thirty bees forum

Thirty Bees Future Announcement

One more time i will say that a "support" of a forum/in a forum is not the way a shopsystem can survive.  Make the shopsystem itself and all substantly needed modules  (e.g. Paypal)  working for 100%  and ask a few bucks per month  (a few!!  not more than e.g. 5 USD/month) and you can/will survive in the sharktank with an according business plan.  Other shopsystems are more than 8USD/month, which is an edge of yes/no for an merchant.

On 12/26/2020 at 6:38 PM, wakabayashi said:

Oh yeah 😵 Actually how many merchants are still here and do care for this project? Please like my post, if you do.

A few months ago, I asked in another forum topic, who would be willing, to invest 50$/month or more. Then the following poeple where in:

1. @wakabayashi
  2. @Briljander
  3. @rubben1985
  4. @Smile
  5. @vincentdenkspel
  6. @dynambee

Are there any others right now? I am still evaluating the options for serious/established merchants...

I have no plans to migrate from ThirtyBees in the near future.
Like others I am willing to pay some monthly fee, but not 50$/month as the situation is now.
For 50$/month there might be other alternatives, so I need more than a statement from the new team.

Im hanging in there awaiting news and concrete plans before I decide whether to give up. I have some faith in the technical skills that are here, but not necessarily the determination, vision, commitment, management that keeps the technical skills challenged and compensated.

If TB wants users then in my mind its going to have to continue to provide the core code base at no charge as is present, but make money from updates, support and modules.

Im waiting for some serious effort to take place in advanced stock management in particular, but also speed of user onboarding, and social media and marketing integration. as well as many other 3rd party integrations.

I once donated but stopped it a while back.. when I saw suggestions and bugs being ignored and there being a bit of an arrogance and lack of straightup talk.

Edited by Mark
  • Like 1

Thanks for your feedbacks! I want to make clear, that my question has nothing to do with the "new team". I am not part of it...

I just wanted to check, if there are enough big merchants, which want to push this project forward. That's why I asked for the 50$/month. Which is ofc too much for small merchants, but for big merchants it would be no problem at all. The idea was to create like a an investor group, that discusses together the pain points and fixes them in a proper way. Unfortunately we only seem to be one or two handful merchants, that need the big improvements (like advanced stock management, order editing or speed improvements). So my hope/idea is probably not realistic. 

Well looking at the current field a serious merchant who preferers freedom would probably still choose for PS/TB, magento or Woocommerce. And i think when TB has good support and positive environment we can slow but steady grow. I guess its like a marathon and a new start for TB.

I like where you are coming from @wakabayashi Most people know that to make good money online you give good quality away free.

At first.

Then as people see where you are coming from and begin to love/need you they start paying, and paying for a long time if they get a good experience and "everything" works.

Virtually no money will be made at all if TB or whatever the new brand is, starts charging from the outset for open source that isnt even possible to charge for under the license. If no money is made, TB/whatever will die. Again. and again we will all be left with nowhere to go.

We need to encourage free users, no donations/ poor me stuff.

They should be allowed the minimum of upgrades, essential only and very slow support.

There should be a hosted version, which users pay for after about a 2 week trial.

Modules need to be paid for in much the same way Datakick and many others do things, bundled together with time expiry and limited functionality to encourage trial, trust and results.

If a module gets results, TB certainly should be charging. I do realise that knowing if something got a result does mean we have to extract performance data. The modules shoud be tracking their own performance and reporting back anonymously.

"Self improving" software is important.

We need to systematically check to see whats not working for people and suggest solutions, in ways that do not cross privacy lines.

I like a credit system whereby people earn credit by either buying it or through things they do to help out to help the ecosystem grow.

Performing modules can therefore cost users in credit as opposed to hard cash (as first).

Just some ideas

It's hard to say but we have to leave ThityBees because some required module updates like PSP Mollie and more modules updates not working on ThirtyBees (PS1.6 structure). We were verry happy with ThirtyBees and the great support in the forum but we have to move on.

