thirty bees forum

Feature Request Time!

Hi everyone, I wish to have a watermark module supporting .webp. The current version of the modul (actually migrated from Prestashop) supports only .jpg. The .webp format is getting like a standard and is being supported by almost all web browsers. Google loves it givving web shops with .webp (much) higher ranking. On the other hand, I am in a creative industry, organisations are spending a lot of attention to copyright. Especially in Germany it could be very easier to get a nice email from a lower. So to have a watermark is a must for me. Is it possible to extend the module to support .webp?

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Blocklayered.php : state limitations and...

Don't index zero-stock attributes.

I've glanced as some Prestashop threads and it looks as though the module didn't or doesn't work with

• Multishop
  • Multiple variations
  • Zero-stock attributes, which it indexes as though in-stock

That last problem applies to my current Thirtybees layered navigation as well. A PS Forum post https://bit.ly/blocklayered-php suggests a couple of lines to add, but they don't work on my TB version.

Any way of improving the module would be a good thing

(unless there is an easy work-around which I've missed)

Edited by veganline
(unless there is an easy work-around which I've missed)

• 4 weeks later...
10 minutes ago, musicmaster said:

The issue I run most often into is the inability to attach files with the customer service messages. 

Probably I am biased because I sell software. But I can imagine that other people will find it handy too for sending manuals, product previews, etc.

Recommendation: Attaching files to outgoing messages is a huge spam flag for email services. You definitely don't want to do that since it risks killing your domain reputation. A better alternative is to store the manuals and documents in an online published repository, and then providing your customers a link to the online document in your email.

I hope this isn't too late, but I've been absent from this forum for a long time now. Thirty Bees needs two features: dropshipping capability and print on demand companies integration. Merchants use these features a lot and are big on them. Even if it's just to be able to import products into ThirtyBees from AliExpress, it's still something!

Again, can ThirtyBees have more ready-made themes? These are features that attract merchants to s shopping cart software. Having enough options like those make products like this attractive.

I have a little request which maybe of interest to a few that use specific prices  for multiple combinations and groups

My example  

I currently have the groups

Retail end user  (rrp)  no specific price required

Wholesale (resellers)  specific price required

Product testers specific prices required

Sponsored Anglers specific prices required

Combinations

I might have a liquid product for example that has 4 flavours in 2 different sized bottles and the price is different for each user group and each bottle size,  4 x 4 x 2  thats without multi store

So you can see I have many possible combinations  setting them all up isnt a massive issue just a little time consuming and part of the product building / developement however editing them for price changes is a massive task or genrally fixing a mistake as each has to be deleted and redone, some kind of live edit,  example the value box, is it possible make it clickable and editable?, this would be a huge deal breaker and save hours and hours of time for those that use many combinations and groups.  the current function allows you to pick, group, shop, currency etc, then either all combos or an individual combination, to be able to select multyple options from this area of the cart would be massive 

to date I have not seen a module other than the likes of store commander that would actually allow this and im not sure store commander would work with Bees

If the part highlighted below would allow a click and edit that would be awesome

image.thumb.png.a43bab696eb9e6a405bd17b6a81ea576.png

From the screen shot below

if the ability to select multyple combinations was allowed, it would save time and there would be a lot less specific prices, you currently have to do each seperate unless you make a product for each combination.

im not sure if that would save on DBase usage and load but would imaging it would

image.thumb.png.835ed5cd9ecb454699f428889b2a9d7a.png

I hope that all makes sense  just a little idea injection

Edited by The Pellet Guy
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
On 1/7/2021 at 10:34 AM, han said:

Automatically save customized fields input when customer clicks add to cart.

Confusing for customers to have to click save twice.

Currently i have to use an override based on NemoPs code for ps1.6 to do so.

I'm another merchant who uses customization fields. If the NemoPS code stops working well, there's a couple of modules that might help someone reading this

Edited by veganline

• 2 weeks later...

Is it possible to leave the TB version 1.2 and just update the programming around it?

Why does the handling in every new version, i.e. in 1.2 to adjust the header is easy, no sense in trying to copy the way prestashop 1.7.8x is doing things. I can't say that there are many who are positive about the entire 1.7 series.

