thirty bees forum

Thirty Bees Future Announcement

I'm not buying or connected to buyers. Just someone who explored the price on a google doc that the seller put-up a while ago, now deleted and re-written.

My post is just about the sticking point, as I saw it. Maybe relevant to questions here, asking why no news. I'm glad this thread says that things have moved-on, and hope for good news.

Edited by veganline

Okay this is interesting... I just switched to TB last week. 

Hoping the new owners will learn from the mistakes that happened when PS changed leadership for like 2 years, published a completely overhauled, but unfinished version, and then left lol

Please don't break the entire architecture like they did!

• Like 1

I guess they buy it for business continuity and security. Probably no need to worry, we all know how Prestashop is going down now. Only thing is buying companies probalt takes months. So we have to be patient.

I am not part of the new team. As the new team doesn't want to give recognition yet, I say something:

Because I have private contact to all almost all big contributors of this project, I have quite a clear idea, who the new owner will be (ofc I won't reveal anything to anyone). The new team is not any mysterious investor, who is lacking of tb/ps expierence. If this deal will be done, all TB users will be better of...

So please @all: relax 🙂

• Like 7

• 3 weeks later...

Hi everyone

We know it's now been a while since our first post.

While we'd love to have new news to share, we're still waiting for some important documents to continue the negotiations.
Someone here mentioned that buying a company can sometimes take months. Unfortunately we're seeing that this may be the case here too.
We are eager to pick up the reigns and move TB forward, but will have to ask you all for your continued patience while we sort out all the details of purchasing TB.
We're picking up that it could still take many weeks before this thing has been finalised.

On the plus side, we do have some info to share:

• The Core Developer has essentially been finalised and has indicated that he is on board (subject to the sale of TB being concluded and other details, of course).
    We will reveal who, once everything is sorted. He will be full-time. And you will be more than happy 😉
  • We plan to move TB forward with continued maintenance and improvements and evolution.
    Making TB better, by building on its solid foundation and listening to the community. Not ripping it up and starting again.
  • So no plans to change architecture or any crazy Prestashop 1.7 or Symfony ideas.
  • There will be roadmaps, bug fixes, new features, enhancements, support and massive community involvement, feedback and participation.

We look forward to finalising the negotiations and purchase of TB.
We will provide feedback within the next few months. Hopefully sooner.
In the meantime, please keep using and promoting TB. We promise an exciting future for TB ahead.
Thanks for all your support 👍

• Like 16
  • Thanks 6

• 3 weeks later...

So are we waiting months before there's any fixes to any bugs at all? Seems like many bug fix requests are going unanswered. Not likely Ill be promoting TB to anyone at all unless I can be sure I can see there is actually a future for myself ... by whats being done with it. It should not take months to conclude this deal. Its hardly rocket science about whats involved with taking it over.

There is a lot more rocket science involved in actually maintaining it and making sure people don't abandon it altogether.

Edited by Mark

Taking over a business can take some time. Be positive I guess 😉 Also I expect the new team will not start working before the formalities are done. Would you start painting a house before buying it?

• 5 weeks later...

Any news update? I check in everyday because I have bugs EDIT: Not Bugs... Settings that are too complicated for me to understand - I need to fix. Before spending any more money I need to know TB will still be going strong. Any idea how much longer?

Edited by basix101
Unfounded critism! No Bugs rather my lack of knowledge of how configure setting correctly.

I think there will be an official announcement soon. We are almost at the end of the contract negotiations, there are just two points left in the whole contract. They should be cleared up by early next week and we can start preparing to make an official announcement about things. So progress is being made and it is moving forward. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, lesley said:

I think there will be an official announcement soon. We are almost at the end of the contract negotiations, there are just two points left in the whole contract. They should be cleared up by early next week and we can start preparing to make an official announcement about things. So progress is being made and it is moving forward. 

I have heard the words "soon" and "next week" too often. TBH I would be very surprised, if we see any relevant announcement next week. I am no more sure, if we see a deal here, before somebody announces a (serious) fork...

Hi all,

Although progress has been made, it will still take some time to iron out a few things and to finalise the purchase and setup of the new company.
We will let you guys know when we have some progress to report. We appreciate everyone's patience and understanding in this regard.

Regarding bugs, please make a forum post detailing the issues and we & the community will have a look.

We emphasise that our effort will be an official and professional continuation of Thirty Bees, with a core developer on board full time.

Don't jump ship just yet.

