thirty bees forum

Goodbye

datakick

Hi everyone,

I just wanted to say good bye to all of you. I decided that I will no longer participate on thirtybees project development, as it takes too much time and effort on my part. Lately I was feeling like I was the only one pushing this project forward. And I'm not even affiliated with the tb company, I was just a volunteer doing this for free.  

It's been a fun journey, but I think it's time to move on.

I wish you all good luck with your stores

Petr

• Sad 14

Hello @datakick

It's really sad to read this 😭 I don't know, what this means for the project (maybe the end), but I understand your decision. It's really not up to you alone, to drive this project forward. I want to thank you a lot for your work/time, that you invested for free! I learnt so much from you! 👍

Are you leaving ecommerce as a whole or are you still coding modules and doing customize jobs?

Regards
Emanuel

• Like 1

1 hour ago, wakabayashi said:

Are you leaving ecommerce as a whole or are you still coding modules and doing customize jobs?

20 minutes ago, AndyC said:

But What does this mean for your modules, are you going to be improving them now or are you stopping everything to do with TB/PS

No, I'll still maintain and extend my existing modules, or even create a new one.

I'll just stop fixing bugs in core, implementing new features. And probably limit my presence on the forum

• Like 2

Great at least you are not leaving completely ... I really want to use your chex module on my main site. So hoping you will be looking at that at some stage

Also, wouldn't mind attributes with costs next to them, the 1 I am using is not brilliant tbh  🙂   

Should also add I don't know what you do in the back ground of TB .. But thank you for everything you have done

Edited by AndyC

Sad to hear.

You have been a patient and supportive person and will be missed. I hope you are able to be around in the forums.

I just wish there was some way to compensate you for your time and effort and to keep you active here.

@datakick Oh my G..., just when I finally decided to register in the forum after reading your posts and code for months!

I was following this project from long time ago and all I can say is that your devotion to the project was one of the biggest factors that made consider using TB and switch in the future to paid support.

These are really sad news, but hey... I respect your decision (who ami I anyway) and understand that there are times when one has to make changes in his life.

I remember the beginning where Lesley had some trouble and you were supporting with @Traumflug and refused to give up.

You are a warrior @datakick and that ain't gonna change even if you wouldn't be around here.

THANK YOU SO MUCH, be safe!

On 4/13/2020 at 1:39 PM, datakick said:

Lately I was feeling like I was the only one pushing this project forward.

I believe this is exactly what happened in actual practice. You've really spent a lot of time on this, and you've pushed this project a huge step forward. Your decision has my utmost respect and is also very reasonable for me. This said,  I'm afraid this is just another step towards the burial of tb. And I really hope I'm wrong.

That's life.. Changing is always a wise choice 🙂

Thank you for all your devotion into this project.. I am starting to really worry now about TB..  Who is still able to give time for this project ? Are we gonna make a fork of that fork ?  many questions still remains.

You should be payed for this job Datakick that's for sure !

Lately I was feeling like I was the only one pushing this project forward. And I'm not even affiliated with the tb company, I was just a volunteer doing this for free.  

I feel like this since 2 years already, but not really alone just with only 3 or 4 people really doing things and not on the same time.. so it's not trustfull.

Anyway, if you start gardening or giving tantric courses, you'll miss TB time for sure.. OR NOT 🙂 😛

I would like to take the opportuniy to ask some basics questions before you leave, if you have the answers of course:

How TB works legaly, is there some accounts filled with income from partners, where is it going, is it + or - right now ?

Who is the TB team now... what job for each one..?

And how is Lesley doing after being in hospital.. I hope much better ! Is there anybody that also has the same keys in hand for the future of TB or everyhting is under the control of one person only ?

=> I hope to have some answers before I'll consider to make a u-turn myself too.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, zen said:

How TB works legaly, is there some accounts filled with income from partners, where is it going, is it + or - right now ?

I have no idea. I was never part of tb company. Just a volunteer with github access 🙂

4 minutes ago, zen said:

Who is the TB team now... what job for each one..?

I guess it's just @lesley

3 minutes ago, datakick said:

I have no idea. I was never part of tb company. Just a volunteer with github access 🙂

I guess it's just @lesley

OK.. so since january 2nd we have NO news from Him.. what to do ? Where are you going Datakick.. may I follow you ? LOL

more seriously.. let's start or continue with a fork of TB with people really motivated, why not ?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

also I am not a long member, thank you @datakick!! It was you and @zen wich convinced me the migration to tb was right because of your big help. But also a few others here, i like this forum!! I have no knowledge and i am not a developer so I just can´t help and contribute to this project...But because i see that you and others are spending much time and intelligence in tb, i started to support tb with a very little(maybe to little?) money.
best wishes!

Edited by Sigi

WOW! This is a serious surprise and major loss to the TB project and to us, the community as a whole. With so much contribution I actually thought that you were part of the TB team... Paid that is. 

Can they not employ you, as you're pretty much invaluable? 

What does this mean in terms of the future of TB??? 

Where is the 'leadership' and other guys like @Traumflug @lesley?

Surely we need some comment from them regarding this unfortunate development...

Very concerning 

Maybe it's selfish on my part and maybe it's out of concern for the future of TB, but I hope you change your mind or that someone convinces you to stay... 

Edited by Theo
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1