29 minutes ago, nickz said:

Is it possible to leave the TB version 1.2 and just update the programming around it?

Why does the handling in every new version, i.e. in 1.2 to adjust the header is easy, no sense in trying to copy the way prestashop 1.7.8x is doing things. I can't say that there are many who are positive about the entire 1.7 series.

It's hard for me to understand, what you are talking about? Do I get right, that you don't want to update to 1.3 for some reason?

6 minutes ago, nickz said:

Maintain the form and handling and just get rid of bugs.

Isn't that, what TB did the last years? 

There were no huge changes. Technical Stack is almost the same as in PS 1.6. Acutally I see it the other way. I wish we could drive the project more forward, since ecommerce changes fastly and is very competitive.

• Like 4

22 minutes ago, nickz said:

The Backend design is similar to 1,7 of PS and I like more the 1.2 version of TB.

I believe there is some misunderstanding. Are you aware, that you can set the BO design in BO? Just go to the employees settings.

Edited by wakabayashi

• 1 month later...

Hello,

A few suggestions:

1) The "recent blog post module" cannot be configured. One setting that would be useful is the amount of posts to display. At least for hookDisplayhome().

By default it is set to 4 - modules/beesblogrecentposts/beesblogrecentposts.php line 130 - "$recentPosts = BeesBlogPost::getPosts($this->context->language->id, 0, 4);" Changing 4 to 6 allowed for 2 additional posts to display.

It would be really cool if this could be configured in the module settings.

2) When creating a new blog post you MUST select a language or it will not display. Simple fix: make the field required?

3) Ability to bulk edit multiple products. Maybe there is already a way to do it, but I created a new category and was unable to add multiple products to the new category at once.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

For me the main function that is missing is the multivendor, the stores individually if you have it well positioned you will have work, but the newest is that the store/s are multivendor.

The multistore/multidomain function is fine, but it should also be multivendor.

And the stock for the multistore should be easier to update, because now it is quite complicated.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/9/2022 at 8:12 PM, jmeca said:

For me the main function that is missing is the multivendor, the stores individually if you have it well positioned you will have work, but the newest is that the store/s are multivendor.

The multistore/multidomain function is fine, but it should also be multivendor.

And the stock for the multistore should be easier to update, because now it is quite complicated.

This multi-vendor function is very advanced.

For the manufacturer's information there is a free module that can be used:

https://catalogo-onlinersi.net/es/complementos/146-fabricante-adicional.html

For the vendor function you can use the native vendor function of thirtybees which works well with the previous module.

It only remains to be done or programmed so that the new supplier or seller only has access to his articles and orders and does not see the other sellers. 

And that only the superadmin has access to all orders and items.

I do not know about programming, but I think it can be easier this way, even if it were a separate module at a reasonable price I would pay for it. 

• 2 months later...

I'd be keen on seeing improvements in two key areas

1/ Themes... (ongoing I know)

2/ Warehousing... Current advanced warehouse could be simpler and more robust removing unnecessary complication for simple things, but at the same time with more advanced function for higher complexity

Multi vendor- my thoughts are that this is pretty advanced stuff and not really for core function. There's modules on the Prestashop marketplace to deal with this, it certainly should be paid for.

3/ The menu could be a bit smarter and more logical, quite often tricky finding things...  easy to do.

Edited by Mark
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
16 minutes ago, PeterPan said:

i do have this module, but obviously to stupid to find this function :D...:/

Lol yes I know the feeling... It's a powerful module to extract and manage whatever you want but first you have to tell it exactly what you want, and it doesn't do long heartwarming chats over coffee to discuss things very well lol. 

Make thirty bees read-only and start a new project called thirtythree bees, this time as a RESTful API instead of monolithic. 

No more legacy code, everybody does whatever they want with the front-end. Provide a templating engine as a module for those who want server-rendered.

I might just do this myself actually.

• Like 1

• 8 months later...

Hello, without a doubt, what thirtybees needs is full compatibility with Google Merchant Center and Google Search Console and no indexing errors with Google, Bing and others.

Eliminate those annoying search console errors and in the end you do not know if you are doing well or not.