thirty bees forum

Thirty Bees Future Announcement

14 hours ago, veganline said:

Shipping ecommerce orders to EU

Isn’t the same that UK retailers are already doing for extra-cee countries?

but yes, as always with law changes, there are opportunities for developers.

About 30bees I hope the deal will be settled asap.

On 11/25/2020 at 12:11 PM, zen said:

Well done, 40bees now ! it's 10 more, good deal !

but seriously, like waka said if it's not finished by the end of this year, all my hope will be gone and I'll move away from this project unfortunatly.

i agree with this and same.

• Like 1

On 11/26/2020 at 2:45 AM, FooLab said:

Isn’t the same that UK retailers are already doing for extra-cee countries?

Jamaica, Isreal... usually people in those countries know the problem and don't order.
UK is an awkward country to sell in-to from outside the EU. There's a tax on goods valued over £18 or so. Often not enforced on goods from China bought on Aliexpress with "£18" written on the customs sticker.

USA is easy: customs ignore anything under $800. They just need a CN22 sticker.  Australia and New Zealand don't have a problem accepting e-commerce parcels. Canada was tricky; there was nothing on their government web site to say what the threshold was, but people ordered anyway.

Smaller UK sellers like me do not have to register for VAT - not till our turnover is £85,000 or so - so this idea of charging UK or EU VAT to customers is new to us however it will work.

I will wait and see.
-------------------------added a bit later
There are also tariffs. Maybe Zero for goods made in UK, but what about those goods I just bought on Aliexpress through the lax customs system? EU customs will probably want to know if the goods are made outside any EU trading bloc for example in China. If so, they will want to know any details that put the tariff up or down: down for safety boots, perhaps; up for clothing. We are not used labelling country of origen in the UK

-------------------------added out of order
If you are a developer with clients in the UK, they get a letter with this link on it https://gov.uk/retail-2021 which is a checklist

Edited by veganline
added a link
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

I think it's time to prepare for future. There will be changes in every way (mostly new version of server softeare) and I think that TB will work year or two, but after this there will be too many modifications that it's pointless to run this software. What is next ? Any suggestion ?

Hi all

We understand the frustration and uncertainty about the future of TB that is being felt here due to no news and constant delays.

The delays are caused by having to resolve the issue with the partner and this is holding up the contract being finalised.

If it was up to us it would have been sorted out long ago... 

However, we've decided that we and you cannot wait forever. We are committed to making Thirtybees succeed and evolve for the future. We have a great team and  one of the Core developers, @datakick on board. And with you support, we know we can succeed.

Because of this, we've decided that if the contract is not signed by end December we will fork. Either way, Thirtybees will succeed and continue in the future in one form or another. You will not be left hanging. We have you covered and backed by the Core developer on our team, you can be rest assured that we will deliver, whatever happens.

Your and our stores will continue to be supported and TB will evolve for the future.

We know it's a hard ask and we're impatient too. But if we can ask for just a little more patience please...

• Like 5
  • Thanks 8

I am happy to wait as have spent too much money (and lost a lot) to start again.So great to hear that there is a deadline of December.

Hopefully outdated stuff like the checkout can be can be improved and TB brought up to date with a great new version 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Messenger Bee said:

Because of this, we've decided that if the contract is not signed by end December we will fork. Either way, Thirtybees will succeed and continue in the future in one form or another. You will not be left hanging.

Thanks for your update! Let's say no deal will be achieved (which is very likely). What happens then? Will we see something in the beginning of 2021? Or will we have to wait another few months till the fork is leading anywhere?

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, wakabayashi said:

Thanks for your update! Let's say no deal will be achieved (which is very likely). What happens then? Will we see something in the beginning of 2021? Or will we have to wait another few months till the fork is leading anywhere?

Probably sometime early next year. It's my understanding that some progress has already been made regarding the fork, in case of a no deal scenario. Obviously it will still need to be completed, but then we can fully commit to it and get it done asap. 

