thirty bees forum

Feature Request Time!

My personal requests:

1- Full Cache system repaired. I know Datakick is not a big fun of cache in ecommerce for the dynamic elements but it is of big help for speed. Sure cache can create issues with dynamic elements but they can be selected to be not cached.

I do not need to much more in addition to this, correcting bugs and of course continue evolving the technology.

I also have considerations but I will not put them here to only have listed features in this topic 🙂

Automatically save customized fields input when customer clicks add to cart.

Confusing for customers to have to click save twice.

Currently i have to use an override based on NemoPs code for ps1.6 to do so.

• Like 1

quicksearch dropdown results can have pictures. This is also from NemoPS.

If client send message and to need to answer then inside TB i haven't found possibility to add pictures. I need these sometimes for better answer.

When You add new client manually, then there are flelds for address. And later you need to input address for this client again. Is this some really weird thing or I'm doing something wrong ?

I have situation when multiple client using the same email. And this is really PITA. Is there any possibility to identify client with email and name too ? I mean this is only for backoffice. Simplest solution is just possibility to put another field for next name. In FO this is porbably mother for all fu**ups.

When making order in BO then there can be possibility to change price. At the moment you can put in price field something but system don't use this later and changes this to actual price. This change can be done with some warnings where is actual price and then some calculations based on price what You put in field. For example You can see discount in percent and in numbers, and also some math with wholesale price.

19 hours ago, rubben1985 said:

My personal requests:

1- Full Cache system repaired. I know Datakick is not a big fun of cache in ecommerce for the dynamic elements but it is of big help for speed. Sure cache can create issues with dynamic elements but they can be selected to be not cached.

I do not need to much more in addition to this, correcting bugs and of course continue evolving the technology.

I also have considerations but I will not put them here to only have listed features in this topic 🙂

On the opposite, I suggest to delete completely this cache system in the bottom of the performance page, if people want to config memcached or another systeme, it should be somewhere else, in a module for example as ther is already a smarty cache config on the same page it's really confusing for new users.

Also from my experiences on my servers all websites run faster with full cache OFF, and I don't talk about all time spending trying to configure it so it does not break the dynamic variable in front office.

• Like 1

@zen also possible to completely turn down the cache system if that allows to use external modules (right now is not possible)

About being faster without cache, surely you are right because you are have bigger expertise, but all the PS websites I tried before were faster with the cache modules. 

Just now, rubben1985 said:

@zen also possible to completely turn down the cache system if that allows to use external modules (right now is not possible)

About being faster without cache, surely you are right because you are have bigger expertise, but all the PS websites I tried before were faster with the cache modules. 

If you really want to compare it needs datas, but from my experience it was even worst on PS websites with full cache than no-cache, it depends on the server performance mostly and configuration, for example op-cache is almost always turned ON on most servers, so why adding a new cache on top of this if it makes it slower. that is why I suggest to use cache module instead if you really want to, I know many people who love cache modules and believe it will boost their website while paying a cheap vps or share hosting, nowadays lightspeed it the one that works good with WP, maybe there is a way with this one fro TB too..and it can be a good seller module.

1 minute ago, rubben1985 said:

So you think it is better to turn off PS cache, and only use a module? Or not to use nothing at all? My experiments with the modules were that they increase speed indeed... maybe because of a bad server config, but those were the results... 

it's better to not use any Cache module at all, can you show me the website you talk about, we'll do some test and improve speed, without full page cache ! Only smarty cache is enough

Edited by zen

Already sent to Data kick but essentially

1.Add costs to text boxes and tick boxes +  drop down list ..Also make them available in a tab on product page.

Use the 3 page checkout that was made instead of the 5 ..It does work really well too

Search section really needs improving

Image Regeneration to incease speed. On cheap shared servers it conks-out, but there are modules that can do it somehow on the same server. I guess there are modules that can reduce all images to some pre-set size before processing too. So regenerate images
- the same way that the best modules do, that works on a shared server, possibly...
- Webp included and any other new image formats perhaps
- including a stage to reduce all images to a sensible size (40kb by default perhaps)
- and save that as a master copy on the server for each new regeneration
This is a speed-of-loading issue, and a workflow issue as well. I reduce the size of images before upload, but it would be quicker if I didn't have to. Once they're on the server, they're in nested directories which are awkward to batch-process if I dowload the pictures again. And if I keep regenerating on the server, some of pictures get fuzzy over time. One solution would be a piece of software that I could download, just to prepare thirtybees photos with imagemagik, but a solution on the server would be simplest for me.

[paragraph updated 29.01.2021] It turns out that my cheap hosting.co.uk server can do a batch conversion of images typically 30-40 kb at largest, if I find the right control panel setting to allow it. Maybe this is just an issue with the instructions which is sort-of answered by the forum.
forum.thirtybees.com/topic/3889-regenerating-images-5xx-error/

Customer accounts - turn them off easily to reduce customer distractions and clicks-to-buy
- without having to hack the code as now
- with subtleties, perhaps, for shopkeepers who want to allow accounts, but well-hidden for the odd regular customer, or the odd customer that has an account already or gets one by mistake
PS like this suggestion further down the thread

Edited by veganline
PS

Theme: a monospaced font for attributes, so I can write "39.3____6____" as a shoe size and have the one below in a neat column. I already do this but it took time to learn. Nanum Gothic Coding allows thirds and two-thirds signs as a single-spaced character, so it would be a good choice.