We like too thank the crew of TB and all the forum members for the support the past 3 years😪

We wish you all the best.

There's nothing wrong with system. This is very stable. But there are things that are in constant change. For example when there is new version of PHP with major changes, then TB will not work. And this new PHP is coming sooner or later. Also all kind updates in modules. Now, if you have let's say 1000 client, 10 000 different item (combinations or whatever) and who knows how many modules to make your shop working then it is a lot more than PITA to make all this work on somewhere else. For me there will be also need to translate, find out what is new, there are lot of situation when the same thing is with different name, but this will take time to understand this, etc. Shortly, this migration is anyway nightmare and this will be more sickening if you need do this fast. But,  If You are smart then you think about this, you make plan B and you don't count on miracle that somehow all this will be working itself or there is configuration that lasts forever. At the moment there is something like 18 months when nobody knows how or where this project is going. So if You need that your shop is working then you move to someplace else. Yes, maybe You can fix all things in Your shop, but this doesn't mean that all can do this. Bad thing is that if someone already makes decision to move on some other software, then it will be hard to convince to move back. But hey, only 3 more days to wait, or to be honest to the end of this week.

15 hours ago, wakabayashi said:

@Kleijn36 Oh thats sad. Which plattform do you chose? I don't ask, because I want to leave this shop system, but I want to learn, what are the biggest pain points in the system right now.

My biggest pain points is that already one 3th party modules/API stopped working because they don't longer invest in the PS 1.6 platform. There will be no new updates for PS1.6 or Bug fixes.

Sendcloud - Already stopped working. Import date for shipping labels and pick up point selector stopped working.

Payment Service Provider Mollie - V3.3.2 works (2018) Newer versions not.

DPD Shipping PS1.6 - Not working after Brexit. No new release for PS1.6

Point of Sale system - Planed update june 2021. Dataconnector not longer compatible with p.s. 1.6. The point of sale system runs on the MySQL database of PS1.7/Woo/Magento. (prices/inventory/products)

The biggest problem is that we can't go forwards with ThirtyBees because loss of compatibility with these modules in the near future. It is back in time with the increase of sales in the covid pandemi to make all shipping labels by hand.

We have made no choise yet but probably Woo.

We whised that we can stay on ThrityBees because the more users friendly interface then Woo.

1 hour ago, Kleijn36 said:

My biggest pain points is that already one 3th party modules/API stopped working because they don't longer invest in the PS 1.6 platform. There will be no new updates for PS1.6 or Bug fixes.

I think this will be the major issue for Thirtybees. PS 1.6 is old nowadays and if moduledevelopers keep dropping support for it there will be problems. 

10 hours ago, Kleijn36 said:

Payment Service Provider Mollie - V3.3.2 works (2018) Newer versions not. => last Mollie module works good on TB

DPD Shipping PS1.6 - Not working after Brexit. No new release for PS1.6 => Where did you get that info, we use DPD for B2C & B2B from France and they will update presta 1.6 module for this process if needed but legal procedure for export in GB is now way more complicated.

On 12/30/2020 at 1:04 AM, Kleijn36 said:

Sendcloud - Already stopped working. Import date for shipping labels and pick up point selector stopped working.

Payment Service Provider Mollie - V3.3.2 works (2018) Newer versions not.

DPD Shipping PS1.6 - Not working after Brexit. No new release for PS1.6

Point of Sale system - Planed update june 2021. Dataconnector not longer compatible with p.s. 1.6. The point of sale system runs on the MySQL database of PS1.7/Woo/Magento. (prices/inventory/products)

The biggest problem is that we can't go forwards with ThirtyBees because loss of compatibility with these modules in the near future. It is back in time with the increase of sales in the covid pandemi to make all shipping labels by hand.

We have made no choise yet but probably Woo.

We whised that we can stay on ThrityBees because the more users friendly interface then Woo.