• Thanks 2

10 hours ago, Mark said:

What can you tell us about the business model going forward and what changes if any there will be as to how revenue for Thirtybees is made?

Maybe you should wait until December 31st to ask for the possible future structure since this date will precisely decide the future, they won't fully explain the two possible scenarios to you.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/25/2020 at 1:24 PM, led24ee said:

Only week more to wait.

Oh yeah 😵 Actually how many merchants are still here and do care for this project? Please like my post, if you do.

A few months ago, I asked in another forum topic, who would be willing, to invest 50$/month or more. Then the following poeple where in:

1. @wakabayashi
  2. @Briljander
  3. @rubben1985
  4. @Smile
  5. @vincentdenkspel
  6. @dynambee

Are there any others right now? I am still evaluating the options for serious/established merchants...

• Like 17
  • Thanks 1

Well. I invest 60$/month. Something like 1 year. Then they changed from Patreon to forum and this amount was 50$/month. They couldn't even put names in supporters list. Advanced stock management still not working, but there is something like year when "please be patient we are doing something soon". Now You can quess three times what is my answer. And I don't count two last answer.

I guess that sponsoring developers hope for new retail clients who want a shop developed or maintained. Then there's pocket money to be had from referrals to hosting and card processing, from odd-jobs and modules, and donations or volunteer work. I hope so anyway, because recession has held-back business a bit where I am and this Prestashop 1.6 / Thirtybees / Whatevernext software could be a big help when things pick-up.

5 hours ago, wakabayashi said:

Oh yeah 😵 Actually how many merchants are still here and do care for this project? Please like my post, if you do.

A few months ago, I asked in another forum topic, who would be willing, to invest 50$/month or more. Then the following poeple where in:

1. @wakabayashi
  2. @Briljander
  3. @rubben1985
  4. @Smile
  5. @vincentdenkspel
  6. @dynambee

Are there any others right now? I am still evaluating the options for serious/established merchants...

I am still here in the forums and would invest $50 / month if there is a roadmap and a clear objective of what will be done. But my doubts are big about the future for TB so we'll see what happens Q1 2021. 

20 hours ago, wakabayashi said:

I moved on to Woocommerce a few months ago. I did not have to port order history so it was painless.

I miss a feature or two from TB/PS that I was used to, but overall, it has been a very positive change. I can't comment too much on the technological pros and cons, though.

I'm still here. No plans to migrate in near future.

Until everything is working and paypal works as it should (I use PS paypal) I see no point of searching for new platform.

I modded few things I needed (extended shipping options, 3 page checkout and custom theme).

I have that 5$ backer subscription and plan to transfer it to new fork if that will be the way TB will go.

• Like 1

On 12/26/2020 at 6:38 PM, wakabayashi said:

1. @wakabayashi
  2. @Briljander
  3. @rubben1985
  4. @Smile
  5. @vincentdenkspel
  6. @dynambee

My opinion hasn't changed since then. I'm undecided. I like thirtybees and I like the community. But I am concerned about the viability of the project longterm because of recent experiences, such as people not responding to direct messages even after having 'engaged' their paid services (though I give them the benefit of the doubt that it's because they're overworked), or replying by primarily complaining about other forum members instead of going into the substance of the issue.

At this stage, I need to invest in certain modules that are outdated and no longer work with the third-party services they connect to. Being left in the dark about thirtybees, it seems like it would make more sense to switch eg to PS 1.7 and get the modules for that platform. 

I did the crowdfunding early on and never 'used' any of the benefits. I donated once when I felt that the crowdfunding amount was 'used up'. That was shortly before the project was officially put on hold. Since then, I've been holding my breath.

I'll wait until the end of the year, even though it's bothersome because of the new modules. Ideally, I'd have gotten them already early December. My decision will depend on the statement made by the new team, be it a fork or thirtybees. Either way, I'm grateful for thirtybees.

Edited by 30knees
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1