Stock Sync: online markets There's a module to start integrating with ebay for €200 and amazon for another €200 again. That's if I do the work of trying to map my own data to something that suits ebay or amazon; the module just does the software link. It would be good to have a free module that does most of the work for lots of platforms like the ones on great.gov.uk/selling-online-overseas rather than charge for each one. (same point in another post). 

Stock Sync: wholesalers I don't know much about this but a way to have some stock back-order-able from a wholesaler, and update this every day or two with a scrape of the wholesalers' web site would be good if they have no better system. I expect that some or all of this would be a paid module, but worth writing-down here anyway. 

Stock Sync: advanced stock management and multistore
This is a bit over-my-head as a small retailer, but I would like to have
- a wholesale price and stock list for some items, and maybe
- a different domain name and site for just my own brand.
I turned-on multistore but found that Categories immediately dissapeared from my front page, so I need instructions to use the software that exists already. I'd also like easy integration with other software that's good at doing stock control; I don't need everything to be built-in to Thirtybees. Odoo and ERPnext are names that have cropped-up but I don't really know what I'm talking about.😀

Edited by veganline

Extending shipping options with added price range by "according to total weight" and vice versa. 3 sql rows needed and few lines of code.

And it works without changing any of the front templates as it uses the parts that are already in core.

It adds whole lot more of customization possibilities when creating the shipping carrier.

Tab 2 - "Shipping locations and costs" is untouched and in my case is set to "according to total weight"

893847908_Screenshot_2021-01-07CarriersExpeditedShipping-EUALZA-Racing.png.c9e944fcf86149fdd6c6ca8bb041e20a.png

2 hours ago, veganline said:

Stock Sync: online markets There's a module to start integrating with ebay for €200 and amazon for another €200 again. That's if I do the work of trying to map my own data to something that suits ebay or amazon; the module just does the software link. It would be good to have a free module that does most of the work for lots of platforms like the ones on great.gov.uk/selling-online-overseas rather than charge for each one. (same point in another post). 

Stock Sync: wholesalers I don't know much about this but a way to have some stock back-order-able from a wholesaler, and update this every day or two with a scrape of the wholesalers' web site would be good if they have no better system. I expect that some or all of this would be a paid module, but worth writing-down here anyway. 

Stock Sync: advanced stock management and multistore
This is a bit over-my-head as a small retailer, but I would like to have
- a wholesale price and stock list for some items, and maybe
- a different domain name and site for just my own brand.
I turned-on multistore but found that Categories immediately dissapeared from my front page, so I need instructions to use the software that exists already. I'd also like easy integration with other software that's good at doing stock control; I don't need everything to be built-in to Thirtybees. Odoo and ERPnext are names that have cropped-up but I don't really know what I'm talking about.😀

Online markets - there's a reason there are paid modules. Markets integration rules and methods change and improve constantly, and require support. Support = money.

Wholesalers - if a wholesaler has a way to export stocks, it's simple to integrate it with a module. If you need such tool, let me know.

Advanced stock management and multistore - all of those functions are already there AFAIK. Disappearing categories might be a bug, I haven't used multistore for a while.

• Like 2

Textures: ability to size the icons and use them for product photos instead. This is possible already with DIY styling, but help on the backoffice control panel would be good. It could help merchants combine more products into one.

@DKO I hope that integration with stock control programs could reduce requests for support and code maintenance; they'd go to the people who maintain the stock control software.

-------------16.01.2021 on the same topic from 2+ years ago... oh: 30knees has put it here

Maybe this module already exists. If not, I'd be happy to pay €100 towards it. I have odds and ends of sized goods like a slipper in some sizes and a different colour or style in another size. I want a to present them as a neat full-price product.

I can call the differences attributes with a big texture icon, making it a theme change rather than a code change, but I have not made it neat and intuitive. I have not worked out how to make the availabe settings obvious or a default pre-selected. The customer has to guess that they choose a size and then a big icon.

---------------------edit 18.01.2021
My checkout is fine but for new users....
...remove 5 page checkout default altogether; change to 3-page as the logic suggests three pages with a crucial question at the bottom of the first two, so the change would be small. [edit 26.01.2021] The ideal would be a one page checkout by default for new installations, with fewest clicks-to-buy. 
This is hard to explain to merchants and their customers if one part of the form changes depending on the bit before.
So, a three-page checkout by default with a kind of questionnaire to check of merchants are ready for 1-page would be one other way around.
Or a basic one page checkout option with less dependencies, but one page, as a default option.
Another way to reduce clicks-to-buy is to make all the avoidable form details like gender, title, date of birth optional and turned-off by default. They might belong in a separate module for people who really need them, rather than in the main templates.

search engine for Prestashop 1.6 modules
or in stages
- I could plonk my links list on the tips and tricks section straight away, if nobody minds the competition with the paid modules section of this site
- a wiki would be ideal, as links come and go. It could be a free hosted wiki on another url - just as long as it's sometimes updated. I'm sure that lots of users have much the same links list of codecanyon and one or two others
- a search box that only searches from links on the wiki. Again this could be a free self-hosted one like google or such. I don't know how to do this off hand but maybe somebody else does.