There are a few good arguments and pointers.
These have now made me think again.
Since then I have also looked at other shop systems.
At this point, none of these are as good as TB for my needs.
Since PS made the switch from 1.6 to 1.7, I am not thrilled and have therefore switched to TB. I would like to continue using the modules and templates that I have bought so far and not start from scratch. If there isn't a better solution in the near future, I'll use PS 1.7. The main reason for this is the functionality and the required modules. In the other shop systems, I haven't found another one that gives me options like TB or PS (sigh).

positive characteristics:
- continue to use previous modules (mostly for PS),
- continue to use previous templates (mostly for PS),
- Export / import of articles, customers, orders, etc ...
- Required functions that TB or PS are available as standard or can be extended by the very large range of modules (most systems do not have such a large selection or already integrated functions that I need)

I didn't really want to list the negative ones, like for the example:
- where can I adapt my template (since PS 1.6 to PS 1.7 with all the changes, must be found out again)
- Changes / adaptations of languages ....
- .... So things that have generally changed from PS 1.6 to PS 1.7
- bugs / bugs / bugs

I hope there is a solution for the future. A change to another shop system was not on my plan.
Despite the pandemic, many online shops are on the rise. Due to Lockdowns & Co, many products from my range are not in demand.

Hi all!

I am Chiel and as a ecommerce merchant I love Thirty Bees. First of all, thanks for staying and waiting for a sign of life. As many of you, I moved over from Prestashop to Thirty Bees. When I noticed that Thirty Bees was not moving forward as quickly as expected I felt I had to do something. So I decided to see if I could help. I got in touch with Lesley, the current owner and long discussions followed. Finally, we made an agreement that both of us are happy with. I will take over Thirty Bees and Datakick, an expert Thirty Bees Core developer will join the new company.

In the upcoming two months we will take the time to  get used to our new roles and will work to get a new version out as soon as possible. In the upcoming year we will still depend heavily on the community, support and money wise. I paid a fair price for Thirty Bees, but to run the company effectively a lot of money is needed and at this point there is almost no income yet. For now, we can only employ Datakick, and he is paid for by my own savings. And as all of you know, a software can be opensource, but the resources and infrastructure required to run it is mostly charged in hard cash.

Therefore, I like to ask all of you to join us as a supporter. So we can pay for hosting, and our dedicated programmer Datakick, and improve quality and pay for new features etc.

Also, if you can help us in any way, please get in touch, and maybe assist with some SEO, SEA, few hours programming, writing newsletters or whatever you feel you can help with.

I believe we can keep Thirty Bees open source. But we need you and the whole community to help us in the upcoming year. Please note that most changes will become noticeable from the end of February onwards. We will also provide more info and road maps etc in the new year.

I'd like to thank @lesley for his investments in the past. And a big special thanks to @Theo and @datakick who both have made this new step for Thirty Bees possible!

Also, I'd like to thank each of you who have stuck it out with Thirty Bees during the time of uncertainty and the lengthy negotiations. Thank you!

Without you Thirty Bees would not be possible. Let's work together to make it great again and move it forward to a bright and successful future!

Stay tuned, have a great and safe new year and don’t forget to pledge now!

• Like 5

Thank you, @Smile. It's great that @datakickis on board. I sincerely wish that everything works out nicely!

Looking forward to more information and a roadmap soon. I guess you've had quite some time to think about all that already. 🙂 Do you know when you'll have all this information ready to present? I think if you want to get people to support thirtybees, it would be important to have this information out there as soon as you can and not wait until the end of February.

Edited by 30knees
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, 30knees said:

Thank you, @Smile. It's great that @datakickis on board. 

The guy is rock solid, I look at his answers to peoples questions and his knowledge is emmense (I don't understand most of it), his modules are superb too,  there are some good guys on this forum they just need bringing toegther now and a little structure.

Smile 

I wish you good luck and look forward to seeing your plans and roadmap,  Every vehicle needs a good engine as long as you can fuel that engine I can't see why this project won't get better and better,