thirty bees forum

Feature Request Time!

I think there are small things, that make it easy, especially for new and inexperienced users. 

1. like a working GDPR module 

2. an easy way to change colors of buttons and fonts in FO 

the thirtybees website should be up to date, also the demo shop. If you go there and there are still links to patreon, you feel like it is already dead...

Edited by Sigi
  • Like 1

On 1/12/2021 at 8:37 PM, Sigi said:

2. an easy way to change colors of buttons and fonts in FO 

I suppose any of us could help by

posting code for bo>preferences>custom code to https://forum.thirtybees.com/forum/23-tips-and-tricks/ 

Easier than no help at all, if not easy. [PS I don't know why I wrote this as a reply to the button / font color idea rather than any other]

Edited by veganline

Hello. I've been using TB for almost a year now. I believe in free software and that's why I try to make my little part helping new users with my very little knowledge of this platform. It's really nice to read the good news, as just a few month after starting my project I read that long thread and was really waiting to see what will happen with development. Good free software is made not just by code, but with the people who use it, and found here a lot of good users that helped me a lot. Enough for the introduction, show me the features ;)

A nice ready to use mobile friendly Niara is mandatory. I had to do a lot of modifications to use it, it was pretty horrible out of the box.

As somebody said, it's nice to have a little product picture in the search box, as you type. I managed to do so pretty easily:

https://forum.thirtybees.com/topic/4213-solved-add-images-to-ajax-search-override/

Another thing would be to have a ready configured Pick up at store carrier that is not counted as a free shipping method (as it is not shipped anywhere, just waits to be picked up)

An easy way of export the list of products ready to be imported again. I had issues with HTML in description fields not being exported, so i had to do it the php+sql way.

One vote more for 3 step checkout. I uploaded a .zip with some modifications for Niara in the thread already posted here.

Fixing Product Customization, besides autosaving, it's not working at all, making it unusable:

https://forum.thirtybees.com/topic/4139-error-in-cart-with-products-with-custom-fields/

A lot of things have been discussed in the forums and already fixed by some of the users. It would be excelent to have those modifications into the new version.

Thanks again, and see you over here :)

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Something that already exist with paid module from PS 1.6 marketplace (20/25 bucks) is to change the state of the order directly from the order list through ajax instead of going into each order and changing them.

This feature can be more or less useful depending on the process of each merchant. It's a little quality of life feature not a priority.

In my last post, I naturally had various suggestions as a wish. Who wouldn't want one or the other?

However -> this back office improvement would be an absolute dream:
I just looked through this topic again, but haven't read anything about the back office menu. Many months ago I saw it here in the forum, but now I haven't found it. If the menu bar is too long, the lower menu items cannot be reached outside of the viewing area. Scrolling etc doesn't work either.

I'm not sure if this is maybe already marked as a bug somewhere.

image.thumb.png.f3184fd713dd2a3ef9aab13076d6e921.png

• Like 1

If I had one request it would be for when we have a walk in customer and generating that order via the back office orders system, 

We use scanners and barcodes  and when you have a combination regardless of the combination scanned it always results in the default product this has lead to some over and under charges in the past and throws the stock out, you have to be extra carefull.  it would be really nice to be able to scan the products barcode and have the actual product land on the order sheet.

Also and this really would benefit those with large amounts of SKU's and those dealing with large numbers of small items  A stock page where we could add stock via a scanner thats all in one place  a simple box that says  (quantity) a text area to scan (barcode) into  and an (add me button),  that would be heaven we could walk around our warehouses adding stock, and carry out stocktaking with a phone and a wireless scanner  🙂

Some idea of a more general nature: I  just read through some articles about bootstrap alternatives and stumbled across an interesting article which is targeted at mobiles. I know TB is mobile friendly etc, but how about changing your strategy in general (not that I had any idea of your strategy^^) to deliver a mobile-first application that is made for mobiles but also works great on desktop. We ourselves have already over 50 or 60% mobile users and this number will be going up even more for everyone in the future. So I think design and code wise it should be created with mobile-first thoughts, ideas and strategies in mind and just make it work for desktop afterwards. I believe this to be very future proof and a step before so many others. Maybe what it would need first is just a new theme that is first only created for mobile view, maybe a completely different interface that is most easy to use on a mobile device and then try to adjust that layout to desktop. Or make a theme for desktop (current ones) and one additional for mobile that is lightweight. Codewise I can't say anything about it, I know only little about the full prestashop core, just enough to make some most simple modules myself or make slight core adjustments (which I have actually left behind with prestashop :'D). But maybe it's possible to not use the full extent of the code  when a mobile is recognized to make it more lightweight, no idea 🙂 Just something to keep in mind I guess, mobiles will be the top devices for viewing websites, they ofc already are. Thought of sharing that as I have to get used to the mobile first fact myself, I always forget about these tiny devices and love visiting websites much more on desktops myself, yet there are other people out there and they tend to do the opposite :'D

Edited by oliiix
  • Like 1

On 1/19/2021 at 12:42 AM, colorful-ant said:

In my last post, I naturally had various suggestions as a wish. Who wouldn't want one or the other?