TB still is up to date. So I am in no hurry jumping ship.

However, Lesley's attitude makes me somewhat pessimistic. I didn't like his attitude that he should get every cent he ever invested in TB back with interest - no matter the real value. Never mind that it was his passivity that destroyed a lot of value.

Catch 22:
-the busier this forum,
-the higher the seller can value this going-concern and goodwill, and argue that it is more than just a domain name.

If some forum users use a temporary forum, that might speed-up the handover. I don't know how expensive or practical the suggestion is. I just think it's good to state the logic anyway.

I didn't log-on to write this post - just to see how people make Stripe work smoothly!

Edited by veganline

@veganline The price was established months ago with both sides agreeing that it was fair. 

@wakabayashi  I think it will be soon. A contract was delivered to them a month or so ago, we have negotiated all of the sticking points in the contract now. It just has to be amended to reflect everything we have all agreed on, then signed. 

• Like 2

Just for the record and for whoever is buying Thirty Bees, there are many users like my company that value Thirty Bees and are waiting patiently for the transfer of ownership to take place and for the resumption of development. So, don't be put off by the relative quietness or inactivity in the forum. 

Edited by avilink
  • Like 8

10 hours ago, avilink said:

Just for the record and for whoever is buying Thirty Bees, there are many users like my company that value Thirty Bees and are waiting patiently for the transfer of ownership to take place and for the resumption of development. So, don't be put off by the relative quietness or inactivity in the forum. 

Thanks for the great message  @avilink

We're grateful for your and the community's support. We're excited about the future of Thirty Bees and are eager to pick up the reigns of this great platform and move it forward together with you and the community. 

We'd just like to ask for continued patience and understanding as we finalise the purchase of TB and setting up the new company. 

We will let you guys know when we have some new progress to report.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

• 4 weeks later...
On 8/23/2020 at 3:33 AM, lesley said:

On 8/23/2020 at 2:20 PM, wakabayashi said:

I have heard the words "soon" and "next week" too often. TBH I would be very surprised, if we see any relevant announcement next week. I am no more sure, if we see a deal here, before somebody announces a (serious) fork...

On 8/23/2020 at 8:57 PM, lesley said:

I think it will be soon. A contract was delivered to them a month or so ago, we have negotiated all of the sticking points in the contract now. It just has to be amended to reflect everything we have all agreed on, then signed. 

It's now another month. And I am quite lazy of such topics:

@lesley @Messenger Bee Did the negotiations fail? 

@lesley Can you please remove me as a moderator?

27 minutes ago, wakabayashi said:

It's now another month. And I am quite lazy of such topics:

@lesley @Messenger Bee Did the negotiations fail? 

@lesley Can you please remove me as a moderator?

Hi @wakabayashi

No the negotiations did not fail. We're currently waiting for another update to the contract and this should be the final version. Once our attorney has checked it, we will proceed with the sale. 

As is normal with these things, it could still take a little while longer to wrap things up and create the new company. But from a negotiations standpoint, everything is essentially sorted.

We appreciate your concern, but continue to ask for patience. Everything is on track and there's no need to worry or jump ship. 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Messenger Bee said:

Hi @wakabayashi

No the negotiations did not fail. We're currently waiting for another update to the contract and this should be the final version. Once our attorney has checked it, we will proceed with the sale. 

As is normal with these things, it could still take a little while longer to wrap things up and create the new company. But from a negotiations standpoint, everything is essentially sorted.

We appreciate your concern, but continue to ask for patience. Everything is on track and there's no need to worry or jump ship. 

OK, but what will it change then when ownership is transfered .. is TB gonna come back as a golden egg chicken (cash machine) or will it become a real community open source software place ?

Just to know ^^

3 hours ago, zen said:

OK, but what will it change then when ownership is transfered .. is TB gonna come back as a golden egg chicken (cash machine) or will it become a real community open source software place ?

Just to know ^^

Hi Zen

We will inject new life and new energy into TB. Basically revitalising a project that has essentially become stagnant. It's not being taken over by some corporate bad guys. We are members of the community, like you. Our focus and goal is not money and profit, but for TB to survive and thrive. Open source and free. Also, we won't be taking what was free once and moving it behind a pay wall. And we don't have any plans for a major architectural change. So won't be going the PS 1.7 route. 

In short: community focused and community involvement, open source, free. Continuation and improvement of Thirty Bees. 

More detail to follow in the near future. 

• Like 6