thirty bees forum

Compatible themes

musicmaster

I am looking for themes that are compatible with Thirty Bees. 

In an old forum post I found three names: Transformer, Warehouse and Panda.

Further search learned me that Iqit no longer sells PS 1.6 themes. So Warehouse is no longer an option.

Looking at the SunnyToo website I found that only the Panda theme still claims Thirty Bees compatibility. Transformer does not.

So my question is: what other options are there besides Panda and the own themes of Thirty Bees?

All ps16 themes should be compatible. I have seen thirty bees running on a lot of different themes (although usually those stores were migrated)

Some features, like webp or lazy loading, will not be supported on these ps16 themes, of course. And there can be some problems caused by newer smarty library used by thirty bees -- for example issue "Cannot use object of type Carrier as array" -- but that's usually easily fixable. 

On 3/30/2022 at 8:20 AM, datakick said:

All ps16 themes should be compatible. I have seen thirty bees running on a lot of different themes (although usually those stores were migrated)

Some features, like webp or lazy loading, will not be supported on these ps16 themes, of course. And there can be some problems caused by newer smarty library used by thirty bees -- for example issue "Cannot use object of type Carrier as array" -- but that's usually easily fixable. 

I find this hard to work with. SunnyToo must have a reason to have a separate Thirty Bees edition of Panda.

Small differences may be easy for you to solve because you know the way and you have seen many problems before. But for me solving the same problems might take days. 

Add to this that when I have a problem and mail the template maker he will reply that he doesn't support Thirty Bees.

This problem becomes even more urgent when I have to make a quote for switching a customer to Thirty Bees. In such a case I must have reasonable certainty that I can deliver within a certain time for a certain price.

I would love to see Thirty Bees taking some kind of responsibility. It could for example sell support contracts for a list of templates. 40 or 50 euro would be a reasonable price. 

22 hours ago, musicmaster said:

I would love to see Thirty Bees taking some kind of responsibility. It could for example sell support contracts for a list of templates. 40 or 50 euro would be a reasonable price. 

I hope you mean 40 euro per hour, because there's no way there could be a flat rate to 'fix theme'.

Note that there is not much you can do in one hour. More often than not, it will just take an hour to set up working ftp/mysql/back office access, and to describe/explain your issues with the theme. Then there needs to be an investigation, developer have to figure out what is the source of the issue. It's quite likely it will not be a theme issue, but rather some module problem (a lot of modules come with templates that does not work with all themes). And then, the fix itself needs to be designed and developed.

All this can take considerate amount of time. Depending on number of issues, it can vary from couple of hours to few days.

And yes, merchants can contact and purchase this kind of support project from thirty bees directly. Or they can, of course, enlist any other freelancers. There are a lot of experienced prestashop developers that can tackle theme modification easily.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, datakick said:

I hope you mean 40 euro per hour, because there's no way there could be a flat rate to 'fix theme'.

When I buy a template I get a period of 6 months to a year of support. That takes a lot of risk of buying a template away. It would nice when Thirty Bees could provide a similar deal as you now are left on your own when you buy a PS 1.6 template for Thirty Bees. Given that a typical template costs 80 to 100 euro I would assume that half of it is for support and half for development. Some finding some kind of flat rate solution seems for me reasonable. Of course buying should happen at the time of buying the template and not when problems arise.

Guys, 

compatible themes and modules seems to be an issue for ThirtyBees, It is all a little chicken / egg. Devs don’t want to invest time and money if there are not enough customers, but customers won’t use TB if there are not enough themes and modules available

I have an idea that may help a little

I no longer have a day job after my position was made untenable, The site I was in control of, u-bolts-r-us.co.uk is still operating, but I am no longer involved. After 11 years of creating the site with PS and operating it and developing and switching to TB and developing even more I think it is an excellent site. But, I owe a dept to this community, and I am slightly bored with no IT work 😉

I am not sure of how it will come together, but  am going to trawl the internet for any modules and themes that state TB comparability and list them, with details on my own system, Also any free themes and modules that state PS 1.6 compatibility I will install and test. AND leave them installed so that forum users can test them out. So there will be multiple installations of TB, each with it’s own free theme for users to test

There are also a few theme creators out there so i can test them, and pass on those themes if they work

So basically it will be a compendium of sites, modules, themes etc all of which have been tested to work on TB, and most will be left installed for users to play and test themselves

Perhaps also I can take requests (E.G: Ron, can you install this theme, and that module so I can see if they work together kind of thing

Also, hopefully pass on back office details so users can play around with the themes and modules

Anyway, that was my thoughts while out on a walk in the rain just now. Now, I have to think how to do it all

Edited by haylau
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

How many people interessted in a new modern theme for TB, what are features do you need ? I hope elementor or visual composer is not one of theme as I am not fan of this tools as it build messy html code. I already started a Boostrap 5 theme.. wich seems not being used by community, so I stopped publishing work.

Al sunny themes where good in the begining but now support is dropped and it looks too aged, as it still use Boostrap 3 only, all the work is now done for 1.7 version only in sunny team.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, zen said:

How many people interessted in a new modern theme for TB, what are features do you need ? I hope elementor or visual composer is not one of theme as I am not fan of this tools as it build messy html code. I already started a Boostrap 5 theme.. wich seems not being used by community, so I stopped publishing work.

Al sunny themes where good in the begining but now support is dropped and it looks too aged, as it still use Boostrap 3 only, all the work is now done for 1.7 version only in sunny team.

I'd love to see a modern flexible theme like Panda or Warehouse that focuses on TB. Niara is good, but not very flexible without a ton of custom code.

Warehouse, Panda, Transformer, all these themes are running on TB to a large extend. There are some glitches and these themes need maintenance (over time). However, all those themes are a bit boring and around for years now. I would like to see features as in Visual Composer to be able to pimp the themes and to show some cool features.   

6 hours ago, Euria said:

Warehouse, Panda, Transformer, all these themes are running on TB to a large extend. There are some glitches and these themes need maintenance (over time). However, all those themes are a bit boring and around for years now. I would like to see features as in Visual Composer to be able to pimp the themes and to show some cool features.   

Well, I believe this will not happen soon, Visual composer is a huge piece to implement into a new theme.

Are you guys willing to pay for a theme like that (without visual composer or elementor in first version)?

The most common system now is to subscribe for a payment each year like WP and WOO do for all their themes, or one time fee only but have to pay for next updates after purchase ?

17 hours ago, zen said:

Well, I believe this will not happen soon, Visual composer is a huge piece to implement into a new theme.

Are you guys willing to pay for a theme like that (without visual composer or elementor in first version)?

The most common system now is to subscribe for a payment each year like WP and WOO do for all their themes, or one time fee only but have to pay for next updates after purchase ?

If some one can manage to build a modern easy to maintain theme with high design flexibility and a bunch of handy options, I would pay for such a theme. Even if it costs more than a regular theme. Maybe the people running TB right now could consider joining this endevor. TB is at least a stable platform compared to other platforms out there. So they could spend some resources on front end development...

19 hours ago, the.rampage.rado said:

ruzzian war in Ukraine

It is a W-A-R against all life on this planet. Uk is only a small part of it all. But we have to continue building nice webshops an do good for all those in good faith. 

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Ok,

I need a list of the glitches and fixes for Warehouse.

I am in doubt that we will see another theme as an option with fewer glitches for months. Despite this assumption, I am willing to pay even 250Euro for a theme that fulfills our wills and is maintained here.