod['reference'].PHP_EOL." - ".$prod['name'].PHP_EOL." - Current Stock Level:  ".$prod[stock_quantity].PHP_EOL." - Unit Price:£  ".$prod['price_wt'],

So our cart now shows product reference, name, current stock, and unit price

Looks great

image.thumb.png.a18a9482bb468cde352e658d1a0b822b.png

The "Unit Price" is the final unit price including any discounts. We have cart rules set up to allow for quantity discounts. Can anyone think of the coding I could use to add the 'base' price of the product without discount and the cart rule name to show?

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Hi all,

We've been trying to figure out why some customer, after entering their email address at the checkout, are neither asked to enter a password (if they're a returning customer) or a blank customer profile/shipping form (if they're not). This had been an issue ever since the Chex module was installed and configured around a year or so ago. Today, we finally figured out why and I'm hoping there's an easy fix... The problem is that when a visitor/customer enters their email address and, for whatever reason hits the space bar to enter a space at the end of the email address, nothing happens. The moment they hit the backspace key to remove the unneeded space, the checkout then proceeds with its checking routine and the whole thing works just as it was designed.

Unfortunately, customers are either unaware of what they have done or just don't see it as a problem. We didn't know this was happening until a customer came into our store and showed us the problem on their mobile phone.

So, what can be done about this? Any ideas?

Does anybody else’s mobile checkout for Chex also look like this, ie with a huge cart that blocks the checkout forms? It’s not in all browsers but eg in Firefox Focus.

ps @Mike1Sorry, can’t help you. I’d assume one could somehow automatically drop spaces, though. 

F27E2ACA-2E75-4151-AC3A-A528C89C896F.jpeg

Edited by 30knees

• 2 months later...

I just spent a while on the phone with a customer who mistakenly put the zip code in the city field and vice versa (as is the common order in Germany). She didn't spot the mistake right away. 

Would it be possible to highlight the fields that are wrong?

Edited by 30knees

1 hour ago, 30knees said:

I just spent a while on the phone with a customer who mistakenly put the zip code in the city field and vice versa (as is the common order in Germany). She didn't spot the mistake right away. 

Would it be possible to highlight the fields that are wrong?

It already does that:

image.png.0e6d7a56bc038448d3ccdf24e94e2c5c.png

• 3 months later...

Dear Friends,

I created an account specifically to say that I love Chex's layout and would love to implement it in my store.

I am missing two features, though, so I thought I would ask more experienced colleagues if perhaps you know if such features are planned or is there any chance to implement it on your side in your store by modifying the module code?

1. Showing all fields to enter the delivery address at once, without the need to enter the e-mail address at the beginning. I've seen a few A/B tests done in the shopping cart and in my experience showing all the fields usually have a much better impact on the conversion rate. In our case our customers are not the youngest ones and for sure showing all the fields would be much clearer for them :)

2. As far as I noticed, the module currently saves the delivery address entered on the user's side, but every time you go to the shopping cart it requires you to enter the e-mail address again. Would it be possible to save the provided e-mail address in the browser as it is usually done? Once again, I'm convinced that this would certainly have a positive impact on the conversion rate, the flow would be smooth as butter and customers would just love Chex, the same way as we merchants do.

Cheers!

I have discovered a bug with Chex, @datakick. I don't believe i have any modifications to the checkout that would be causing issue.

The issue is this: I have had multiple customers over past few months not able to complete checkout when trying to execute from their Samsung mobile phone. I watched a friend try yesterday and he faced the same issue. He was using the large Samsung phone with rounded screen edges. The problem shows when the user enters their email address. It doesn't seem to run the script to search the DB and sort of just sits there. Then when they click to confirm order, it shows that shipping information is incomplete. Can you please take a look. The frequency this is happening is very concerning to us as there is a large Samsung customer base in the U.S.

I was experiencing the very same thing with our checkout too. Like you, no modifications to the checkout was made and it left me feeling confused why such things were happening, and randomly. I couldn't see any pattern to it all. And then one day I realised what it was and it's got nothing to do with which device or browser the user is using... it's actually the email address. Basically, if a user leaves a space at the end of the email address, the checkout refuses to check the database and is left 'waiting' or in limbo. The moment that trailing space is removed, all is well.

Unless it's something else I am not aware of, this seemed to be the solution that worked for me.

15 hours ago, x97wehner said:

I have discovered a bug with Chex, @datakick. I don't believe i have any modifications to the checkout that would be causing issue.

The issue is this: I have had multiple customers over past few months not able to complete checkout when trying to execute from their Samsung mobile phone. I watched a friend try yesterday and he faced the same issue. He was using the large Samsung phone with rounded screen edges. The problem shows when the user enters their email address. It doesn't seem to run the script to search the DB and sort of just sits there. Then when they click to confirm order, it shows that shipping information is incomplete. Can you please take a look. The frequency this is happening is very concerning to us as there is a large Samsung customer base in the U.S.

Unfortunately I don't have a Samsung device to test this problem. But I don't really believe this is related to device, more likely it's a browser issue. What browser did you use? Can you access javascript console and look if there is any error?

12 hours ago, datakick said:

Unfortunately I don't have a Samsung device to test this problem. But I don't really believe this is related to device, more likely it's a browser issue. What browser did you use? Can you access javascript console and look if there is any error?

I cannot as I don't have a Samsung device either. According to @Mike1 it is likely trailing spaces causing the issue. Can we autostrip/ignore trailing spaces from the email to eliminate that issue first?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, x97wehner said:

I cannot as I don't have a Samsung device either. According to @Mike1 it is likely trailing spaces causing the issue. Can we autostrip/ignore trailing spaces from the email to eliminate that issue first?

Great idea - fixing any potential error in the shopping cart is worth its weight in gold. Additionally, if @datakick had the option to add a possibility to display all fields in the shopping cart, as I mentioned in point 1 of my comment, it would be perfect.

A customer commented that what's typical is to first ask for the invoice address and then ask if there's a different shipping address. That's true (in Germany). How is it in other countries?

I note it's the reverse in the module.

The customer is a nice test subject. 🙂 She also noted that you're first asked for the payment method and then for the email address. She chose credit card and was then surprised, understandably, that she needs to enter her email address. Perhaps this should be switched, i.e. first the email address, then address, then the payment method. 

Thoughts?

On 5/11/2021 at 2:25 PM, x97wehner said:

@datakick I was able to have that same user verify that the Samsung device was inserting a trailing space after the email. When he removed it, the checkout worked fine. Can an update be made to programmatically remove this trailing space, or just to ignore it so the script fires?

49 minutes ago, x97wehner said:

@datakick I was able to have that same user verify that the Samsung device was inserting a trailing space after the email. When he removed it, the checkout worked fine. Can an update be made to programmatically remove this trailing space, or just to ignore it so the script fires?

Of course, I'll fix this.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, 30knees said:

The customer is a nice test subject. 🙂 She also noted that you're first asked for the payment method and then for the email address. She chose credit card and was then surprised, understandably, that she needs to enter her email address. Perhaps this should be switched, i.e. first the email address, then address, then the payment method. 

Thoughts?

In my opinion, when customer goes to checkout page, they need to be reassured first. They really want to know is

• what carrier they can use
  • what payment method they can use
  • the final price

And chex tries hard to answer these questions. Customer is not required to log in or create an account before these questions are answered. 

• Like 1