thirty bees forum

Thirtybees 1.2.0 released

I'm very happy to announce that we have officially released thirtybees version 1.2.0.

This version consists of a lot of enhancements and bug fixes that were implemented in the last (almost) 2 years, including stuff like:

• PHP 7.4 compatibility - this version is fully compatible with PHP 7.4
  • Object model audit - database and php model are now in sync. This fixes a lot of weird issues and problems
  • Ability to auto migrate database during update - missing database tables and columns are automatically created by core updater
  • Installation fixes - a lot of bugs were fixed in installation process. Installation should now run more smoother
  • Bug fixes - many issues were solved
  • and more...

You can simply use core updater module to update to latest stable release. Or you can download installation package and install it on your test server.

I will deploy this version to the official demo servers in upcoming days, so you will have an opportunity to test this version even without the need for installation.

• Like 21
  • Thanks 1

Nice.

Already updated my backup store and all the modules to test everything.

Advanced EU module needs some attention 🙂 (500 error - opened issue on github)

Thank you very much for your work

Edited by toplakd

1 hour ago, haylau said:

Great work, can you explain how this fits with bleeding edge? If we have a working established store should we now just stick with official releases and ignore bleeding edge?

As I outlined in other post, the plan is to have 2 major release a year. We believe that this is the frequency that most merchants will find a-ok. Too many releases can be a big headache -- most merchants don't want to update their store every month or so. It can be dangerous, etc...

However, 6 months is a long time to wait for a fix of a serious bug to be released. Therefore, we will have couple of bugfix releases as well. These releases will have a very limited scope, containing only a few code changes that fixes these serious bugs. It will contain only fixes that we understand very well, and we are 100% sure that they don't break anything. This should make updating to these bugfix releases very safe and simple.

On production servers, most merchants should keep their store updated to the latest bugfix release, for stability and security reasons.

On testing servers, it would be amazing if you would run on bleeding edge, as it would give us an early feedback, bug reports, etc.

We will release updated version of core update soon -- this new version will make the whole update process more straightforward and easier to understand.

• Like 2

Glad to see there's finally a release. Competition is encouraging.

1 hour ago, haylau said:

Great work, can you explain how this fits with bleeding edge?

It's about the same as 1.1.x as of two weeks ago. On a quick glance, two commits actually affecting code, a dozen commits affecting the build system and source code comments.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

I'm always on latest bleeding edge since the migration to TB (start of 2018) and have never experienced any major issues with any of the bleeding edge updates.

So thumbs up to the developers  👍

Edited by toplakd

16 minutes ago, Sunny eXtreme said:

Hello,

i have a strange problem... When i try to install new 1.2 TB, it give me " The PHP bcmath extension is enabled: fail ", but phpinfo said "BCMath support enabled"

The check simply verifies that following conditions are met:

return extension_loaded('bcmath') && function_exists('bcdiv');

So either bcmath extension is not loaded, or it does not expose bcdiv function.

What PHP version are you using? What is the version of bcmath extension?

On 3/6/2021 at 3:50 PM, toplakd said:

If I understand correctly the github branches (for core updater), the latest bleeding edge is now "main" branch?

Yep. 

• main branch represents future major release (1.3.0). All new features will be committed there. Updating to this branch will give chance to test you new functionality early on. 
  • you could also use 1.2.x branch. This is a bleeding edge for upcoming bugfix release 1.2.1. This branch will not contain any new feature work, only selected bug fixes
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, FooLab said:

I have a sandbox in bleeding edge 1.0.x, can I update it to 1.2.x?

Yes, you shouldn't encounter any issues or problems

1 hour ago, FooLab said:

the update can impact third party modules?

Nope, core update does not touch third party modules at all

2 hours ago, datakick said:

Nope, core update does not touch third party modules at all

I know it does not touch them, with impact I meant "compatibility".

p.s. thank you for the release 🤗

Edited by FooLab

Amazing news! Trying it tomorrow 🙂

@datakick is there an option to receive new threads alerts on our email? It would be great for those of us that are overwhelmed but want to continue updated and pushing more. I don't know other members, I don't enter in the forum frecuently if I don't see alerts. Thanks!

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Francisco Ampuero said:

Hello Thirtybees Team !!

Thank you very much for the update. good that they are still active.

Important:

But there is still a problem with Edit Products . Error 500 as mentioned in some forums.

Is there a solution coming soon?

Greetings and Thanks for being present !!!

Foto Error Therty Bees.jpg

This error was long time ago and no longer exists. perhaps you are using some old cached JS files.

Try to do hard reset on your browser (CTRL + F5) or try opening the admin site in incognito mode.

Did you installed a fresh v1.2 shop or migrated from older versions?