thirty bees forum

Thirty Bees Future Announcement

6 hours ago, led24ee said:

Soon ? Your patience can already be measured in light years ...

a light year is a distance unit and not a time one ^_^

7 hours ago, datakick said:

Important thing is that we are committed to this. Although we prefer continuation of thirtybees for various reasons, we are prepared to fork and proceed under the new brand if the deal is not reached soon.

I hope the deal will be reached... but if it will be a matter of switch from 30bees to 42bears it will be ok too.

Edited by FooLab
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, FooLab said:

a light year is a distance unit and not a time one ^_^

Yes it is. It contain both time (year) and distance ( 9 460 500 000 000 km) so it is pretty good thing. But if there is something specific for patience measuring then enlighten me. And sorry for offtopic.

3 hours ago, led24ee said:

Yes it is. It contain both time (year) and distance ( 9 460 500 000 000 km) so it is pretty good thing.

Well, no. It's only a unit of distance. 

3 hours ago, led24ee said:

ut if there is something specific for patience measuring then enlighten me. And sorry for offtopic.

For patience I usually use "don't hold your breath"... so I think that after all this waiting, we can all be freediving champions.

Jokes apart, I understand that this can be a complicated deal so I will hold my breath a little more 😂

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FooLab said:

Jokes apart, I understand that this can be a complicated deal so I will hold my breath a little more 😂

Freediving analogy indeed. This is the final push. Let's hope we get to the surface. 

Either way, it's good to know that we are able to respawn to a commanding position on terrafirma 😉

I am going to give a little disclosure to this situation. 

We have worked on a contract to sell the rights to thirty bees assets to a group of members of the community for for several months. We had agreed on everything, just had some language changes in the contract and we would have signed it in a couple days. But right at that time we were contacted about an investigation into a partner with thirty bees. That derailed everything and required a new contract. It was because of neither nothing that the buyers did or me the seller did. But it did change things. 

If you want to read more about it, here is a good link. https://www.forbes.com/sites/davidjeans/2020/09/18/how-a-cyber-fraud-company-ceo-raised-123-million-in-months---and-got-arrested-for-fraud/#3f06e9c2253c

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Even if TB is "alive" (ie being pushed around by lawyers, trying to make everything perfect, keep all the stakeholders totally clear of problems and issues and serving their interests) it's pretty obvious that the heart has gone.

There's no passion to make this amazing, no bold direction, no guts, it's all defense and legal documents and secrecy.

You are not going to have a business at all, even after spending months and months doing what you are told by self-serving lawyers if you guys don't man up and take some bold steps and risks.

It's not ever possible or even desirable to have completely water tight legal arrangements and trying to do so just shows a lack of trust, drive and initiative.

It shows us you are going to plod along playing legal games and being defensive.

Edited by Mark

Sales are booming and my PS/TB is 11 years old... Worried my site could not keep up with the increase in sales, and not wanting to invest into a platform that looked like it was dying ie, TB. I spent the last two months flat out trying Shopify, BigCommerce, WooCommerce, Magento, Spree and every and other cart and template out there. I've landed back here with my old TB site because despite 11 years, changes in platforms and hosts TB just does everything it needs to do. I'm still on the same website I have always been on, so as long as TB is here looks like I will be here too. TB is the best!

• Like 8

10 hours ago, basix101 said:

Sales are booming and my PS/TB is 11 years old... Worried my site could not keep up with the increase in sales, and not wanting to invest into a platform that looked like it was dying ie, TB. I spent the last two months flat out trying Shopify, BigCommerce, WooCommerce, Magento, Spree and every and other cart and template out there. I've landed back here with my old TB site because despite 11 years, changes in platforms and hosts TB just does everything it needs to do. I'm still on the same website I have always been on, so as long as TB is here looks like I will be here too. TB is the best!

TB is good. it is working, But ... There is 1,5 year with no new release. But I can't even imagine how many someone are already making modifications to his/her version. With new release they must remember all what they have done, because there is possibility that most of this must be done again after upgrade. And finally there is no point to upgrade bc it's simpler to install new version and start all over. And this is really frustrating. But maybe I'm wrong.

Well, I don't understand the point of buying TB, all is gone now, only what is left is the code, not the "brand-name", actually I would prefer that if something happens it start again with brand new "image" instead of carrying all of this history that nobody wants to ear about.

TB is dead.. long life to "what ever new is coming" !!!

20 hours ago, basix101 said:

No doubt TB code is better than others, but its obvious that business-wise its looking like its going to jump from the frying pan into the fire, led by defensive secretive pen pushers as business side partners. Ecommerce solutions need bold drivers with a plan that we, the punters, buy into and support.

I really feel for Datakick and the other devs who have worked to make this pretty solid technically, but struggle to find business co partners who can make things happen and therefore turn over the money needed to pay the devs to make the site really good.

Edited by Mark

Of course with every week going on with no deal, the trust in this project is sinking. From my side I just added a PR to github. Thats all I can do for now. I saw that others @Mediacom87 and @zen are also still adding PRs. So there is still some chance.

But seriously @Messenger Bee I expect something real till end of the year. There may be shop owners, who can use old software and still make a solid business. But there are also other merchants in a highly competitve surrounding. I doubt that the first group is large enough and I also doubt this group will get bigger. In my country and my niche I can find a new competitor almost every month. That's my reality. Of course the shop system is not the only key to success, but an important one.

10 minutes ago, veganline said:

I'm happy to use a 40bees project, temporary or permenant, if it helps any developer get paid earlier for work put-in. I doubt it's practical because payment would be from referral partners who want a long-term project, but who knows?

Well done, 40bees now ! it's 10 more, good deal !

but seriously, like waka said if it's not finished by the end of this year, all my hope will be gone and I'll move away from this project unfortunatly.

There are opportunities for developers to help UK retailers cope with Brexit after 31st of December, on any platform. Or help rich retailers, anyway; the rest of us just adapt and hope for freebies!

The latest UK Departmenet for International Trade webinar is not yet on their web site:
https://www.great.gov.uk/ ; it's called "Shipping ecommerce orders to EU consumers in 2021", recorded 24.11.20

It suggests that UK retailers selling to the EU will need or want

• a courier who can charge new EU taxes along with postage, delivering duty-paid (none yet found; Royal Mail has said it won't do this)
  • https://www.gov.uk/eori (this comes-in for people in the EU about June 2021 but in the UK on 1st of January)
  • any details relevant to customs, printed on the piece of paper that goes with the parcel as well as online. Harmonization codes, country of origen, fibre composition, description of the object such as whether childrens' clothing or adult, price and weight before and after wrapping and adding postage.
  • no details are yet known; for example lots of countries ignore this stuff for parcels valued under some value, but this wasn't mentioned in the webinar.

I just mention this in case it helps a developer find a new client.