Edited by veganline
PS1.6 module search idea / link to similar thread / agree with other users about 3-page checkout default

Improve responsiveness when a product with multiple combinations is created.  A full explanation is provided on this post.  Performance is impacted two ways:

Back Office: Loading a product with many combinations will time out and requires a 3rd party module to configure the combinations / price & stock

Front Office: Page load time for a product with many combinations is way too long.

This may require a change on how combinations and prices are generated. Perhaps offer an option to configure a combinations and the associated price to be calculated so those options that impact price are stored, while those that only change the product with no price impact only need to be saved with the order.  The current method that generates and saves all possible combinations in the tables is not efficient.   I know this isn't so simple because of the impact on stock management.

There has to be a better way than how it is currently done. 

The error displayed: (timeout)
A server error occurred while loading the tabs: some tabs could not be loaded.
Please try again by refreshing the page.
If you are still encountering this problem, please check your server logs or contact your hosting provider for assistance.

Edited by Rhapsody

9 hours ago, Rhapsody said:

Improve responsiveness when a product with multiple combinations is created.  A full explanation is provided on this post.  Performance is impacted two ways:

Back Office: Loading a product with many combinations will time out and requires a 3rd party module to configure the combinations / price & stock

Front Office: Page load time for a product with many combinations is way too long.

This may require a change on how combinations and prices are generated. Perhaps offer an option to configure a combinations and the associated price to be calculated so those options that impact price are stored, while those that only change the product with no price impact only need to be saved with the order.  The current method that generates and saves all possible combinations in the tables is not efficient.   I know this isn't so simple because of the impact on stock management.

There has to be a better way than how it is currently done. 

The error displayed: (timeout)
A server error occurred while loading the tabs: some tabs could not be loaded.
Please try again by refreshing the page.
If you are still encountering this problem, please check your server logs or contact your hosting provider for assistance.

How many combinations are we talking about? Thousands? Maybe it's an indexing issue in the db, or general db/server performance issue.

7 minutes ago, AndyC said:

I was doing around 120 or so with 4 options and got a time out

I would consider posting this as an issue on github, sql query needs to be profiled, and optimizations applied to either code or db indexes.

1 hour ago, DKO said:

How many combinations are we talking about? Thousands? Maybe it's an indexing issue in the db, or general db/server performance issue.

From the other post I referenced regarding the number of options that generates combinations:

1. Product has 7 options the customer must choose
  2. The first 6 options have a unique attribute that are assigned the attribute type "dropdown list", 
  3. Each dropdown list is assigned with 4 options to choose. The first option (default) "Select a Class" has a stock level of 0 making it unavailable to add to cart unless an option is selected
  4. The last dropdown forces the customer to acknowledge a liability waiver with the default "Please acknowledge" having a stock level of 0 making it unavailable to add to cart until "I agree" is selected

Feature request: speed - anything that follows from GTmetrix tests like
https://gtmetrix.com/reports/front.thirtybees.com/T2A4gZmo/
I suggest:

• fewer photos on the demonstration version - maybe no slider by default
  • loading of fonts from the server if they're unlikely to be in a browser cache,

and... maybe someone else knows more. Probably Softaculous and Fantastico have demonstration sites for similar software where speeds can be compared. I mentioned image formats in another post.

------------------------edit 15.1.21 so unrelated to comments and reactions underneath
I don't know if the google web font link ...
https://fonts.googleapis.com/css?family=Raleway:400,500,600,700
... loads Cyrillic and Vietnamese on sites that don't need them. If so, that might be as much of a problem as which server the font is loaded from

Edited by veganline
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, veganline said:

Feature request: speed - anything that follows from GTmetrix tests like
https://gtmetrix.com/reports/front.thirtybees.com/T2A4gZmo/
I suggest:
fewer big photos on the demonstration version.
loading of fonts from the server if they're unlikely to be in a brower cache, and... maybe someone else knows more

Actually a good 1.. Fonts seem to be a page killer and a few others too

I have so many ideas for new functions / options in the standard. I cannot list all of them. Some of it would be too much. For some improvements there are already suggestions and tips in the forum.
I know they are only suggestions and not everything can be freeware.
For some sellers, having as few overrides as possible would be a dream.

- add hooks -> module html block (very nice module) -> absolute top (before nav-hook); footer-top, footer bottom (sigh -> best to adapt it with the niara theme) -> footer-bottom, the module "Community Theme Configuration" would no longer be needed.

from the tips
- date product new
example:

- keywords / tags autocomplete (admin product page)
example:

- and yes multiple features
example:

- Customer service - add predefined messages
example:

- Adding a 'sort by sales' option
example:

• Like 1