However -> this back office improvement would be an absolute dream:
I just looked through this topic again, but haven't read anything about the back office menu. Many months ago I saw it here in the forum, but now I haven't found it. If the menu bar is too long, the lower menu items cannot be reached outside of the viewing area. Scrolling etc doesn't work either.

I'm not sure if this is maybe already marked as a bug somewhere.

That reminds me of some other important thing: please keep the top menu bar alive haha :'D I hate this ugly beast on the left side 😉 Top bar is much better accessible

As mentioned a while ago:

I would love to have the possibility of having combinations for virtual products as a standard feature. For now, when adding a product in the backend, if you tick virtual product you cannot make combinations.
A virtual product can have several combinations, ie: operating system; number of users, license variation.

Also the possibility of having a different description for each combination would be a big plus, for now it can only be the one that is from the standard product. With that option also the possibility to have the description in the csv import when importing combinations.

Another small thing: sometimes with selling software the customer needs to show proof of something (i.e. being a student or having a previous version). So the possibility at product level to show a warning when something is added to the cart and/or show something at the payment screen would be a nice plus.

Regards,

Marc

original thread at

My thoughts were to reconsider the "official PS Paypal module" again, since there were many problem reports by the users of TB Paypal module through the whole era of this module.
Just tested it today, all set up, when on paypal it shows "Continue" button, but when clicking on continue it automatically makes the payment.

I think this is little misleading as it should be obvious that when clicking on button payment will be initiated - so therefore "Pay now" or "Send payment" would sound better.
Plus at the bottom of "Continue" button its stated "You will be able to review your order before you complete your purchase" - So not true

If deciding to cancel and return to merchant it goes to cart summary not the the payment page.

If payment is made it returns nicely to the shop to the correct page after payment, however no refund possible directly from shop.

On my true live site I use latest 3.15.1 (upgraded few days ago from 3.15.0) PS Official module from 202-ecommerce and is working without issues. I've been using PS Official one since my migration to thirty bees.

1008518842_Screenshot_2021-01-29PayPalCheckout.png.9a7d84d4b125b2a62c4270feed1691e1.png

Edited by toplakd
Updated details
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, toplakd said:

My thoughts were to reconsider the "official PS Paypal module" again, since there were many problem reports by the users of TB Paypal module through the whole era of this module.
Just tested it today, all set up, when on paypal it shows "Continue" button, but when clicking on continue it automatically makes the payment.

I think this is little misleading as it should be obvious that when clicking on button payment will be initiated - so therefore "Pay now" or "Send payment" would sound better.

It returns nicely to the shop to the correct page after payment, however no refund possible directly from shop.

On my true live site I use latest 3.15.1 (upgraded few days ago from 3.15.0) PS Official module from 202-ecommerce and is working without issues. I've been using PS Official one since my migration to thirty bees.

+1 on the ability to provide a PayPal refund directly from the shop.  This was a feature previously possible in Prestashop 1.5.6 that was lost moving forward.

6 minutes ago, Rhapsody said:

+1 on the ability to provide a PayPal refund directly from the shop.  This was a feature previously possible in Prestashop 1.5.6 that was lost moving forward.

This is still possible with Official Prestashop module, however only "Refund total transaction"

1189553664_Screenshot_2021-01-29OrdersOrderSCARJPQMNfromMikeRichardsonALZARacing.png.c3f04f374a4ab0a199de039c4878b266.png

23 minutes ago, toplakd said:

This is still possible with Official Prestashop module, however only "Refund total transaction"

1189553664_Screenshot_2021-01-29OrdersOrderSCARJPQMNfromMikeRichardsonALZARacing.png.c3f04f374a4ab0a199de039c4878b266.png

Understood.  Most of the refunds we process are for a single item, not the entire order.  The ability to refund a single line item (or adjust the quantity for multiple of a single item) is what needs to be restored to as was previously available. An alternate method might be to have a field to list amount of partial refund with a text field to describe the purpose of the refund. Coupling a refund to the products and quantities is preferred.

While I think about it a way to add a note to the order Status would be great , rather than the message as guests don't seem to be able to see that

Also if you use multiple delivery companies you can choose which goes with the tracking number Capture.thumb.JPG.0715624d4228ce132d0a64b67018bfcc.JPG

On 1/31/2021 at 11:33 AM, AndyC said:

While I think about it a way to add a note to the order Status would be great , rather than the message as guests don't seem to be able to see that

That reminds me of a feature an old software I used had. When switching order status, for one or multiple orders, you could send along a message to each order individually. I used that for messages like: "It's Friday - have a great weekend", "Did you see the football game yesterday? Amazing!". "Happy Easter!" etc. It added a personal touch that customers really appreciated.

Would this be easily possible in tb? Would anybody else be interested in funding this?

Edited by 30knees

11 hours ago, 30knees said:

That reminds me of a feature an old software I used had. When switching order status, for one or multiple orders, you could send along a message to each order individually. I used that for messages like: "It's Friday - have a great weekend", "Did you see the football game yesterday? Amazing!". "Happy Easter!" etc. It added a personal touch that customers really appreciated.

Would this be easily possible in tb? Would anybody else be interested in funding this?

Zencart did it... and it worked well. as you say you could put messages in.. I used it mostly for tracking and apologies if order was running late , or thanking them for the phone call etc

• Like 1